Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
How are transactions on there? In person? Shipping?
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
All in person. Guy paid through Venmo after I sent him a video of the console starting up. Dropped it off on his porch in masks. No t a marketplace like eBay. More like Craigslist but more eyes on it.

I use offer up. I will sometimes list on Marketplace but there are so many low ballers on there. Way more than offer up.

I think I'm gonna grab a series S just for game pass

Edit: nevermind. It only does 1440p. Thought it was 4k

I wouldn’t grab a series s...coming from one x I’ve hardly noticed any major differences yet on my series x. Maybe it’s the games I’ve played. (Madden 21, fallout 76) Still glad I bought it cause future games but rn it just seems like the a bit faster loading and that’s it to me. Also fallout 76 still takes forever to load

I clicked on the "add to cart" button the instant it appeared and got the "out of stock" message.
Did you watch Jake Randalls video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlSksXh9ws0

I don't know how many times I've posted to do what he says and it will work. What you encountered is standard.

I checked out that guy’s YouTube page and he didn’t seem to have anything about the Microsoft store, which is where I need to get mine because of expiring credit. Freeze Time, if you have some hot tip about MS drops, let me know. I’ve only got till April 12 before credit starts expiring on me

I managed to get the Series X on the first drop by pure luck it seems. I even had my bank decline the card over suspected fraud but I was lucky enough to be able to switch the payment to PayPal. I also got the PS5. I missed the first few drops and got to experience everyone's frustration but after the 3:40 drop I didn't back out of the listing, so the add to cart option stayed up on the app. At 3:50 I started spamming the button and got it after 3 or 4 tries. Hopefully that last little bit helps someone else get an order in.

I checked out that guy’s YouTube page and he didn’t seem to have anything about the Microsoft store, which is where I need to get mine because of expiring credit. Freeze Time, if you have some hot tip about MS drops, let me know. I’ve only got till April 12 before credit starts expiring on me
I am in the same boat as you. Trying to use that Rockstar cyberpunk credit to get a Series X even though I already have one. It's been in my cart from 4 drops ago but I haven't been able to actually check out despite being there right when it goes live for every drop since. I don't know what the trick is. I figured since it's already in my cart, I would be able to easily get it. I was wrong. It's still sitting in my cart. I will just try on the next drop whenever that is. We HAVE to be able to get it within the next 3 weeks. I don't see how we won't be able to order one as long as we try to get it right when it drops for the next 3 weeks.

I am in the same boat as you. Trying to use that Rockstar cyberpunk credit to get a Series X even though I already have one. It's been in my cart from 4 drops ago but I haven't been able to actually check out despite being there right when it goes live for every drop since. I don't know what the trick is. I figured since it's already in my cart, I would be able to easily get it. I was wrong. It's still sitting in my cart. I will just try on the next drop whenever that is. We HAVE to be able to get it within the next 3 weeks. I don't see how we won't be able to order one as long as we try to get it right when it drops for the next 3 weeks.
I don’t get it. Why are you trying to buy another Series X? You had one that you scalped (and had trouble selling) and now one for yourself. Why not spend your credit on something else?

I don’t get it. Why are you trying to buy another Series X? You had one that you scalped (and had trouble selling) and now one for yourself. Why not spend your credit on something else?
Scalped? I sold it for $600. I tried to sell it to people here(not shipping just locals) and friends but no one wanted it. $600 is only like $55 over retail after taxes here. The person I sold it to told me he was going to keep it but I have no idea if he did or not. He could have resold it for a profit. Plenty of other Serie X consoles were going for $650-700 and still are here.

