Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, very true. I'm horrible about getting caught up in the hype and questioning myself afterwards. I'm also sporadic in gaming as I have young children which makes it difficult to maintain any hobby or interest with any consistency.

Anyone have any success returning part of the Gamestop bundles? They are listed all separately on my return label but I wasn't sure if I would get grief from the store or not. I'll end up keeping the X but not really interested in one of the games and controller.
I try to return the games at the store but the guy rejected me. I forget to ask whether they can let me exchange something else. I want to exchange switch game or joycon controller. I will try tomorrow

Okay so now my Fed Ex shipping is saying I won't get it until Tuesday the 29th. Is this normal? What has your experience with Fed Ex been like? Do they usually give you a shipping date and then change it whenever they want? It's coming from Arkansas going to California. It's currently in MO.

Okay so now my Fed Ex shipping is saying I won't get it until Tuesday the 29th. Is this normal? What has your experience with Fed Ex been like? Do they usually give you a shipping date and then change it whenever they want? It's coming from Arkansas going to California. It's currently in MO.
I imagine there will be some delays as a few days are taken off by most carrier companies for Christmas.

When the label is created you are notified the item has "shipped" when in reality it hasn't moved, only the label was generated and probably stuck on the item. There is an estimated date that it will be delivered, assuming it is picked up that same day.

But once the item is actually picked up and in the hands of fedex, the real delivery date is estimated and it can change.

A lot of the times with these big companies the labels are created and the items aren't picked up until the following day, causing the date to be pushed back when the real estimated delivery date is known.

My X from Best Buy (Monday? Whatever day they released a couple) originally said ready for pick up on December 26 but then I got a notification that it was ready for pick up the same day. Pretty cool and thanks again whoever posted that they had some going up.

I try to return the games at the store but the guy rejected me. I forget to ask whether they can let me exchange something else. I want to exchange switch game or joycon controller. I will try tomorrow
Was rejected on the return today. Also asked if I could exchange the games but they refused.

I guess the Series S scarcity is over already. Two days before Christmas and Walmart has it in stock.

Well, still no tracking update from FedEx, so MS is opening an investigation. Requesting a replacement, the rep says there might be stock held back for issues like mine. If not, they will refund me (which doesn't help since it was my MS account balance that paid for the Xbox. Calling FedEx was useless because they just say they'll request an update and then never hear back from them.

The numbers that came out for the last fiscal year said it's around a 50% digital/physical split on sales now. 

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1288948030604009482

It’s not a true comparison because the S isn’t as powerful. I think the sales figures if ps5 disc vs digital will tell a better story.
S does nearly the same graphics as the x does just at 1080p. What makes it a bad value/less desirable isn’t the lack of a disc drive or power it’s the lack of hard drive space and the upgrade making it cost as much as an x. I honestly can barely tell a difference in 1080p graphics (excluding higher frame rates on x for some games).

It’s a great machine for game pass or for little kids/casual gamers that don’t need or understand the bleeding edge of tech.

I traded my PS5 disc with 1 game(Immortals)for a Series X with an extra Series X controller and $200. The guy was really nice and told me he already has a buyer for it. Yes, he was a reseller. Told me all about the programs he used and said he had already sold 9 of them. The first couple sold for $1100. He drove through traffic like 35 miles or so away so he had to have been making like $200 from the deal. The receipt shows he bought it at Costco so it's cool I have that extended warranty through them. I'm fine with it though. I had it listed for $825 for 2 days and was only getting lowball offers or around $750. My area is obviously different than his.

So far, I have it all set up and am just redownloading all my games. Easy to do with the phone app. Very similar to One X dashboard wise and controller wise. The d-pad is different as you know and the shoulder buttons have a little grip to them. It fits perfectly sideways in my entertainment stand. Vent has no obstruction. 

My Walmart Series X is supposed to come on Tuesday. I will just sell that one. I see them mostly getting sold for around $600-$650 if the sell price is accurate. I am glad that mess is over with an I finally have a Series X!

