Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
That was the quote I was responding to. What part of that is fact?

PS4 sales outnumber Xbox sales because Microsoft products aren't marketed overseas to the extent that Playstation is. They're not THAT far apart in the US, and if you're going to point to it being Microsoft having stale IP's, we can have a conversation about the cornerstones of Sony franchises being Uncharted, The Last Of Us, and God Of War and how PUBG sold twice as many copies on Xbox as Last Of Us II did on PS4.
I am not trying to make this a Sony vs. Xbox thing. The only real issue I have is that you are choosing selective data and your data analysis are very questionable. You are trying to distort data by being selective or leaving certain data out.

Why are you just comparing U.S. sales number when all three systems are sold worldwide? The person you quoted never mention U.S sales number. How do you know how much each companies are spending on marketing for each regional market? Also is it really an accurate data analysis or representation to compare a game sales that was just released a few months ago to a game that has been out there for years? Also why are you even comparing these two games?

That was the quote I was responding to. What part of that is fact?

PS4 sales outnumber Xbox sales because Microsoft products aren't marketed overseas to the extent that Playstation is. They're not THAT far apart in the US, and if you're going to point to it being Microsoft having stale IP's, we can have a conversation about the cornerstones of Sony franchises being Uncharted, The Last Of Us, and God Of War and how PUBG sold twice as many copies on Xbox as Last Of Us II did on PS4.
Don't tell the haters that. They're convinced that the Xbox is an obscure brand and the new console is equivalent to the 3DO even though it is selling out and they can't even keep it in stock for more than a minute. They also claim that the Xbox has no games when their top franchises sell millions of copies every single time. I've been hearing this since the original Xbox when haters (who never played it and fine missing out on high quality exclusives and playing low res, far inferior versions of third party games on their PS2) were saying that it sucked and would be the next DC. They also said that the Blu Ray drive on the PS3 would end the 360. Here we are, two decades later and MS is still in the console business and popular with some of the best first party series.

I am not trying to make this a Sony vs. Xbox thing. The only real issue I have is that you are choosing selective data and your data analysis are very questionable. You are trying to distort data by being selective or leaving certain data out.

Why are you just comparing U.S. sales number when all three systems are sold worldwide? The person you quoted never mention U.S sales number. How do you know how much each companies are spending on marketing for each regional market? Also is it really an accurate data analysis or representation to compare a game sales that was just released a few months ago to a game that has been out there for years? Also why are you even comparing these two games?
PUBG outsold the first Last Of Us too. Hell, for that matter PUBG on Xbox outsold every Sony published PS3 game that isn't Gran Turismo 5.

You need to try harder, there's a reason PS4 sales vastly outnumber Xbox's so let's not kid ourselves. Microsoft knew they couldn't keep relying on the same 3 franchises for the Series X/S,
If that's what you're agreeing with, I'm interested in hearing just what that reason is.

xbox series x got most everything right:   tons of backwards compat games Day 1 !      NVME SSD upgrade option: Day 1.    Killer boot screen!    run/install games on external drive for old games and store new games, day 1!       totally awesome. 

just waiting for more backwards compat features beyond auto-HDR and DolbyAtmos upmixing; we would like automatic resolution multipliers x2,x3,x4,x8 next please!        then 30,60,120fps options as well.   

lastly, we need all disc support for Xbox OG, and 360 titles, and also all XBLA x360 titles.  

Well after going back and checking, Microsoft has stopped reporting their sales numbers for Xbox One since 2015. So that ends that discussion.

3rd party publishers like EA put the estimate at 46.9mil XB1 consoles sold, but so what? There is no concrete sales data.
So what if they outsell them 2, 3 or 4 times? Do we make money out of this competition? do we gain anything but bragging rights and fuel for the "console wars"? If anything thanks to this disparity we have Game Pass, Backwards compatibility and a pretty powerful system for less than the price of a new PC GPU. I say take advantage of the "underdog" (LOL) and enjoy the benefits, even PS5 owners can enjoy the benefits as Sony themselves have said that they had a higher price for the system and the games ready for this gen but initiatives like smart delivery and enhancements on old games did not let them go that high... yet. Competition is good to keep the companies in check, competition is good to make them do their best on games and systems. We are the real winners, console warriors are just whiners.

Sitting in the Best Buy curbside spots and watching other people pick up their Series X consoles ... still wondering why Microsoft treats the people who ordered from their store as second class citizens now that the Xbox consoles seem way more prevalent.

Sitting in the Best Buy curbside spots and watching other people pick up their Series X consoles ... still wondering why Microsoft treats the people who ordered from their store as second class citizens now that the Xbox consoles seem way more prevalent.
Maybe because most of the people buying from them (MS Store) are paying with Rewards money and discounted credit... I guess we are second class citizens LOL

Best Buy is a multi billion dollar customer to Microsoft that buys in bulk...that’s why. You bought 1 thing and expect the same treatment. Not going to happen at any company. You take care of blue chip customers first.

