Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Moment of truth for my allfires Best Buy order. Fingers crossed it's available for pickup today otherwise theyll just cancel it and it's back to square one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Best buy cancelled the order tonight and is claiming 48 hours to process a refund. Regretting not just trying Walmart launch day instead of this.

My Series X has turned off randomly 5-10 times so far. It has proper ventilation. All the times, except once, where I was on 2k, it happened on CoD Cold War.

Apparently someone just spent $1800 on an XSX.  I have Amazon on auto-refresh and I saw one come up for $1800.  After about 2-3 minutes, it was gone.

Lol that would be funny if a bot bought it at 1800.

Anyone notice that the nintendo switch is sold out everywhere again. At least I think it is.

I was out all around yesterday, most stores had a whole cabinets full of Switch Lites. Didn't pay attention to regular Switches though but pretty sure saw some in there.

Anyone notice that the nintendo switch is sold out everywhere again. At least I think it is.

Popfindr showed 1 XSX in stock randomly around me when I got up today so I swung by but no luck.  In hindsight I should have asked someone behind the counter but I just asked someone putting stuff on the shelves.  But I got there like 10:20am and the stores open at 8am so if they really had one I'd be shocked if it was still there.

Popfindr showed 1 XSX in stock randomly around me when I got up today so I swung by but no luck. In hindsight I should have asked someone behind the counter but I just asked someone putting stuff on the shelves. But I got there like 10:20am and the stores open at 8am so if they really had one I'd be shocked if it was still there.
Definitely ask someone at the electronics counter next time you try a target, especially if popfindr was showing 1

Sorry if this is old news: "Next-gen gaming console inventory will be available on BestBuy.com for store pickup on Sun., Nov. 22."

A lot of stores have a stock pile of the Mario Kart BF sku but it can't be sold until next week.

Sorry if this is old news: "Next-gen gaming console inventory will be available on BestBuy.com for store pickup on Sun., Nov. 22."
That's news to me and I think it's worth staying up all night for so getting some coffee now settling in for a long night of refreshing. I'm guessing it'll be a 3:00 a.m. eastern time restock?!

This while they're still processing the cancellation of my launch day order for in store pickup. Cancel my order last night then suddenly have stock tomorrow. How rich.

I was all ready to order the 75" x900h for some 120fps action, but saw a review that said the 4k 120fps actually blurred the image detail with the sony tv. Disappointing. So then I figured just get the LG CX, but according to all the nerd specs, my x900f has better hdr brightness than the oled, and better picture than the new x900h. I wonder if the oled will feel like a downgrade on hdr due to lower hdr brightness. Don't all attack me at once 🤪🤪🤪

I was all ready to order the 75" x900h for some 120fps action, but saw a review that said the 4k 120fps actually blurred the image detail with the sony tv. Disappointing. So then I figured just get the LG CX, but according to all the nerd specs, my x900f has better hdr brightness than the oled, and better picture than the new x900h. I wonder if the oled will feel like a downgrade on hdr due to lower hdr brightness. Don't all attack me at once
In the avs forums for the Sony someone posted that Sony was working on a patch for the blur.

I was all ready to order the 75" x900h for some 120fps action, but saw a review that said the 4k 120fps actually blurred the image detail with the sony tv. Disappointing. So then I figured just get the LG CX, but according to all the nerd specs, my x900f has better hdr brightness than the oled, and better picture than the new x900h. I wonder if the oled will feel like a downgrade on hdr due to lower hdr brightness. Don't all attack me at once
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT2C-ZrT4_g&feature=emb_logo

I wouldn't worry about it. These types of things get fixed in firmware updates.

I was all ready to order the 75" x900h for some 120fps action, but saw a review that said the 4k 120fps actually blurred the image detail with the sony tv. Disappointing. So then I figured just get the LG CX, but according to all the nerd specs, my x900f has better hdr brightness than the oled, and better picture than the new x900h. I wonder if the oled will feel like a downgrade on hdr due to lower hdr brightness. Don't all attack me at once 🤪🤪🤪
What your giving up in peak HDR brightness you are gaining in perfect black levels and contrast. OLED TVs have a superior picture to LCD screens, but are typically best in darker rooms, if your TV will be in a room with a lot of windows, the lower brightness levels will be more noticeable.

I can accept the fact that I can't get an Xbox Series X due to the demand, but apparently the Xbox One has been discontinued so I can't even get one of those in the mean time.  From what I've been told, it was discontinued back in July which was 4 months before the XSX was even released.  Why was it discontinued so early?  That seems like a really bad business decision on Microsoft's part.  I guess I'll be sticking with PlayStation again this generation.

I can accept the fact that I can't get an Xbox Series X due to the demand, but apparently the Xbox One has been discontinued so I can't even get one of those in the mean time. From what I've been told, it was discontinued back in July which was 4 months before the XSX was even released. Why was it discontinued so early? That seems like a really bad business decision on Microsoft's part. I guess I'll be sticking with PlayStation again this generation.
Think about what you just said.

Why would they keep factories producing xbox ones? They need to put all resources against the future.

Think about what you just said.

Why would they keep factories producing xbox ones? They need to put all resources against the future.
I would buy that argument if the new Xbox was actually available to purchase anywhere other than from scalpers charging quadruple the retail price.

From what I've been told (in this topic) even people who pre-ordered from Amazon still haven't received their systems.

I would buy that argument if the new Xbox was actually available to purchase anywhere other than from scalpers charging quadruple the retail price.

From what I've been told (in this topic) even people who pre-ordered from Amazon still haven't received their systems.
Just because their supply has mostly been bought p by scalpers doesn’t mean they didn’t put every resource against it. If they’d have kept producing x1s, then there’d be even less series x|s in the market.

I think you have to take into account how crazy 2020 has been in regards to Covid and China shutting down production on things for a while there. I'm sure the XBox One was discontinued way earlier than they planned based on what Confucius said above, they wanted to dump the remaining resources they had into producing the Series S and X instead of putting it towards more XBox Ones -- especially considering the Xbox One sold so poorly against the PS4 this era.

For what it's worth, my Amazon Series X preorder finally shipped today (I got in a minute or so after it went live in September) and will be delivered tomorrow. It's pretty clear that Microsoft is still sending regular shipments to retailers.

What your giving up in peak HDR brightness you are gaining in perfect black levels and contrast. OLED TVs have a superior picture to LCD screens, but are typically best in darker rooms, if your TV will be in a room with a lot of windows, the lower brightness levels will be more noticeable.
Ok. Well I game 95% of the time at night in the dark after everyone else is in bed. So guess I shouldn't worry about it too much. Thanks.

Target in my area showing stock on popfindr. Any recent success with them selling these? I read earlier that they had a memo out not to.

Target in my area showing stock on popfindr. Any recent success with them selling these? I read earlier that they had a memo out not to.

i just tried to get one at a nearby target yesterday morning because I saw on popfindr they had 1 in stock. got there in the morning and there were about 4 other people, they had one in stock that they sold.

Do you know if they just had it available or if someone had to request it from electronics?

i just tried to get one at a nearby target yesterday morning because I saw on popfindr they had 1 in stock. got there in the morning and there were about 4 other people, they had one in stock that they sold.
Do you know if they just had it available or if someone had to request it from electronics? Just trying to game plan If I need to head out there before they open at 7

Do you know if they just had it available or if someone had to request it from electronics? Just trying to game plan If I need to head out there before they open at 7

based on my experience i would plan to get there when it opens and then wait at the electronics counter until someone shows up to ask them to get the system from the back. That's how it went when i tried to get one yesterday.

bread's done
Back