Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Figures I missed the Best Buy sale because I went to Kohls to spend the free Kohls Cash I got for my cancelled PS5. Oh well, better luck next time.
don’t worry about missing Best Buy, they’re not even fulfilling orders that were completed. Almost wish they would just cancel right away instead of holding funds for a week. I will just wait until widely available, even when you have an in store arrival date you are not guaranteed which is crazy to me as why take more orders until you fill ones completed.

If you have an online order from walmart from 11/25 for in store pickup Just got back from my local store for the same order date.

Today is the last day to fulfill the online orders they have for the stock they got in either today or yesterday. I showed the woman my order, still could not fulfill it untill it says it was ready to go....

I am guess my particular store may not "release" them for pickup until after they close but we'll see.

If you have an online order from walmart from 11/25 for in store pickup Just got back from my local store for the same order date.

Today is the last day to fulfill the online orders they have for the stock they got in either today or yesterday. I showed the woman my order, still could not fulfill it untill it says it was ready to go....

I am guess my particular store may not "release" them for pickup until after they close but we'll see.
My 11/25 Walmart order said it won't be ready for 3-7 days for pickup, saying it would be ready by December 2nd.

FYI... Best buy app now stating the following for my delayed XBSX:

"If we can't get it to the store by Fri, December 25, we'll let you know and cancel the order."

Better news then cancelling on Dec 4th. Hope others get lucky and get theirs sooner.

My 11/25 Walmart order said it won't be ready for 3-7 days for pickup, saying it would be ready by December 2nd.
The vendor and employee whom I think was at least a lead of some sort said the orders they are fulfilling will say dec 2 or 3...

Again that was my store where I guess they were kind enough to at least let me know they were there, just hadn't been processed yet.

Just got my delay email from Best Buy. After my 11/10 order for 11/13 pickup was delayed to 11/20 then cancelled. Now 11/22 order for 11/28 delayed to 12/5. Meanwhile they're still taking orders lol

Just got my delay email from Best Buy. After my 11/10 order for 11/13 pickup was delayed to 11/20 then cancelled. Now 11/22 order for 11/28 delayed to 12/5. Meanwhile they're still talking orders lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah taking more orders didn’t make a lot of sense. Fill your prior commitments first. It’s a strange practice. Personally think bb isn’t tracking older orders. This gens console launch is as bad as the ps2’s launch.

Damn yo missed again 😳😂. You know what, I'm actually a little glad that these game consoles are so hard to come by. I grew up in an era where you were shat upon for being a gamer and you are associated with being a big smelly dumb head 🙄

Now pretty much everyone in the world plays games. gaming has expanded significantly, now people want what we have been getting for generations. It's good for the industry and it's proving that the world is not ready to give up on consoles. You just can't replace that experience so the whole thing is a blessing in disguise. we gamers will ultimately reap the benefits because the more consumers there are in the market the more budget the games will get. more and more companies will enter the market and try to one-up another. We are basically in the Golden era of gaming regardless of how frustrating the launch is. So I'll just keep on keeping on with what I have until I'm able to get one and let this whole thing play out.

I do not get why my local store wouldn't fulfill mine today I can prove I bought it.

I work retail, and have an understanding how the process should work....

Damn yo missed again [emoji15][emoji23]. You know what, I'm actually a little glad that these game consoles are so hard to come by. I grew up in an era where you were shat upon for being a gamer and you are associated with being a big smelly dumb head [emoji849]

Now pretty much everyone in the world plays games. gaming has expanded significantly, now people want what we have been getting for generations. It's good for the industry and it's proving that the world is not ready to give up on consoles. You just can't replace that experience so the whole thing is a blessing in disguise. we gamers will ultimately reap the benefits because the more consumers there are in the market the more budget the games will get. more and more companies will enter the market and try to one-up another. We are basically in the Golden era of gaming regardless of how frustrating the launch is. So I'll just keep on keeping on with what I have until I'm able to get one and let this whole thing play out.
The problem is that a lot of people getting these systems are just trying to resell it for more money.

