Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't the government say no overtime or did Joe Biden change that?
Overtime or not there's still a finite amount of capacity. Reduced capacity due to the systemic sabotage that can't be fixed with decisions, they take time and are out of the hands of people in the field.

XSX first impressions: bit annoying getting my games to update properly, Gears 5 is breathtaking. Ori 6k supersample is amazing. Madden loads a game in under 10 seconds instead of 2 minutes. Now to find Maneater cheap, I want to see the RT effects since videos look nice and there aren't a lot of RT games. I can't wait for NBA 2K free weekend to give it a try.

I know that Series games need to be on the internal. OG/360/One games can be on the external. Can't find a proper answer on do enhanced One games need to be on the internal? Ori seemed to need to be moved.

Giveaway post! Things don't suck as much and I have a gift card to pass along.

Men's Royal Rumble giveaway for a $5 Target egiftcard.

Like this post to be entered. Cutoff of noon tomorrow and/or 30 entrants, I'll line people up and random up numbers.

I work for the post office and were slammed still... mandated 12 hour days 7 days a week... the mail legit feels like it’s never stopping... it’s ridiculous at the moment... hopefully shit fixes itself soon
louis-dejoy.jpg

I think USPS is officially worse than Fedex now. My console was sent Priority Mail weeks ago and it hasn't moved at all beyond the first facility scan since then. They can't help at all when you call them (which can take hours to get someone on the phone and then a few days to get them to call you back), they just tell you that they're backed up even though the holidays are over and to basically fuck off.
I shipped a PS5 off to someone on December 30th. There was no movement on it and then on Jan 3rd it just said "in transit to next facility" but didn't update where it was. I stopped by USPS around January 11th to see if they had any more info and they didn't. Then out of nowhere on January 16th it said it had finally been moved to my local REGIONAL facility. It took 17 days to move about 40 miles. From then on it moved normal.

But man I was worried it was gone. I will never ever use USPS again for anything expensive.

I shipped a PS5 off to someone on December 30th. There was no movement on it and then on Jan 3rd it just said "in transit to next facility" but didn't update where it was. I stopped by USPS around January 11th to see if they had any more info and they didn't. Then out of nowhere on January 16th it said it had finally been moved to my local REGIONAL facility. It took 17 days to move about 40 miles. From then on it moved normal.

But man I was worried it was gone. I will never ever use USPS again for anything expensive.
Well as a usps employee, ill tell you that around 100k employees have had coronavirus. Many plants have to be shut down due to out breaks and cleaned for days maybe a week before they are allowed to reopen. Add that in with the guy running the show closing plants everywhere and sick employees, it’s been a mess. My average parcels on my route is 40 a day. I have averaged 220 a day for 8 months. There is just only so much we can do. I do my route and half another one 6 days a week. Not complaining either. Im happy to be employed when so many are not.

Everyone they hire 65% quit within a month. Its just too hard work I guess? Ive been there 24 years and its a grind. Im sorry it took so long to get there, but I promise you there was a safety reason for it.

Well as a usps employee, ill tell you that around 100k employees have had coronavirus. Many plants have to be shut down due to out breaks and cleaned for days maybe a week before they are allowed to reopen. Add that in with the guy running the show closing plants everywhere and sick employees, it’s been a mess. My average parcels on my route is 40 a day. I have averaged 220 a day for 8 months. There is just only so much we can do. I do my route and half another one 6 days a week. Not complaining either. Im happy to be employed when so many are not.

Everyone they hire 65% quit within a month. Its just too hard work I guess? Ive been there 24 years and its a grind. Im sorry it took so long to get there, but I promise you there was a safety reason for it.
Oh I know there are issues going on big time right now. The supervisor told me the same thing when I went in and I believed her. It was strange though because I used USPS a lot prior to the holidays and had no issues at all everything went smoothly as normal, so this was a one off.

But paying $90 for priority shipping and it taking nearly 3 weeks is unacceptable. I don't care which way you try to slice it. If they don't have the man power, don't take so much product to ship. There isn't even a way to get a refund on shipping costs or anything unless you do priority express.

So I finally took the plunge when I found out that the Xbox one X was selling for $300 on Facebook marketplace. Sold both of the ones I had and bought two series x. Just got them hooked up this weekend and my God the first time I played FIFA the detail in the faces and hair is insane. Played a few more games and well the graphics are a huge step up on games that support it the low Times is what is unbelievable. I don’t think I can go back and now I need to look for a PS5. The only downside about it is the storage space. I had 467 games installed before with two 4TB drives attached, since the games that are updated need to be on the internal hard drive I’m going to have to pick and choose once installed. I only have 15 games installed and it’s pretty much full. Still it really is an amazing system. I hope the PS five is just as good.