My Best Buy order that was supposed to arrive on the 2nd arrived today so I went and picked it up.  I chatted with the dude and he said they were all delayed until today and came in on palettes.  This was inside my BB lol.

WShYHMQ.jpg

PUBG outsold the first Last Of Us too. Hell, for that matter PUBG on Xbox outsold every Sony published PS3 game that isn't Gran Turismo 5.

If that's what you're agreeing with, I'm interested in hearing just what that reason is.
How many copies of PUBG were sold on xbox? I couldn't find a definitive number.

Also you categorized PS4 best sellers Uncharted 4 & Spiderman as free. I'm guessing you mean in a bundle correct?

Yes it is. Had a series X in my cart, but it wouldn't recognize my Paypal payment. Tried adding Paypal again and it just kept spinning....only to then be out of stock.
I thought I was the only one with this issue. I'll probably call microsoft tomorrow, to see what's going on with trying to pay with paypal.

Dude...you're legit one of the worst posters ever. You can't even debate blueweltall. Your argument is all over the place.

My Best Buy order that was supposed to arrive on the 2nd arrived today so I went and picked it up. I chatted with the dude and he said they were all delayed until today and came in on palettes. This was inside my BB lol.

WShYHMQ.jpg
When I picked up mine their was a room with easily 50-60 of those and ps5s probably 50 disks and 20 digitals. Said same thing the whole lot was delayed a day.

The series s intrigues me as a streaming device and retro machine. Haven’t seen those ever.

Best Buy is a multi billion dollar customer to Microsoft that buys in bulk...that’s why. You bought 1 thing and expect the same treatment. Not going to happen at any company. You take care of blue chip customers first.
And yet you want every customer to believe they matter ... the reality is that Best Buy is a much larger customer, but each of us that ordered from the Microsoft Store will remember how damn long it took them to fulfill orders for their own internal store. So while you're right in some regards, you're wrong from the perspective of a company wanting to build brand and customer loyalty. I don't expect the same treatment as Best Buy, but I expect a high quality experience, as any customer who pays hard earned money should.

Anyone know if Walmart is putting Series X's on the floor? A few showed up at one of mine and it's the only store that did this afternoon according to brickseek.

I got to a checkout screen on the MA site and it’s erroring when putting in my credit info. I’m assuming it’s because they’re out of stock but it has an order number. Is it worth trying to call customer support?

Anyone know if Walmart is putting Series X's on the floor? A few showed up at one of mine and it's the only store that did this afternoon according to popfindr.
I am assuming they are, because there is a price tag and empty slot for it from the Walmart I went to.

Anyone know if Walmart is putting Series X's on the floor? A few showed up at one of mine and it's the only store that did this afternoon according to popfindr.
Sounds like Walmart is leaving it up to the store manger to decide. So yes you may be able to get an box or ps5 in the wild.

Don't tell the haters that. They're convinced that the Xbox is an obscure brand and the new console is equivalent to the 3DO even though it is selling out and they can't even keep it in stock for more than a minute. They also claim that the Xbox has no games when their top franchises sell millions of copies every single time. I've been hearing this since the original Xbox when haters (who never played it and fine missing out on high quality exclusives and playing low res, far inferior versions of third party games on their PS2) were saying that it sucked and would be the next DC. They also said that the Blu Ray drive on the PS3 would end the 360. Here we are, two decades later and MS is still in the console business and popular with some of the best first party series.
You could at least try to make it less obvious that your JJSP's alt. Your DM's are still quoted on my side and they were reported for harassment before you could delete them. Your "good friend" JJSP hasn't been online since his last post (5:59 est) which was an hour before I called him out. So how did he message your newly created account to tell you to stand up for him? You're literally the WORST troll ever. I'm posting this here so everyone can have a heads up in case you chose to harass them for calling out your main accounts multiple dumb comments. :shame:

You're fully blocked btw. :wave:

It’s the only site worse than GameStop’s. Am I missing something or can you not filter by platform on GameStop?
You're asking in the wrong thread. There's a dedicated GS thread to ask questions about them. Personally I haven't had any problems with the MS store so... It's also interesting to learn today that PUBG on the Xbox One outsold many of the PS4 exclusives.

FWIW the Microsoft Store tells you right there in the main screen to not expect your system until the end of December, some orders even list a date of 01/05/21 so it is either wait for it or just keep looking and cancel when you get it from another site.

FWIW the Microsoft Store tells you right there in the main screen to not expect your system until the end of December, some orders even list a date of 01/05/21 so it is either wait for it or just keep looking and cancel when you get it from another site.
True, although at the time many of us preordered on launch day, or the night before, the expectation was that consoles would be so rare until January that you really needed to lock it in and December 23 seemed reasonable. Since then, practically every 3 days there’s a new retailer releasing additional stock for the Series X and S. If this was a PS5 scenario, I’d have no problem with the extended wait time. But having credit locked up and knowing my only option was the MS Store and their long wait time is a bit annoying given how commonplace these are becoming.