The problem is that a lot of people getting these systems are just trying to resell it for more money.

True, and that is a shitty situation. I have had my issues with resellers and expressed that in the past. But the fact that weeks after launch people are still able to hawk them for double and triple the price just shows how desperate people are to jump into the next generation. It looks good for the future of this generation and the gaming sector as a whole.

There has been some worry that consoles might one day go away, and that may still be true. But it's looking more likely that consoles aren't going anywhere.

ATTENTION to Walmart Xbox orderers!!!

IF you recently ordered one and it has been a few days with no real change to status or update, call your pick-up location!

My son was supposed to pick up by 12/1 and it was already there waiting on him.

He called to get an update and they said it was there.  They also told him that once the order has reached fulfillment, you only have 7 days to claim it before it gets canceled!  

NICE since their system doesn't always tell you when it is ready for fulfillment.

True, and that is a shitty situation. I have had my issues with resellers and expressed that in the past. But the fact that weeks after launch people are still able to hawk them for double and triple the price just shows how desperate people are to jump into the next generation. It looks good for the future of this generation and the gaming sector as a whole.

There has been some worry that consoles might one day go away, and that may still be true. But it's looking more likely that consoles aren't going anywhere.
They’re not going anywhere. There are lots of people who don’t want to bothered about PC gaming.

They’re not going anywhere. There are lots of people who don’t want to bothered about PC gaming.
Correct. I would never pc game. Too many issues with drivers and compatibility. I like the convenience of a console. Ultimately, I do see consoles going the way of dodo...as games move to the cloud and become more focused on gaming being a service. Microsoft is wisely investing in game pass now....Sony should figure something out as well. Ps now is a total joke.

So, I went today to pick up the series X that they wouldn’t give to my friend yesterday since their system hadn’t updated the pick up person. They were having issues processing the order today too because I had designated a pick up person but eventually just had me sign some form and gave me the Xbox. Fast forward a few hours and I get an email from Best Buy saying they couldn’t process my pick up order and it’s now canceled. Soooo free Xbox?! going to wait and see if the refund actually processes

Correct. I would never pc game. Too many issues with drivers and compatibility. I like the convenience of a console. Ultimately, I do see consoles going the way of dodo...as games move to the cloud and become more focused on gaming being a service. Microsoft is wisely investing in game pass now....Sony should figure something out as well. Ps now is a total joke.
But is it gonna go full cloud? I have stadia. It kinda sucks. It’s ahead of its time because our internet/wifi is too inconsistent. I could see a world where most of the game is streaming but maybe a lot of the heavy lifting is done at the local level. And maybe the console is so small it fits into the controller. But at some level there is a “console”. 🤷‍♂️

But that may be 2 to 3 generations down the road.

But is it gonna go full cloud? I have stadia. It kinda sucks. It’s ahead of its time because our internet/wifi is too inconsistent. I could see a world where most of the game is streaming but maybe a lot of the heavy lifting is done at the local level. And maybe the console is so small it fits into the controller. But at some level there is a “console”. 🤷‍♂️

But that may be 2 to 3 generations down the road.
Agree it’s still 5-10 years away before going mainstream. Honestly does not fully match a console experience yet but it’s getting damn close. Microsoft doesn’t think Sony will be a big competitor in the streaming wars. I think they’ll focus on consoles solely.

FYI you can game pass on smart TVs soon with no stick and eventually with an Xbox chromcast kind of thing.

I got my Xbox series X Nov 10 at Best Buy

400196_mancave.jpg

Leonard,

Thank you for posting this. I walked into Walmart today based on your post and walked out five minutes later with a Series X in hand. This was in Northlake, IL for anyone interested. I saw someone purchasing a PS5 as I was walking up to the counter. Looks like either there is stock in store that’s not on shelves yet or surplus stock from online pickup orders.

