Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you buy the Series X from the MS website or do you have to buy it from the app on your computer? I get cash back from websites but the website just shows you others places to buy it. I already bought the Series X at Walmart but it still hasn't shipped so I want a backup system.

Can you buy the Series X from the MS website or do you have to buy it from the app on your computer? I get cash back from websites but the website just shows you others places to buy it. I already bought the Series X at Walmart but it still hasn't shipped so I want a backup system.
i think you have to get to it from a link, here is one from nowinstock https://www.xbox.com/en-us/configure/8WJ714N3RBTL?ranMID=24542&ranEAID=AKGBlS8SPlM&ranSiteID=AKGBlS8SPlM-d75J_m0RYWPHN4LHJH41dQ&epi=AKGBlS8SPlM-d75J_m0RYWPHN4LHJH41dQ&irgwc=1&OCID=AID2000142_aff_7593_1243925&tduid=%28ir__tss2huvpsgkftjjwxkqdydtlre2xs6sblayjdrhu00%29%287593%29%281243925%29%28AKGBlS8SPlM-d75J_m0RYWPHN4LHJH41dQ%29%28%29&irclickid=_tss2huvpsgkftjjwxkqdydtlre2xs6sblayjdrhu00

You can buy it from the MS store which gets you cash back.

You can buy it from the MS store which gets you cash back.
I am new to the MS store so I didn't know that thanks. I assume it is automatically put in my account. I was linked to the website but there is no cash back from any of Rakuten, BeFrugal or Swagbucks. I also see the MS store is not shipping out until the end of the year. That's a bummer if accurate. I am going to hope Target drops tonight or anytime and try to get it there since I will be driving to the actual store which will get it to me that day I believe.

I was able to get a Series X after 5 minutes of having to switch to different stores even though they all said they were in stock at each of them. It's a backup in case my Dec 17th Walmart order gets canceled or does indeed get to me on January 12th. If I do have a spare series X, I will just sell it but not at some insane markup. I'll find someone that really wants one and will keep it.

EDIT** damn it! I just got a notification that they made an error and it was not in stock at the store. My options are choose a different store and I no longer want it but it's not in stock at any of the targets. I will definitely be calling them up.

Another *EDIT I kept checking and a store only like 5 miles away from me had it in stock all of a sudden and it let me pick it up there and it's processing now. Hopefully crisis averted.

I was able to get a Series X after 5 minutes of having to switch to different stores even though they all said they were in stock at each of them. It's a backup in case my Dec 17th Walmart order gets canceled or does indeed get to me on January 12th. If I do have a spare series X, I will just sell it but not at some insane markup. I'll find someone that really wants one and will keep it.
I had the same problem and that is awesome of you to help someone like that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Target looks to have restocked in massive numbers. I saw 50 or more at several stores. They’re dwindling as I type this but it’s still obtainable as of now.

Target looks to have restocked in massive numbers. I saw 50 or more at several stores. They’re dwindling as I type this but it’s still obtainable as of now.
In store pickup only?

So dumb had it to pick up in Daytona and it disappeared when I hit place order

got lucky this morning and was able to place a target drive up order for the series x and wife just picked it up.

the employee was asking her about the order (she had no clue) and mentioned coworkers’ have been trying unsuccessfully.

I’m kind of suprised that it didn’t get cancelled and magically disappear. 5% redcard discount was also nice!

For those thinking of getting from bestbuy: unlike PS5, they don't have to be in stock at your store right now to buy. Also there's a $10 savings if you buy a controller too for those interested.

edit: may have been wrong. it let me get to pay now and I didn't so I could be wrong on buying if not available right now at your local bestbuy

got lucky this morning and was able to place a target drive up order for the series x and wife just picked it up.

the employee was asking her about the order (she had no clue) and mentioned coworkers’ have been trying unsuccessfully.

I’m kind of suprised that it didn’t get cancelled and magically disappear. 5% redcard discount was also nice!
So now my Series X was that processing is no longer in stock. I even verified on the phone with customer service that the store had consoles in stock. What a mess. On the phone again. I can't believe I was able to get a PS5 and am having problems with the Series X. They gave me a $15 gift card for the confusion.

**EDIT** They canceled my order. I DID NOT request that. Got an email telling me the order was canceled as you requested. Ridiculous. Has anyone had a supervisor cancel your order without your permission? Supervisor told me this batch glitched with Series X only. Told me just because I got an order number and it was in processing, doesn't guarantee the store has it. Target's site messed it up. I will now have to trade the PS5 I was able to get for a Series X since my Walmart order still shows as preparing and so I have no idea what is going to happen to that one. I usually have nothing but great experiences with Target and I did get a PS5 and a $15 gift card so it wasn't a total loss. I need to call up again since chat advised me to. Trying to figure out why they canceled my order.

Last *EDIT* Another supervisor basically told me I'm screwed and there is nothing she can do. She told me my order was canceled because it wasn't in stock but acknowledged that it should not have been and it should still be in my cart. She also would not give me anymore gift card. I'm like so all this aggravation and all the mistakes Target made this morning is only worth $15 and she's like yes. Unbelievable but this is the first major problem I've ever had with Target so it was bound to happen.

My SX from the MS store is definitely in FedEx purgatory at this point. There has been no update on it since the 15th when it departed a location about 8 hours from me. Hopefully MS has held back stock and can send a replacement instead of a refund.