I thought I was the only one with this issue. I'll probably call microsoft tomorrow, to see what's going on with trying to pay with paypal.
So I called Microsoft with no luck, but messaged Paypal and figured out that certain forms of payment only work with Microsoft. Bank Transfers will not work, but Credit/Debit cards and Paypal Balance will.

So I called Microsoft with no luck, but messaged Paypal and figured out that certain forms of payment only work with Microsoft. Bank Transfers will not work, but Credit/Debit cards and Paypal Balance will.
That’s not correct. Bank transfer definitely works; in fact I find that it will sometimes take from the bank account even when credit card is set as default.

So is this the official thread to check for in stock Series X consoles or should I stick with the main Xbox deals thread? I sold my Cyberpunk One X console so now just have my gaming laptop to play game pass games on until I can buy a Series X.

can anyone attest to the accuracy of current brickseek stock numbers? It's showing a walmart nearby having 6+ units but i know those numbers weren't exactly accurate when they were doing their black friday sales.

can anyone attest to the accuracy of current brickseek stock numbers? It's showing a walmart nearby having 6+ units but i know those numbers weren't exactly accurate when they were doing their black friday sales.
They’re for “online only”

YMMV but many Walmart’s are selling them outright now, or whatever they had left

That’s not correct. Bank transfer definitely works; in fact I find that it will sometimes take from the bank account even when credit card is set as default.
I was told that cause of authorization, everything but bank account works. It might just be my case, but idk.

It’s the only site worse than GameStop’s. Am I missing something or can you not filter by platform on GameStop?
I can’t find a filter feature on GameStop when using my iPad. The site is awful. Constant pull down screens getting in the way, etc.

I followed this video and scored one last week

https://youtu.be/JX6By-oZqN8

Basically get it in your cart (I'd suggest using a link to the Xbox.Com cart checkout (vs Microsoft store) as you won't be logged out every 30min or so(well maybe not) ) and then use an auto-clicker to hammer the 'place order' button repeatedly. I added mine to my cart last week Sunday late after noon and by about 12 hours later the order went through. Some people take a shorter time period for the order to place, others longer.

My series x is set to be delivered 1/5 others who ordered after have 12/23. So, yeah not sure how Microsoft comes by those dates.

Basically get it in your cart (I'd suggest using a link to the Xbox.Com cart checkout (vs Microsoft store) as you won't be logged out every 30min or so(well maybe not) ) and then use an auto-clicker to hammer the 'place order' button repeatedly. I added mine to my cart last week Sunday late after noon and by about 12 hours later the order went through. Some people take a shorter time period for the order to place, others longer.

My series x is set to be delivered 1/5 others who ordered after have 12/23. So, yeah not sure how Microsoft comes by those dates.
Just to add on to this - here is a link to the xbox.com checkout: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/checkout

What’s an auto clicker? Can you use on iPhone?

What’s an auto clicker? Can you use on iPhone?
An auto-clicker is an app (phone or pc or Mac even) that can be installed on a pc/device that simulates a user clicking (or touching) over and over and over (at some set interval) at a location on the screen, so the user doesn't have to sit there and do it manually 24/7.

Im sure there are auto clicker apps (can you get to them without jailbreaking your device? Dunno). Also, ios (my iPad, your iPhone) has in Settings->accessibility a setting called "switch control" where you can create a recipe for repetitive screen presses. I don't really know much about it, but I would think you could use it much the same as you'd use an auto clicker app.

Lol, reminds me of the early days of MMO's and running scripts for crafting using ACTool (Asheron's Call heh) and autoIT. Never head it called an 'auto clicker' though lol.

Lol, reminds me of the early days of MMO's and running scripts for crafting using ACTool (Asheron's Call heh) and autoIT. Never head it called an 'auto clicker' though lol.
Ahhh the good ol days of running macros to make potions and arrowheads lol

For me it was using one to AFK in Alterac Valley in WoW when it would take forever to get in and a single battle would last days because the NPCs were so overpowered.

For me it was using one to AFK in Alterac Valley in WoW when it would take forever to get in and a single battle would last days because the NPCs were so overpowered.
Oh, they would nail you for that in WoW because of Warden; happened to a few PK'ers I played with. I used the age old tactic of leaving group, killing myself, then running into the wall as a ghost in the harpy cave with a pen cap stuck in the keyboard on 'W'. Never got reported since nobody was ever in there to see me, and the honor just flowed in all night long lol. Doesn't work in WoW classic because they improved the AFK detection of having one key held down heh.

We had one guy so creative he used an oscillating fan with a pen stuck in the grill to tap his space bar. The honor grind was hardcore back then.

bread's done
Back