Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any updates on their Microsoft Store XSX order? I'm still stuck at "Pending" which I'm guessing translates to "you should have tried to buy this anywhere else."

Has anyone done store pick up for a series x or s from Walmart? I did their kiosk thing and have been waiting for 20 minutes for someone to come out with it. I asked an employee why it’s taking so long and they told me Walmart has a special time for it between 12:00 and 8:00. My email said nothing about that so I’m kinda upset right now since I got here at 11:00 am and will possibly have to wait an hour

my 9/22 amazon delayed xbox order just updated to 

Preparing for Shipment

We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.

If anyone is in Tucson, AZ and looking for a series X shoot me a PM, not trying to scalp mine, but it is the free one from Taco Bell contest with 6 months of ultimate pass.

Honestly, having a colic-y 3 month old, a job promotion with tons more responsibility, and a PS5 ordered with a backlog already is too much. I did crack the box from excitement and booted it up and spent nearly an hour trying to set it up since I haven’t been using my live.com account and you need the app and a non-school (edu) email address; didn’t redeem the code when I realized I already own many titles.

Good luck to everyone hunting in stores and ordering!

Has anyone done store pick up for a series x or s from Walmart? I did their kiosk thing and have been waiting for 20 minutes for someone to come out with it. I asked an employee why it’s taking so long and they told me Walmart has a special time for it between 12:00 and 8:00. My email said nothing about that so I’m kinda upset right now since I got here at 11:00 am and will possibly have to wait an hour
That’s because they’re swamped with other Black Friday Month orders. Be patient and feel happy you even got one

Still no movement on my Gamestop Xbox Series X launch day preorder. My best guess is that it will ship out tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

Did you get it?

Re: the Microsoft Store, this exchange is not encouraging:

https://twitter.com/MicrosoftStore/status/1326991171453923341

The link just goes to the order history in your account, which isn't helpful.

I mean... I used over $200 in credit so if I wait 5 weeks to save $200, fine. But I don't understand why other retailers would have a slow and steady supply and Microsoft themselves couldn't fulfill orders for a whole additional month.

Omg Costco just shipped my xbox series x from Tuesday. Joy!
Whut! Mine too :) I didn't expect it to ship until after 11/23!

Well, let's hope that is accurate and not "we printed the label 2 weeks in advance". :)

ETA Tuesday the 17th!

I mean... I used over $200 in credit so if I wait 5 weeks to save $200, fine. But I don't understand why other retailers would have a slow and steady supply and Microsoft themselves couldn't fulfill orders for a whole additional month.
Just a friendly reminder...if MS credit is your primary payment, you can continue adding to it. I had $400 in credit when I pre-ordered and added (2) $50 gift cards later on.

So now that my Series X is working, time to get rid of my One. Besides FB marketplace or Craigslist because I really don't want to deal with having to meet someone in person, wouldn't care if I had to ship it, what seems to be the best bang for the buck? It's an original 500 Gig model. I know Gamestop is giving $75 and might do that unless anyone can recommend something better.

So now that my Series X is working, time to get rid of my One. Besides FB marketplace or Craigslist because I really don't want to deal with having to meet someone in person, wouldn't care if I had to ship it, what seems to be the best bang for the buck? It's an original 500 Gig model. I know Gamestop is giving $75 and might do that unless anyone can recommend something better.
https://www.estarland.com/product-description/Xboxone/Microsoft-Xbox-One-500GB-System-Trade-In/45278

Trade in a second game system and I believe they will send you a prepaid shipping label. Of course, they require the system to be clean and they won't take half of what Gamestop will allow as far as less than collectible condition of all items being traded. In other words, they won't take junk.

Whut! Mine too :) I didn't expect it to ship until after 11/23!

Well, let's hope that is accurate and not "we printed the label 2 weeks in advance". :)

ETA Tuesday the 17th!
I have it for the 13th! But it's not showing up on UPS yet. Its nice knowing it's coming.

Craigslist I got nothing, but Nextdoor got two serious bites almost immediately for $250 - someone is coming to look at my One X tomorrow. The other is ready if that falls through. I'm leery about meeting people from Craigslist, but Nextdoor in local neighborhoods they are confirmed residents - the local moderators keep that shit up to date. And no, they aren't people that think it is a Series X. I was clear in messages with them on this.

Re: the Microsoft Store, this exchange is not encouraging:

https://twitter.com/MicrosoftStore/status/1326991171453923341

The link just goes to the order history in your account, which isn't helpful.

Why is this happening to meeeeeeee?

I just made a post about this in another thread. By my calculations, I'd go with trade-in for $80-$90. You can sell an original 500GB Xbox One for about $150 shipped on eBay. But with shipping and fees and the hassle of shipping it, I don't think $75 at Gamestop is too bad.

I'm giving mine to my son since he's still playing on an Xbox 360 ;).

Craigslist I got nothing, but Nextdoor got two serious bites almost immediately for $250 - someone is coming to look at my One X tomorrow. The other is ready if that falls through. I'm leery about meeting people from Craigslist, but Nextdoor in local neighborhoods they are confirmed residents - the local moderators keep that shit up to date. And no, they aren't people that think it is a Series X. I was clear in messages with them on this.
This is about the sale price on eBay (shipped!) for the Xbox One X. So getting that locally without paying shipping and fees is excellent!

