Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
of course they go live an hour after i go to bed.... shouldn't have stayed up thinking they'd go live with everything else, dammit

Popfindr is legit. Don't give up hope guys. Local Target popped up with 64 consoles. A dozen left in you're near WA (Issaquah).

Popfindr is legit. Don't give up hope guys. Local Target popped up with 64 consoles. A dozen left in you're near WA (Issaquah).
You still will get some employees that don’t know what they’re talking about. There’s a store that has 3, I know because I just watched them get carted to the back and when I asked about them, they said they have been sold out for weeks.

Went to a Target near me that said three, store open at 8:00 when I got there a little before 7:00 the three were already promised to guys that had been there since 3:00. Check my phone for the restock and got another Best Buy in store for Saturday. Let's see if they cancel again

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The Target I went to yesterday that had 6 XSX is still showing 1 in popfindr.  Yesterday it was 0 but then later in the evening I noticed it was 1.

I fully expected it to go to 0 after 7am today but it's still showing 1.

So what are the odds that they actually still have one there?  What would be the best way to approach this in the store if I did go there and it's still showing 1, and I talk to people at the electronics desk and they just keep saying there are none?  Is it worth it to call?  This Target is like 25 minutes away too so it's not very close so I don't want to just drive up there again if there is no hope.

i know some people said there pickups for bb series x were the 28th and 29th but its weird my friend went yesterday picking up his controller and said a guy walked out with a series x so unless it was a order from before the batch from sunday cause my order still wasnt ready for pickup says its preparing for saturday

The Target I went to yesterday that had 6 XSX is still showing 1 in popfindr. Yesterday it was 0 but then later in the evening I noticed it was 1.

I fully expected it to go to 0 after 7am today but it's still showing 1.

So what are the odds that they actually still have one there? What would be the best way to approach this in the store if I did go there and it's still showing 1, and I talk to people at the electronics desk and they just keep saying there are none? Is it worth it to call? This Target is like 25 minutes away too so it's not very close so I don't want to just drive up there again if there is no hope.
Why didn't you just buy one yesterday when you were there?

What's the best way to dump x1x and ps4 pro? Tried during community yard sale, almost got $380 for both but I didn't have cashapp. About to trade in to gamestop and play the waiting game. (Trade credit is still untaxed right?

What's the best way to dump x1x and ps4 pro? Tried during community yard sale, almost got $380 for both but I didn't have cashapp. About to trade in to gamestop and play the waiting game. (Trade credit is still untaxed right?
GameStop will only give like $50, I checked recently. Why didn't you just sign up for CashApp? It's quick and easy. I sold mine on eBay about a month back and got $220 for my X1X.

GameStop will only give like $50, I checked recently. Why didn't you just sign up for CashApp? It's quick and easy. I sold mine on eBay about a month back and got $220 for my X1X.
I thought it would take a while and have to verify stuff or whatever.

The Xbox one X and PS4 Pro are both $175 store credit right now for gamestop. And I'm assuming you don't pay tax on the amount you use store credit on like before, so I'd have $350 towards the $500 plus only taxing the remainder (almost $30 worth of tax for me) thinking I'll play the long game and wait on gamestop for a regular in and out of a brick and mortar. I have PLENTY of backlog. Just wondering in $175 is the best to not have to deal with people/haggling.

They had a trade in offer giving $200 for PS4 Pro and XB1X towards the purchase of PS5 or X|S. But the tough part is obviously finding them in stock to get the bonus. I'm sure they'll bring that offer back.
Ugh I know, that's what got me really thinking about it, originally. I wanted to trade my x1x/ps4p/ns for series x and wait for drops on ps5 and maybe switch pro if that's really a thing. Might take my chances waiting for another trade deal with decent stock.

I thought it would take a while and have to verify stuff or whatever.

The Xbox one X and PS4 Pro are both $175 store credit right now for gamestop. And I'm assuming you don't pay tax on the amount you use store credit on like before, so I'd have $350 towards the $500 plus only taxing the remainder (almost $30 worth of tax for me) thinking I'll play the long game and wait on gamestop for a regular in and out of a brick and mortar. I have PLENTY of backlog. Just wondering in $175 is the best to not have to deal with people/haggling.
They had a trade in offer giving $200 for PS4 Pro and XB1X towards the purchase of PS5 or X|S. But the tough part is obviously finding them in stock to get the bonus. I'm sure they'll bring that offer back.