Walmart is selling these in store now. YMMV but there is a lot of chatter of success since these are leftover stock after online orders have been fulfilled. Good luck.

Use brickseek

Leonard,

Thank you for posting this. I walked into Walmart today based on your post and walked out five minutes later with a Series X in hand. This was in Northlake, IL for anyone interested. I saw someone purchasing a PS5 as I was walking up to the counter. Looks like either there is stock in store that’s not on shelves yet or surplus stock from online pickup orders.
You're welcome bud glad to help. Ironically I struck out. My area is all claimed for with exception to online orders.

Just saw people walking out of Best Buy with a PS5 and Series X ... probably ordered online but they’re out there in the wild ...

Huge YMMV for Brickseek...my area shows a bunch of Wal-mart's with stock. I picked the one on American Blvd (Bloomington MN) - no stock. Always worth a shot - but manage your expectations for sure.

I just picked my series X from black friday at Walmart this afternoon. it was an impulse buy (already have the PS5) theres just no exclusive games upcoming that makes me want to keep it so might sell it to a friend of a friend.

Walmart had mine without ever sending an email. If you're hanging from 11/25 call main store line go to pickups and give them your order number. It may be all set to go.[attachment=35006:received_577009613122517.jpeg]
This is how I got it home! Lol

Walmart had mine without ever sending an email. If you're hanging from 11/25 call main store line go to pickups and give them your order number. It may be all set to go.
What did your status on your order history show? Did it still show "preparing order" or had it changed to something else, even though you did not get email?

What did your status on your order history show? Did it still show "preparing order" or had it changed to something else, even though you did not get email?
It was at 50% whatever that status was, the tag on the box has them set to notify me tomorrow.

I think they are notifying in alphabetical order, even though most if not all are ready to go!

Hmm okay maybe I'll give mine a call tomorrow and see if I can come grab it.  My last name starts with S so sounds like I'm at the end of the list lol.

My progress on the order status is as the 50% mark too.  I remember before it was at like 25% but I think the wording "Preparing order" was the same both times.

Hmm okay maybe I'll give mine a call tomorrow and see if I can come grab it. My last name starts with S so sounds like I'm at the end of the list lol.

My progress on the order status is as the 50% mark too. I remember before it was at like 25% but I think the wording "Preparing order" was the same both times.
They are sending notifications based on alphabet, I'm willing to bet yours is done. Your situation is exactly like mine, I can even see on walmarts tag I was set to be notified at 630 am tomorrow.

They are sending notifications based on alphabet, I'm willing to bet yours is done. Your situation is exactly like mine, I can even see on walmarts tag I was set to be notified at 630 am tomorrow.
When you say by alphabet are you saying alphabetically by last name?

If so I'm towards the end of that list since mine starts with S.

When you say by alphabet are you saying alphabetically by last name?

If so I'm towards the end of that list since mine starts with S.
I must not be explaining it good enough.

I think all their online orders are good to go.

Even if you didn't get an email, it's probably good to go.

I didn't get an email today, I called the store number and the pickup option and they said my order was good to go.

They have all of them good and ready to be picked up, but only releasing email releases in batches.

I must not be explaining it good enough.

I think all their online orders are good to go.

Even if you didn't get an email, it's probably good to go.

I didn't get an email today, I called the store number and the pickup option and they said my order was good to go.

They have all of them good and ready to be picked up, but only releasing email releases in batches.
No I get what you are saying, I just mean if I do call and they say it's not ready yet I'll have to wait towards the end of the line, which isn't a big deal either way. It's just 2 extra days at this point. I'll call in the morning and see what they say.

No I get what you are saying, I just mean if I do call and they say it's not ready yet I'll have to wait towards the end of the line, which isn't a big deal either way. It's just 2 extra days at this point. I'll call in the morning and see what they say.
If you legitimately placed an order on 11/25, the order is ready for you to pickup. I have no other clue how to express this to you.

bread's done
Back