Seinfeld-Its-a-Festivus-Miracle.gif

Are Series S still hard to find? I got an S and X. Keeping the X but figured I'd see if anyone on here was looking for an S. Got it from Walmart. Not looking to make any profit... Straight retail. I'm in the Pittsburgh area.

Are Series S still hard to find? I got an S and X. Keeping the X but figured I'd see if anyone on here was looking for an S. Got it from Walmart. Not looking to make any profit... Straight retail. I'm in the Pittsburgh area.
That's nice of you. As for whether XBox Series S consoles still are hard to find... to a small extent yes. Scalpers are still charging $400 or more on them. Which leaves them a little money but not really a great profit margin.

The numbers that came out for the last fiscal year said it's around a 50% digital/physical split on sales now.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1288948030604009482
I need more info. What are unit sales? Like ok, were half of the units indie games or games like overcooked?

What I really want to know is of the top titles, what’s the breakout. Give me data on animal crossing or this years Madden or COD.

I need more info. What are unit sales? Like ok, were half of the units indie games or games like overcooked?

What I really want to know is of the top titles, what’s the breakout. Give me data on animal crossing or this years Madden or COD.
Great point. The sales data that is being reported is misleading when a lot of indie games comprise of digital sales already. So games are still skewed towards physical just by these grossed up percentages alone. More spin by companies to push the digital era.

Digital sales are heavily weighted to low cost and discounted games. Consumers still have a strong preference for physical copies when the price is the same.

Returning to Xbox after 6 years... Trying to understand this. If I buy 3 years of Gold, I can then purchase Game Pass for $1 and it will convert those 3 years into Game Pass as well?

very impressed with microsoftstore.com, got an order in on the 21st for a series X, shipped yesterday, delivered today, overnight shipping, seems like they are really trying to get as many as they can out before christmas.

Returning to Xbox after 6 years... Trying to understand this. If I buy 3 years of Gold, I can then purchase Game Pass for $1 and it will convert those 3 years into Game Pass as well?
Game Pass Ultimate. Game Pass and Game Pass Ultimate are different... Ultimate is the one with the conversion deal.

Oh for sure! Don't mean to derail this but consider this is CAG... Are there no cheaper options for 12 months of Gold? I remember they used to hover around 40-45 bucks but all I see are $60+
Newegg has 12-month Gold for $50 with code 84LCFHD273. If you are a Costco member, they have a 2-year code for $95.

Advice needed: I have a room with a 48” TV that’s not 4k/HDR.

Would a Series X be overkill? Or should I just get a series S for that room since I have 2 more years of game pass ultimate. I’m kinda anti- digital only but seeing as the tv isn’t great I don’t want to spend another +$200 if it’s overkill.

Finally I would try to sell my one S plus some games for around $200 to offset the upgrade.

Would a Series X be overkill? Or should I just get a series S for that room since I have 2 more years of game pass ultimate. I’m kinda anti- digital only but seeing as the tv isn’t great I don’t want to spend another +$200 if it’s overkill.

Finally I would try to sell my one S plus some games for around $200 to offset the upgrade.
Not sure if this entirely accurate but even if the graphics don't look better, I'm sure the X will perform better than the S, since it has better specs. Correct me if I'm wrong

My opinion has always been to upgrade your television first. The series X will run games better and much faster/less load times on whatever TV you hook it up to. If you do not want to upgrade this television, I do not know the performance difference and load time difference between the S and the X with only 1080p so maybe Google or digitalfoundry can go more in-depth on that.

No I use mine and my ps5 on a 47 inch 1080p screen. Looks great and you’re future proofing.

One big consideration is that the Series X has twice the free storage space. Why this matters is that it saves you the cost of a pricey hard drive or expansion card if you get the Series S and decide its ability to store 8-10 or so AAA games isn't enough.

