Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried asking my local walmart if they had any X's the other day and they looked at me like i had two heads and said you could only get it online; so good luck to anyone else trying that, seems very hit or miss

Tried asking my local walmart if they had any X's the other day and they looked at me like i had two heads and said you could only get it online; so good luck to anyone else trying that, seems very hit or miss
Late last evening a store close to me in Roanoke Rapids NC was showing 6+ XSX consoles in Brickseek. I decided to head over this morning and I got there at 6:15 after the doors opened at 6. At that time there were already 20+ people in line in electronics. I couldn't believe it. I spoke to a woman in front me and apparently the word was that the PS5 was going to be in stock and everyone was lined up for that. Check Brickseek and sure enough it was showing 6+ PS5.

I found only a couple of people I spoke to wanted to the XSX and supposedly they had 20+ PS5's and 10+ XSX's. Rumor was that they were checking everyone out at 7am and going through the line.I figure I'm already there might was well wait.

7am comes and goes. Then 7:15am. Eventually someone from Walmart comes out and says that the truck didn't arrive yet and they would take everyone's names and call them when the truck got there for pickup. Surprisingly most people stayed pretty calm and everyone starts writing their names down. I thought for sure there was going to be a bunch of expletives flying around but nope, people were pretty chill.

I get to the desk and I tell the staff there I was only wanting an XSX not a PS5 and they looked at me surprised. Low and behold the guy behind the register says "I got two right here my manager said to bring them out for a couple customers". I got the second of those two consoles and several people behind me started buying them up as well after he went to get another box of 2. Not sure how many they had but I saw at least 4 and they definitely sold them in-person at the store.

So long story short, I got the XSX as a gift for my son for XMAS by just showing up at Walmart at open based on what I saw on Brickseek.

Also do not under-estimate the demand for the PS5 or the XSX. Prior to the announcement about the truck not showing there were probably 20+ people in front of me and probably 30+ people behind me in line. And this was based on nothing more than Brickseek data and word of mouth for a delivery that hadn't even arrived yet. That is crazy to me the demand for these things.

As a side note I had planed on waiting at Gamestop on Thanksgiving night/Black Friday. I went out at 10pm and the 3 different Gamestops around the 20miles of my house already had at least 25+ people lines up for the PSX/XSX and most stores had less than 10 total. Was turned away then but not today.

If you've made it this far thanks for reading about my experience. A little sad the search is over since it was like a challenge. But at least XMAS is going to definitely be baller status this year.

So I just tried to look at series X on brickseek for Walmart and it says the retailer has asked to disable searches for it.... anyone else getting this?

Walmart had them remove it, same with the ps5
Yeah, they had big bold print couple days back to stop taking it out on the employee if they showed stock but claimed they had none. Guessing that was a too late warning message since it got taken down a few days later. Probably getting a lot of heat from lawyers over this.

This is going to make things super interesting so now it is going to be interesting you pick a random Walmart and pray no one else is there lol and they have them

Yeah, they had big bold print couple days back to stop taking it out on the employee if they showed stock but claimed they had none. Guessing that was a too late warning message since it got taken down a few days later. Probably getting a lot of heat from lawyers over this.
So they're supposed to be online only, yet online is down?

I got a surprising email last night my Xbox Series X shipped from Microsoft. Should arrive by Friday.

I placed my order on Nov 10 @ 9:23PM PST. Hopefully others around that time will get shipped emails as well.

XSX up on Amazon

EDIT: ...and OOS, well it lasted almost 10 min.  HotStock app worked pretty well there.

Just stopped by my local Walmart and saw three of the S models. Was so tempted to pick one up but really wanting the X. Decisions decisions.

My order from 11/10 via Microsoft has finally shipped and should arrive by Friday. Finally.
I got a surprising email last night my Xbox Series X shipped from Microsoft. Should arrive by Friday.
I placed my order on Nov 10 @ 9:23PM PST. Hopefully others around that time will get shipped emails as well.
Thank you both for posting. I’m still waiting on my order from that night, but the time stamps are getting closer to mine!

They stopped spamming me for an authorization charge a week ago for mine, but still hasn't shipped out yet. Probably pretty close if not later today. I've added so much credit in the meantime from deals and trades to GS that it's basically paid off at this point. Seems the orders were for exactly one month away in essence.

I placed my release day order at 12:23 AM Eastern and same as the others mine shipped today and should be here Friday. Feels like they're shipping these off in waves.

Microsoft reads this thread and knows I’ve been critical ... they probably also know I’m scheduled to receive Cyberpunk tomorrow and have nothing to play it on. Play anywhere ... except at Etcrane’s.

Just stopped by my local Walmart and saw three of the S models. Was so tempted to pick one up but really wanting the X. Decisions decisions.
The only thing I don’t like about the s is the hidden cost of upgrading storage. Better off with the x. The s still intrigues me. It’s a small 1080p performance beast.

Thank you both for posting. I’m still waiting on my order from that night, but the time stamps are getting closer to mine!
We're almost there!