Got one, traveling for the holidays (Covid tests for all family members) and pulled the trigger. Then my store was out for pick up in the 26th, then another for the 28th, then that went out of stock.

It’s still in my cart but I can’t check out. So I’m gonna leave it and see if it shows back up or possibly pay for it to pick up closer to me.

This is so frustrating

Super happy finally got an S today ( I play on a 1440p monitor ) so doubt I would be able to take advantage of the x as much.

Since I have GP until 2025 doubt I will ever get an x. Can happily sell my 1X.

Question for anyone with an S is the onboard SSD enough if you rotate games in and out as you play them. It says it has 512 but no idea how much is left after the OS.

My SX from the MS store is definitely in FedEx purgatory at this point. There has been no update on it since the 15th when it departed a location about 8 hours from me. Hopefully MS has held back stock and can send a replacement instead of a refund.
I don’t like hearing this. I have an S that shipped the 13th. Was supposed to be delivered the 18th. And now just says pending. Hopefully both mine and yours just show up.

Super happy finally got an S today ( I play on a 1440p monitor ) so doubt I would be able to take advantage of the x as much.

Question for anyone with an S is the onboard SSD enough if you rotate games in and out as you play them. It says it has 512 but no idea how much is left after the OS.
I would say it depends on what kind of games you intend to keep in your internal SSD, how many games you play at one given time and if you have an external HDD/SSD or whatever expansion.

If you are a Call of Duty player and need to keep Modern Warfare and/or Cold War installed at all times you might have a hard time managing it. If you play 1 to 5 games at a time, finish a couple, delete and add more. you should be fine.

If you have an external expansion you can store your already downloaded games there, you can actually play them unless it is Series Enhanced and requires internal SSD speed. Playing older games from an external will give you the visual enhancements but not much of the loading speed.

My kid has a Series S, he loves the size and even when I offered to get him a series X he wanted the S. He plays in a 1080p monitor (will be upgrading to a 1440p soon for his birthday) He likes that it doesn't take much space, it is super fast and he mostly plays smaller games (does not like Call of Duty games) He likes stuff like The Messenger, Dead Cells, Minecraft. The largest game he has installed is GTA 5 and he is getting in to some Assassins Creed with Origins. He has a separate 2tb HDD for the little stuff that wont see much improvement on loading times and the bigger ones with looong load times go in the internal. We keep some other games on the external that he has tried and might earn some time in the spotlight and be switched for one of the internal games.

So as I say it depends on how you play, and the convenience of space vs time to organize your stuff.

How did you get game pass until 2025?

I don’t like hearing this. I have an S that shipped the 13th. Was supposed to be delivered the 18th. And now just says pending. Hopefully both mine and yours just show up.
I called FedEx today and they claimed it arrived at a warehouse about 20 mins from me on the 16th. Yet no tracking update shows that. MS won't do anything until the 23rd because of what my order status says. Even with deliveries being delayed with the holidays and COVID, there is no reason for there not to at least be an update in the last few days. Hell, if it really is 20 mins away, it should have already been delivered.

been seeing a few target store having  stock pop out lately i live in mass and have see leominster bedford and hadey just had it also so check local stores for pick up

So my Series X bundle showed up today from my Gamestop order from Saturday, December 12 after several false starts to shipping.  Has anyone successfully returned the games or controller from any bundles? 

I'm also starting to have second thoughts altogether on the X.  I have a decent gaming laptop that can play most games at a decent framerate and resolution....I question, do I really need it....

So my Series X bundle showed up today from my Gamestop order from Saturday, December 12 after several false starts to shipping. Has anyone successfully returned the games or controller from any bundles?

I'm also starting to have second thoughts altogether on the X. I have a decent gaming laptop that can play most games at a decent framerate and resolution....I question, do I really need it....
I'd keep the X if it were me. Because I doubt it has shown its full potential yet, and I'm afraid 99% of laptops *probably* aren't as capable as the Series X even in cases where they're pretty capable. I predict that in maybe 3 years, the Series X will have the graphics quality of the current (2020) best high end desktop graphics cards.

I'd keep the X if it were me. Because I doubt it has shown its full potential yet, and I'm afraid 99% of laptops *probably* aren't as capable as the Series X even in cases where they're pretty capable. I predict that in maybe 3 years, the Series X will have the graphics quality of the current (2020) best high end desktop graphics cards.
Yeah, very true. I'm horrible about getting caught up in the hype and questioning myself afterwards. I'm also sporadic in gaming as I have young children which makes it difficult to maintain any hobby or interest with any consistency.

Anyone have any success returning part of the Gamestop bundles? They are listed all separately on my return label but I wasn't sure if I would get grief from the store or not. I'll end up keeping the X but not really interested in one of the games and controller.

I called FedEx today and they claimed it arrived at a warehouse about 20 mins from me on the 16th. Yet no tracking update shows that. MS won't do anything until the 23rd because of what my order status says. Even with deliveries being delayed with the holidays and COVID, there is no reason for there not to at least be an update in the last few days. Hell, if it really is 20 mins away, it should have already been delivered.
it happens, if being shipped by 3rd party like fedex ground there is probably a backlog of packages sitting in the warehouse without an update.

Walmart is finally shipping out my series X! FedEx app says I should have it on Saturday. I called them yesterday to see what was going on and today it's shipped out. Not sure if that is coincidence but it is worth a shot if anyone else was in the same boat as me.

bread's done
Back