So I finally took the plunge when I found out that the Xbox one X was selling for $300 on Facebook marketplace. Sold both of the ones I had and bought two series x. Just got them hooked up this weekend and my God the first time I played FIFA the detail in the faces and hair is insane. Played a few more games and well the graphics are a huge step up on games that support it the low Times is what is unbelievable. I don’t think I can go back and now I need to look for a PS5. The only downside about it is the storage space. I had 467 games installed before with two 4TB drives attached, since the games that are updated need to be on the internal hard drive I’m going to have to pick and choose once installed. I only have 15 games installed and it’s pretty much full. Still it really is an amazing system. I hope the PS five is just as good.
So you got a new system that's impossible to find aside from the 3 minutes they are in stock online, for $200 below MSRP?

So you got a new system that's impossible to find aside from the 3 minutes they are in stock online, for $200 below MSRP?
He sold two Xbox One X for $300 each and used the money towards two Series X.

Honestly can’t believe the one x and ps4 pro are going for $300+ bucks but sure enough they are. People are weird. I get their discontinued but that’s not far off from series x or ps5 prices. Crazy stuff.

Oh I know there are issues going on big time right now. The supervisor told me the same thing when I went in and I believed her. It was strange though because I used USPS a lot prior to the holidays and had no issues at all everything went smoothly as normal, so this was a one off.

But paying $90 for priority shipping and it taking nearly 3 weeks is unacceptable. I don't care which way you try to slice it. If they don't have the man power, don't take so much product to ship. There isn't even a way to get a refund on shipping costs or anything unless you do priority express.
It’s just a shame for all of us that have worked decades watch things like this. Last summer they had plants closed down in major areas like Detroit and Chicago. Stuff sat there for months until they could find a cleaning company.

really sucks for the customers like you paying a premium price for it and wait so long.

Honestly can’t believe the one x and ps4 pro are going for $300+ bucks but sure enough they are. People are weird. I get their discontinued but that’s not far off from series x or ps5 prices. Crazy stuff.
you are not the only one that was surprised. I was going to wait on new systems, but hell if people are paying $300 now for a PS4pro and Xbox one x they probably won’t later.

There is quite a difference between a 50 cent piece of mail and a $90 18lb package being shipped Priority.

LOL @ "mental" too. Throwback.
you've completely missed the point. The USPS is not going to refuse packages because they've got too much volume. It's the fucking postal service.

You realize "mail" is a generic term right? :wall:

you've completely missed the point. The USPS is not going to refuse packages because they've got too much volume. It's the fucking postal service.

You realize "mail" is a generic term right? :wall:
Dude. You can’t charge for 2 or 3 or 4 day shipping if it’s gonna take you 3 fuckin’ weeks.

I think he means take packages at whatever rate you plan to ship them in time wise. Simply say sir we aren’t accepting 2 day shipping currently. Shipping time for your 18 lb. package is going to take 17 days. Here is the cost for 17 day shipping. Then the customer has the option to pay the cheaper usps price and wait or go to ups or fedex if it needs to get there sooner.

Seems pretty simple. Don’t know why this theory has you so flummoxed. It’s a business like any other. It’s just run by an inept government. If you went into ups and paid for a package to be shipped in 3 days and it showed up in 3 weeks, you’d be asking for your money back. At least I would.

Dude. You can’t charge for 2 or 3 or 4 day shipping if it’s gonna take you 3 fuckin’ weeks.

I think he means take packages at whatever rate you plan to ship them in time wise. Simply say sir we aren’t accepting 2 day shipping currently. Shipping time for your 18 lb. package is going to take 17 days. Here is the cost for 17 day shipping. Then the customer has the option to pay the cheaper usps price and wait or go to ups or fedex if it needs to get there sooner.

Seems pretty simple. Don’t know why this theory has you so flummoxed. It’s a business like any other. It’s just run by an inept government. If you went into ups and paid for a package to be shipped in 3 days and it showed up in 3 weeks, you’d be asking for your money back. At least I would.
My friend worked at the post office and that is not how shipping work. Mail get sorted and goes through multiple hubs. There is no way for the worker to tell if your package is going to get caught up in a bottle neck days later because of Covid or the mess Dejoy made. I am sure there are other factors that a postal worker can chime in on too.

I only know a very basic and low level of how the mailing process works, but it would be weird for them to start refusing your package because they are busy or behind.

The post office used to be good not too long ago. I remember being able to do a game first class postage rate across the country within one week only right before Xmas. This year was pretty bad.

My friend worked at the post office and that is not how shipping work. Mail get sorted and goes through multiple hubs. There is no way for the worker to tell if your package is going to get caught up in a bottle neck days later because of Covid or the mess Dejoy made. I am sure there are other factors that a postal worker can chime in on too.