What time was your order at? My order was at 9:25PM PT so just 2 minutes after kawai56 but still no email and the Cancel button is still available underneath the pending status so I guess it's not even getting prepared for shipping yet :cry:

The only thing I don’t like about the s is the hidden cost of upgrading storage. Better off with the x. The s still intrigues me. It’s a small 1080p performance beast.
Yeah for the price the Series S is not a bad deal.

But assuming you can get at least 4-5 years out of it until it breaks or you buy an upgraded model, it's only $40-50 extra per year to get the Series X with much better performance and more storage.

Also since only the Series X has a disc drive, if you're someone that buys a lot of games, you'll probably save more money with the Series X in the long run since physical disc games have so many more deals and retailers to choose from. You'll almost never find deals like "buy 2 get 1 free" for digital games especially for new releases, and also miss out on the Black Friday deals.

Are people just settling for the series s? I would rather just spend the extra 200 if IM that desperate to get into next gen now.
I think I'd enjoy a Series S for BC and streaming as a secondary system, but I already have a One S for that purpose in my home office space so I'm not in a hurry. More likely that I'd get a hardware revision for the inevitable smaller, cheaper Series X whenever it comes out.

Yeah for the price the Series S is not a bad deal.

But assuming you can get at least 4-5 years out of it until it breaks or you buy an upgraded model, it's only $40-50 extra per year to get the Series X with much better performance and more storage.

Also since only the Series X has a disc drive, if you're someone that buys a lot of games, you'll probably save more money with the Series X in the long run since physical disc games have so many more deals and retailers to choose from. You'll almost never find deals like "buy 2 get 1 free" for digital games especially for new releases, and also miss out on the Black Friday deals.
The x and ps5 digital are the best value consoles this generation with out a doubt. X especially if you’re okay with the premium.

That being said once they do a gen 2 revision of the s and it’s even smaller and cheaper I’ll pick one up. It’ would be a way better value than an Apple TV as a streaming and gaming device. I can see it getting priced similarly as an Apple TV later on. Apple will try to make the Apple TV a gaming device...and fail.

Got the shipping notice for my Series X from Microsoft Store overnight.  Still waiting on UPS to provide the arrival date.

My timestamp from 11/10 was: 9:49pm (Pacific).

I feel like I keep asking versions of this question but, gamestop gift cards/trade cards can still buy xbox credit, in store only, right? Microsoft store seems to be the easiest way, and discounted xbox cards/or the lightening deal for gamestop gc keep making it more tempting.

I feel like I keep asking versions of this question but, gamestop gift cards/trade cards can still buy xbox credit, in store only, right? Microsoft store seems to be the easiest way, and discounted xbox cards/or the lightening deal for gamestop gc keep making it more tempting.

I used the gamestop trade in credit for my Xbox One S on Xbox cards. Used it with my spacebucks to purchase a Series X.

Just had another authorization charge from MS after over a week of nothing, so looks like another round could be starting up soon as they check who is still eligible.

Upon opening the box...

tenor.gif

Check offerup if it's popular in your area. I see some Series X going for $600. See one for $550 but they are an hour away and haven't responded yet. They could be fake posts of course but most sellers seem to have a good rating. $600 isn't too bad if you think it's better than refreshing different websites all day.

If you are near Ontario, California, Walmart just got Series X shipments in. I called and they have a couple left. I'm like an hour away so it's not worth the drive and they won't hold them. Just a heads up.

Finally got a shipping notification from Microsoft.com ordered on 11/10, expected to be delivered 12/15! Don't think I'll even have time to play with my first kid on the way  :-({|=

Finally got a shipping notification from Microsoft.com ordered on 11/10, expected to be delivered 12/15! Don't think I'll even have time to play with my first kid on the way :-({|=
Congrats! Still amazed that shipping is so slow that you could literally have a child from the time you order until the time you receive it! 😁

Apparently Best Buy is theoretically having a restock (of both 5s and X/S's??) starting the week of 12/13 (tomorrow), get your website page/app pointed and get ready..

NWc6beE.jpg

My order from Microsoft arrived yesterday as expected. FYI - I signed up for text notifications from UPS so as not to have a Series X on my front porch unattended, and they didn't text me anything at all. I stepped outside for some fresh air since I work from home right now, and there it was.

The box MS is using with UPS has extra padding in it, designed for the Series X specifically and has a Microsoft logo on the inside. Everything looks good, which is nice after hearing about dented boxes arriving from FedEx.

Yeah. Mine finally shipped from the MS store with a delivery estimate of Wednesday. But they always ship FedEx for me, so I'll probably get it in 2 weeks instead.

It’s happening ... Wednesday as well. FedEx but had a decent experience with the PS5, so hopefully repeated. Seems like their tracking app is better than UPS.

It’s happening ... Wednesday as well. FedEx but had a decent experience with the PS5, so hopefully repeated. Seems like their tracking app is better than UPS.
You’re our best inside source.

Also shout out to the Best Buy dude who was helping people’s get xboxes. Forgot his name.

bread's done
Back