Walmart.com says:

"Due to very high demand, this Black Friday online deal now available at 9:00 PM ET on Wed, Nov 25."

Does that mean that they are guaranteed to have some on Wednesday (while supplies last)?

What’s the best/fastest way to get notified of XSX back in stock on Microsoft store so I can at least attempt to get one before they sell out again in 5 minutes? I’m following and receiving push notifications from wario64, digital foundry deals, cheapassgamer, Xbox, & Microsoft store on Twitter. I’m checking the sale page as often as I can but is there anybody else I should be following on Twitter that might post first about XSX back in stock on Microsoft store?

4 XSX popped up on popfindr tonight at a target like 25 mins away at like 8:30 so I hopped in my car.  I got there and I saw like 5-6 people or more that I could tell were wondering.  No one was at the desk so I rang the bell and then like 2 other people got behind me.  One guy came up and I was like it shows on the inventory that you all got 4 XSX?  And he was like we may they may be in tonight or tomorrow it's not definite.  It was definitely somewhat shady how he was answering.  Then another guy walked up who seemed more in the know and was just like 'we are not going to be selling those tonight we will get them off the truck after we close the store and they will be for sale tomorrow.'  I asked if they were doing tickets and he said he doesn't know because he won't be there.

Then when I left the 2 people behind me were like 'yeah I was wondering the same thing too'

So I'm done with Target B&M at this point I'm just going to wait until I get lucky with one online or order online with in store pickup.  Or if a Target within like 15 minutes of me gets 20+ on popfindr.

I'm going to be heated if I see the gone from popfindr tonight lol.

What’s the best/fastest way to get notified of XSX back in stock on Microsoft store so I can at least attempt to get one before they sell out again in 5 minutes? I’m following and receiving push notifications from wario64, digital foundry deals, cheapassgamer, Xbox, & Microsoft store on Twitter. I’m checking the sale page as often as I can but is there anybody else I should be following on Twitter that might post first about XSX back in stock on Microsoft store?
I open all the product pages to fresh if I got some information about the restock. That's how I get a XSX from bestbuy that morning. Act like a bot and you will highly get what u want! Good luck!

If you know that a specific site is going to have stock on a specific day, make sure that you have an account setup with your address and preferably your payment info saved as well. That way if you do see the add to cart button pop up, you can try to speed through the checkout.

It's the worst when you have it in your cart, put all your info in, and then get the out of stock notice after you click confirm order.

Edit: nowinstock.net is also good to see when they were last available and where so you can get a feel for how long they show up on sites and maybe see some stores you forgot about.

Anyone have an Xbox Series X in their cart on Microsoft.com and it keeps giving you an error that "there was an issue with your payment method"?

I know it is probably because it is out of stock but I just wanted to ask. 

Anyone have an Xbox Series X in their cart on Microsoft.com and it keeps giving you an error that "there was an issue with your payment method"?

I know it is probably because it is out of stock but I just wanted to ask.
I've been in the same situation for over a week. I remember seeing someone post on here that the easiest way to determine whether or not it is in stock is by whether tax gets applied during checkout. If it doesn't, that means OOS and the purchase won't go through.

I've been in the same situation for over a week. I remember seeing someone post on here that the easiest way to determine whether or not it is in stock is by whether tax gets applied during checkout. If it doesn't, that means OOS and the purchase won't go through.
So having one in your cart doesn't really matter?

I had a different error with the s in my cart. But yes just recently it refreshed with tax and then the order went through. I went and argued with support about my order not being fulfilled before all my credit expired this weekend.

I had a different error with the s in my cart. But yes just recently it refreshed with tax and then the order went through. I went and argued with support about my order not being fulfilled before all my credit expired this weekend.
Did you just keep it in the cart until it applied taxes?