I only know a very basic and low level of how the mailing process works, but it would be weird for them to start refusing your package because they are busy or behind.
They shouldn’t refuse to ship packages. They should just stop charging premium rates for shipments which they obviously have no idea when they might actually arrive at their destination.

showed up in 3 weeks, you’d be asking for your money back. At least I would.
All politics aside the USPS is NOT a business. I agree with you however in seeking a refund as they made an agreement and fell short of it. However USPS is NOT the same as UPS, FEDEX, and other private companies.

All politics aside the USPS is NOT a business. I agree with you however in seeking a refund as they made an agreement and fell short of it. However USPS is NOT the same as UPS, FEDEX, and other private companies.
I am ready and willing to hear a financial breakdown on how the new management has made USPS lose less money.

I am ready and willing to hear a financial breakdown on how the new management has made USPS lose less money.
LOL! As long as they deliver mail to rural areas they will lose money. Which isn't a problem, right? Because we love living in a society where we ALL can get mail delivered....right?

The USPS loses money because it has promised excessive pensions to employees that it can no longer support with mail volume having dropped by almost half in the last 20 years Nothing to do with having to deliver to rural areas. If there’s a specific type of delivery that loses them a lot of money it’s international mail because agreements made with the UN force the USPS to take a few cents for delivering a package that comes from a low cost country like China.

They shouldn’t refuse to ship packages. They should just stop charging premium rates for shipments which they obviously have no idea when they might actually arrive at their destination.
Exactly. At least someone one this board isn’t retarded. And by someone I mean not Confucius.

Actually congress passed a law in the late 90s requiring them to self fund and pre-pay pensions, as it IS a corporation of the government, hence the DOT COM and not DOT GOV, yet has to follow laws in place to keep it's presence and laws requiring only the USPS to carry "letters".

This was argued because the USPS was sponsoring Lance Armstrong's team at the time, not a huge point to make in the debates in congress, but it was brought up that if a government agency is advertising as a means of drumming up business, it is a corporation and therefore should act like (controlled by the government, hence the prepayment of pensions like the government supposedly does for it's employees).

Its convoluted as fuck, but its a quick snapshot into it, from what I recall from a class in business school.

The USPS loses money because it has promised excessive pensions to employees that it can no longer support with mail volume having dropped by almost half in the last 20 years Nothing to do with having to deliver to rural areas. If there’s a specific type of delivery that loses them a lot of money it’s international mail because agreements made with the UN force the USPS to take a few cents for delivering a package that comes from a low cost country like China.

Actually congress passed a law in the late 90s requiring them to self fund and pre-pay pensions, as it IS a corporation of the government, hence the DOT COM and not DOT GOV, yet has to follow laws in place to keep it's presence and laws requiring only the USPS to carry "letters".

This was argued because the USPS was sponsoring Lance Armstrong's team at the time, not a huge point to make in the debates in congress, but it was brought up that if a government agency is advertising as a means of drumming up business, it is a corporation and therefore should act like (controlled by the government, hence the prepayment of pensions like the government supposedly does for it's employees).

Its convoluted as fuck, but its a quick snapshot into it, from what I recall from a class in business school.
You’re missing the point. The law was passed so the USPS had to stop hiding their losses from the pensions, it didn’t create any money to pay them.

You’re missing the point. The law was passed so the USPS had to stop hiding their losses from the pensions, it didn’t create any money to pay them.
Annnd what a rabbit hole that was for me. You are right. That wasnt discussed in my case study at all. Thanks for mentioning that

Not even close. The law was passed to slam a lead pipe into the legs of USPS. The law makes the USPS fund the pension for 75 years, meaning someone who hasn't been born yet probably has the pension they will receive from USPS already funded. It is ridiculous as no private company does this and some do not even prefund their pensions. It was designed to cripple the USPS so crony capitalism can come in and save it by privatizing it and finally killing one of The USA's greatest inventions.

Not even close. The law was passed to slam a lead pipe into the legs of USPS. The law makes the USPS fund the pension for 75 years, meaning someone who hasn't been born yet probably has the pension they will receive from USPS already funded. It is ridiculous as no private company does this and some do not even prefund their pensions. It was designed to cripple the USPS so crony capitalism can come in and save it by privatizing it and finally killing one of The USA's greatest inventions.
This is completely false but I’m not going to continue a political argument on a gaming forum.

This is completely false but I’m not going to continue a political argument on a gaming forum.
You are correct and I apparently fell for a popular myth. The truth is it is really complicated but undoubtedly the USPS is being hamstrung by our wonderful government. I also agree back to the games.

bread's done
Back