Just a friendly reminder...if MS credit is your primary payment, you can continue adding to it. I had $400 in credit when I pre-ordered and added (2) $50 gift cards later on.
Totally slipped my mind. I didn't redeem all my rewards points and with the discounted credit I could save a little bit extra money too. Thanks!

Brickseek keeps showing some systems in stock at stores near me. Is it possible that some stores are holding stock to put on shelves? I can't order any for pickup through the website.

got my shipping confirmation from costco from ordering on 11/10. Expected shipping was 11/23 but shipped out today. Chose ground shipping so expected to be delivered by 11/17.

Just got notice from PayPal that Microsoft has deducted funds from my account towards my order. My order status on the web page hasn't updated yet but safe to assume that means it is moving forward!

Just got notice from PayPal that Microsoft has deducted funds from my account towards my order. My order status on the web page hasn't updated yet but safe to assume that means it is moving forward!
Same...Paypal sent the notice, and my credit card attached to paypal has been charged.

And just to clarify, I was one of the ones that got an order into Microsoft this Tuesday with a Dec 23rd date.

Did any of them have them out on the shelves?
They also show up if you put in the local ZIP code as in stock for in-store only. Checked in Fairfax and Alexandria and in store the party line is that they don't have any.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I noticed that on the Wal-Mart website some stores are listed as having some in stock in the my area. Says in store price only, gonna head there in the morning and see if they put them ouy.

I noticed that on the Wal-Mart website some stores are listed as having some in stock in the my area. Says in store price only, gonna head there in the morning and see if they put them ouy.
Came to ask about the same thing, I've got 2 stores nearby. Very confusing.

Those of you with amazon preorders that got the email about a delay until possibly the end of the year- keep an eye out. I just got an email that mine shipped and it will be here tomorrow.

Those of you with amazon preorders that got the email about a delay until possibly the end of the year- keep an eye out. I just got an email that mine shipped and it will be here tomorrow.
same, my DELAYED unit showed up yesterday. Amazon rocks! :)

Fingers crossed that my BB order for pickup today that allfires hooked me up with actually completes and I can pick it up today...

How accurate is that Zoolert thing?

There are like 40 in stock at one near me and another has like 96 in stock.  One has like 15 and 1.  Then the rest have 0.

I called my BB and the first thing on the recording is how they have none in store to sell to people and to go online too purchase.

Could it be there is going to be another round of online orders for store pickup soon?

Came to ask about the same thing, I've got 2 stores nearby. Very confusing.
This is an educated guess:

Those alert systems probably connect to a backend API and it accurately shows the units in stock. However, the retailer cannot sell it to you because they need to have units in stock for Black Friday. You can’t advertise items and have 0 in stock on that day.

After going to a few St. Louis area Wal-Mart stores, I now know how it is being done. Stock will be showing up at stores this week, but they won't be put out for sale. They are being held for Event 3, whatever that is. Now some stores are selling their Series X consoles, like the Fenton and Chesterfield stores did this morning. These are not likely to happen anymore. Series S is fair game and can be sold on shelves, which I was able to get one for a friend. Hope this helps.

I just got an in stock alert for Xbox Series X at Walmart.

Brickseek makes it look like a bunch of stores got new shipments in too.

Wonder if that "event 3" mentioned up above is going to be soon.

I just called a Walmart in the middle of nowhere. Brickseek shows they have 6+. They told me they don't have any but that 'it doesn't start until tomorrow'. Not sure exactly what that means considering it released earlier this week, but maybe she was referring to event 3.

Scratch that, event 3 goes from 25-27th

Hmm, my friend's cousin xbox serie x unit die after 1 day. I am seriiusly considering ther extended wasrrenty
That sucks... standard warranty is 1 year, which usually covers you... I've used it a few times on my launch Xbone and XboneX. No cost to me, MS swapped out for a new one very quickly. Of course this was easier when they had stores you could walk into, but I got a warranty repair on my One X a few months ago and the replacement came pretty quickly (2 weeks max).

Anyway, I don't know if it's worth getting a warranty beyond a year (assuming whatever's gonna fail will fail in that timeframe), but if the price is right there's certainly no downside.

That sucks... standard warranty is 1 year, which usually covers you... I've used it a few times on my launch Xbone and XboneX. No cost to me, MS swapped out for a new one very quickly. Of course this was easier when they had stores you could walk into, but I got a warranty repair on my One X a few months ago and the replacement came pretty quickly (2 weeks max).

Anyway, I don't know if it's worth getting a warranty beyond a year (assuming whatever's gonna fail will fail in that timeframe), but if the price is right there's certainly no downside.
This is why you use a credit card with extended warranty protection. So useful for that extra year.

I just called a Walmart in the middle of nowhere. Brickseek shows they have 6+. They told me they don't have any but that 'it doesn't start until tomorrow'. Not sure exactly what that means considering it released earlier this week, but maybe she was referring to event 3.

Scratch that, event 3 goes from 25-27th
Where you hear that event 3 is around thanksgiving?

bread's done
Back