I don't want anything else that costs that much. I don't need 2 extra controllers, not going to buy any games since I have Game Pass and don't need any other kind of hardware other than the Series X which I can keep for friends that might have some stimulus money left over or sell it for $550 to a local here that I will try to make sure will actually keep and not resell it. People don't realize that a lot of people will just resell it right away if you sell it to them at cost. If I am able to find a friend that wants it, I know he will actually play it. Selling on offerup or facebook marketplace is taking a gamble on people actually keeping it. When selling that Series X for $600, I had right in my ad that we would open it there to break the seal to make sure they were actually going to keep it. A lot of people messaged me saying they would buy it but not break the seal. The guy I sold it to was the only one willing to do that.

There was a series x drop at ms this morning but it was impossible to buy. I clicked immediately, had it in my cart, and made it to the confirm order page. That’s when it went oos on me. Grand total time was less than a minute from my alert to oos.

I was able to get a Series X and a PS5 today, both on Bestbuy. Super lucky day for me and I'm just glad my search is over. Now I can hold off on trying to get a GPU until they are much easier to get. 

I was able to get a Series X and a PS5 today, both on Bestbuy. Super lucky day for me and I'm just glad my search is over. Now I can hold off on trying to get a GPU until they are much easier to get.
I'm legit in awe of people who are able to successfully pull it off. I've had shipping/card/etc info already in the profile, all the other shit tipsters say to do, and I have yet to ever get past the 'add to cart' button. just endless 'lol out of stock' popups. Never even, like, advancing to a Captcha screen.

I'm legit in awe of people who are able to successfully pull it off. I've had shipping/card/etc info already in the profile, all the other shit tipsters say to do, and I have yet to ever get past the 'add to cart' button. just endless 'lol out of stock' popups. Never even, like, advancing to a Captcha screen.
I didn't do anything fancy. For the PS5, I went right through with no problems. For the Xbox Series X it kept telling me out of stock at all the locations around me, at one point it even said none within 250 miles. I just kept trying to select different locations and one in my area eventually popped back up again. I have no clue how they are determining stock, but that worked for me.

Edit: Honestly, it's just luck and timing.

I didn't do anything fancy. For the PS5, I went right through with no problems. For the Xbox Series X it kept telling me out of stock at all the locations around me, at one point it even said none within 250 miles. I just kept trying to select different locations and one in my area eventually popped back up again. I have no clue how they are determining stock, but that worked for me.

Edit: Honestly, it's just luck and timing.
I have had zero luck and shit timing, clearly. Like, I've been there in advance of drops and all, but, again, never even gotten to the point of being able to try to pick a location. Just...add to cart? Nah. Add to cart? Nah. Add to cart? Na--you get the idea.

I have had zero luck and shit timing, clearly. Like, I've been there in advance of drops and all, but, again, never even gotten to the point of being able to try to pick a location. Just...add to cart? Nah. Add to cart? Nah. Add to cart? Na--you get the idea.
im in the same boat as you

Persistence and perseverance will wear down and overcome resistance. There is nothing that can stop a motivated CAG from getting a next gen console at msrp. Twitter, Jake and CAG should get you to the promiseland. Have faith padwan.

I had plenty of failures too, eventually it's your day. It does indeed feel hopeless.
Agreed, many of us are in the same boat. I'm staying positive about it. If I don't get one through any of the retailers I'll just wait to buy the base console through Gamestop. I have over $400 in giftcards there. Time is on our side.

Agreed, many of us are in the same boat. I'm staying positive about it. If I don't get one through any of the retailers I'll just wait to buy the base console through Gamestop. I have over $400 in giftcards there. Time is on our side.
I don't mind paying a modest finder's fee for the Series S or the PS5. $50 on top of MSRP/tax/shipping? That i don't mind.

Not paying MSRP+50% for either.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get xbox from Walmart? Ordered last Thursday and still says Preparing Order.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get xbox from Walmart? Ordered last Thursday and still says Preparing Order.

My PS5 is in that same boat. It says I'll get it April 9th, so any time before that is a bonus.

Thanks for everyone's help on here. I got a Fed ex shipping notification for delivery tomorrow of my Series S from the Walmart drop of 3/18.

bread's done
Back