When I first set up my series X, I hooked it up to a really nice gaming monitor which maxes out at 1080p and saw an appreciable difference between that and the One S I was using previously. It's not just resolution, it's detail and image fidelity, along with load times. That includes the 360 games which got One X enhancements and the increased resolution and frame rate performance on all backwards compatible games that support it. So it will run everything better in addition to being ready for new games to take full advantage of the hardware.

If you want one now and can get your hands on it, I say get the Xbox now and then look for a good deal on a television that will take full advantage of the system.

FedEx finally acknowledged they lost my SX. There's been no tracking update in 12 days. They claimed it was at a warehouse about 20 mins away on 12/16. Called MS and they're going to refund me and send me a link to order a new one (rep said I should get both within 48 hours).

FedEx finally acknowledged they lost my SX. There's been no tracking update in 12 days. They claimed it was at a warehouse about 20 mins away on 12/16. Called MS and they're going to refund me and send me a link to order a new one (rep said I should get both within 48 hours).
i know shipping is backed up and busy, but the only company ever to consistently lose packages is fedex. ive had 3 packages lost this year by them and another one that now has stopped moving since christmas eve. i really wish i had the option when ordering to choose the shipping company used. id much rather get it a week later from USPS than deal with fedex.

i know shipping is backed up and busy, but the only company ever to consistently lose packages is fedex. ive had 3 packages lost this year by them and another one that now has stopped moving since christmas eve. i really wish i had the option when ordering to choose the shipping company used. id much rather get it a week later from USPS than deal with fedex.
Yeah. I expect delays during this time of year, plus the added stress of the pandemic, but I've always had problems with FedEx. They've consistently taken longer to deliver packages, regardless of the time of year. I've had packages come beat up, open and retaped. They just don't seem to care. And their customer service is useless. Unless the package was stolen, it should be able to be found if they know where it last was. I always sigh when I see a retailer has shipped something I purchased via FedEx as I know it's more likely to take longer to get than UPS.

I’ve had zero problems with FedEx but USPS is a complete mess, with items regularly taking 3 weeks. One package took 32 days on a 2 day “guarantee” and another took 21 days to travel 20 miles. If packages are getting “lost” then the issue is really theft, which seems to be happening a lot with consoles being sent out in packaging that makes the content obvious.

I’ve had zero problems with FedEx but USPS is a complete mess, with items regularly taking 3 weeks. One package took 32 days on a 2 day “guarantee” and another took 21 days to travel 20 miles. If packages are getting “lost” then the issue is really theft, which seems to be happening a lot with consoles being sent out in packaging that makes the content obvious.
I think you are the exception. FedEx is a DISTANT third for me with regards to time to ship, accuracy of tracking and ability to...ya know...actually deliver a package. Only company that has ever lost packages, and it happened more than once. Not shipped to wrong place (although that has happened). Not stolen. Flat out lost the package as it moved from one FedEx employee to another.

Seriously. I don’t know how these jackwagons are still in business.

One big consideration is that the Series X has twice the free storage space. Why this matters is that it saves you the cost of a pricey hard drive or expansion card if you get the Series S and decide its ability to store 8-10 or so AAA games isn't enough.
From my understanding the S games have lower res texture packs and a smaller file size. Still will fill up fast on x and s. I already filled my ps5.

From my understanding the S games have lower res texture packs and a smaller file size. Still will fill up fast on x and s. I already filled my ps5.
You touched on a great point. However, that being said - unless the texture packs are all the size of the normal game, doubling the total value, you'll still have a bit more space.

USPS is easily the worst for me. They lost 4 packages in the past 3 months. I don't really use Fedex but I've never had an issue when I did.

I think you are the exception. FedEx is a DISTANT third for me with regards to time to ship, accuracy of tracking and ability to...ya know...actually deliver a package. Only company that has ever lost packages, and it happened more than once. Not shipped to wrong place (although that has happened). Not stolen. Flat out lost the package as it moved from one FedEx employee to another.

Seriously. I don’t know how these jackwagons are still in business.

bread's done
Back