Kind of salty because that Target that said they werent' selling any of the 4 XSX until this morning, at 4 left at 10:50pm last night, and at 11:05pm they had 2 left.  So they clearly sold 2 and dude flat out lied to me.  I'm guessing 2 employees got them or their friends.  I knew that one dude was being shady.

Then I refreshed at like 2am when I got up to feed my son and it now says 1 so no clue when that other one sold.

There's one about 15mins from me that had 4 in stock last night and 5 when I checked at 2am, but fuck that, no chance I'm messing with that this morning.  I'm sure they are already claimed by people who camped out.

Anyone know how often the official microsoft store recharges your card while waiting on shipping?

The initial charge just dropped off and I wanna know how long I should expect to have to keep that extra 300 in the account?

Looks like a target near me has 4 in stock. It's the only target around and it's a 20 minute drive. Worth taking the chance?
I have done this twice now with no luck and last night when I did it the employees flat out lied to me.

But, I would have had the "what if" feeling if I had never driven 25 minutes each way to at least confirm I didn't get one.

Also, popfindr is pretty mainstream now so the fact you hesitated probably means they are claimed already. There were at least 5-6 other people in the store when I went last night after the first time I saw it update stock on popfindr.

I was able to get one! The guy told me a couple times they didn't have any but eventually said he would check in the back. Brought out two boxes with two each. I got one and another gentleman got one for his adult son.

I was able to get one! The guy told me a couple times they didn't have any but eventually said he would check in the back. Brought out two boxes with two each. I got one and another gentleman got one for his adult son.
Good for you man! Wish the employees around here were that helpful.

Microsoft re-authorized my partial payment for a Series X I preordered on launch day. It would be nice if they provided an update, even just confirming the Dec 23 ship date ... but the page has zero info. Seems kind of ridiculous that other retailers are clearly receiving additional stock but MS can’t even manage their own store supply and keep direct customers informed.

I have done this twice now with no luck and last night when I did it the employees flat out lied to me.

But, I would have had the "what if" feeling if I had never driven 25 minutes each way to at least confirm I didn't get one.

Also, popfindr is pretty mainstream now so the fact you hesitated probably means they are claimed already. There were at least 5-6 other people in the store when I went last night after the first time I saw it update stock on popfindr.
You're getting hit with FOMO hard and stressing about it TBH. When you do finally get one, it will be pure dumb luck most likely by being in the right place, right time.

Microsoft re-authorized my partial payment for a Series X I preordered on launch day. It would be nice if they provided an update, even just confirming the Dec 23 ship date ... but the page has zero info. Seems kind of ridiculous that other retailers are clearly receiving additional stock but MS can’t even manage their own store supply and keep direct customers informed.
Well, as you said it is a pre-order and the release date is 12/23. That's how I've always treated it.

You're getting hit with FOMO hard and stressing about it TBH. When you do finally get one, it will be pure dumb luck most likely by being in the right place, right time.
Yah to be honest I think I want one more for the hunt than the actual end result at this point lol. The satisfaction of getting one will be more exciting than playing Xbox One games on XSX lol.

I did just get 3 games from BB that I haven't played and I'm not opening them until I can play em on XSX, even though I could play them right now on my X1X if I wanted to. But I wasn't in a rush to play any of them on X1 so I can wait till I get an XSX to open and play em.

I got my PS5 already hooked up and hardly playing it since there isn't much on it. And having a 3 month old isn't helping me with free time to game either.

Kind of salty because that Target that said they werent' selling any of the 4 XSX until this morning, at 4 left at 10:50pm last night, and at 11:05pm they had 2 left. So they clearly sold 2 and dude flat out lied to me. I'm guessing 2 employees got them or their friends. I knew that one dude was being shady.

Then I refreshed at like 2am when I got up to feed my son and it now says 1 so no clue when that other one sold.

There's one about 15mins from me that had 4 in stock last night and 5 when I checked at 2am, but fuck that, no chance I'm messing with that this morning. I'm sure they are already claimed by people who camped out.
More than one employee can control the inventory at Target. That has always been the problem.

That guy wasn't lying to you; someone else simply sold them.

bread's done
Back