Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the XSX through Citizen's One financing. While I'm not a fan of Cell Phone esque contracts nor the All-Access it's a good deal for someone like myself who won't buy most games unless severely discounted/on sale. I still have my GC credit with Gamestop so now it's PS5 hunting time.

Best Buy's web site is fucked up.  It said several stores in my area had stock so I clicked Add to Cart and waited as the message told me to, saying that the button will turn yellow again and I'll need to click Add to Cart a second time to confirm.  So I sat and waited, keeping faith, and nothing happened.  It never let me continue, nor did it tell me that stock was no longer available.  After about 20 minutes of waiting, I refreshed the page and all of the stock at my nearby stores was gone.  That's the last time I ever try buying from them.

So far, Walmart and Best Buy have both let me down.  Hopefully I have better luck with Target or Costco.

This was the process I went through for the Mario Game and Watch. If you hit refresh you will lose your place. Took me about 10 minutes of waiting for the button to reappear and that was a much less high profile item

I waited at least 20 minutes before giving up. The web site says that if it's still in stock, it will refresh quickly.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure if it didn't work by then, it wasn't going to.

This is so dumb.  There should be a wait list option.  You put your order in, you go on a wait list, then they fulfill your order as stock is received.  It's a hell of a lot better than playing these games every day.

This has probably been discussed, but do all games on the X/S have cloud save/cross system saving? I have Series X upstairs on the main tv. I wouldn’t mind picking up an S at some point for the basement to use on the projector.

Wondering if something like PGA Tour 2k1 (my current go to game, love it) would be as simple as save upstairs, go downstairs, save is synced when I log in to play there. Or if it’s on a per game basis.

afaik, all xbox one games, including xbox one x, series XIS, all use xbox cloud saves.     when i moved from xbox one OG VCR to xbox one s, all my saves were there.   went to xbox one x, all the saves there.   series X, all saves.    so regardless of where you play / login with your xbox account; your saves are synched and accessible.     I have only used saves going up the chain as systems upgraded; but i'm sure if i would login to the older machine; all the saves would be synched and accessible.     it is a smooth system.    

afaik, all xbox one games, including xbox one x, series XIS, all use xbox cloud saves. when i moved from xbox one OG VCR to xbox one s, all my saves were there. went to xbox one x, all the saves there. series X, all saves. so regardless of where you play / login with your xbox account; your saves are synched and accessible. I have only used saves going up the chain as systems upgraded; but i'm sure if i would login to the older machine; all the saves would be synched and accessible. it is a smooth system.
It’s been super smooth for me going from pc to Xbox and back in games like Forza. Would be awesome if it’s like that on all games. I’ve been playing pga tour a lot lately and it would be sweet to play on the projector in the basement once in awhile.

It’s been super smooth for me going from pc to Xbox and back in games like Forza. Would be awesome if it’s like that on all games. I’ve been playing pga tour a lot lately and it would be sweet to play on the projector in the basement once in awhile.
Same. I really think Xbox Game PAss Ultimate and Cloud Saves across all devices are an amazing value. Even if you don't want to drop all the money on a series x, the series S with the above is the best deal in gaming.

This is so dumb. There should be a wait list option. You put your order in, you go on a wait list, then they fulfill your order as stock is received. It's a hell of a lot better than playing these games every day.
They sort of did that a little bit last year with the Microsoft store, and people were able to put in orders in November that would ship in late December. It sounds like a good idea, but the problem is people were getting pissy about having even a month wait, and they also didn't understand how their orders direct from Microsoft were going to take so long when retail stores (that had already paid for their inventory) were having consoles available sooner than Microsoft. It ends up being a clusterfuck and a bad idea because so many people are fucking stupid.

They sort of did that a little bit last year with the Microsoft store, and people were able to put in orders in November that would ship in late December. It sounds like a good idea, but the problem is people were getting pissy about having even a month wait, and they also didn't understand how their orders direct from Microsoft were going to take so long when retail stores (that had already paid for their inventory) were having consoles available sooner than Microsoft. It ends up being a clusterfuck and a bad idea because so many people are fucking stupid.
Instant gratification. Most people would rather have a chance to get one now rather than definitely get one in a month. Part of it feeds into that whole need to have something uncommon. Part of the fuel for demand is that you can't just order one right now. I'd like to think we are better than that, but the way people have responded to Covid makes me realize intelligence is in short supply in the general population. People would rather dump money into lottery tickets every week than open a retirement account.

And like you said, people would get pissy and hassle customer service all the time over when they would get one. Not worth the headaches.

To each their own but I tried to get a Series X one day when a few friends were trying and that was the last day I tried. I would like to purchase one but I can wait until they are well in stock and even then, I will reconsider how much it is worth it. I refuse to jump through hoops to spend my own money no matter what the product is. You want my money, you jump through my hoops.

To each their own but I tried to get a Series X one day when a few friends were trying and that was the last day I tried. I would like to purchase one but I can wait until they are well in stock and even then, I will reconsider how much it is worth it. I refuse to jump through hoops to spend my own money no matter what the product is. You want my money, you jump through my hoops.
Yeah, they can’t keep them in stock so I doubt Microsoft or Sony is doing any hoop jumping at this time.

All console to console games work this way. PC to xbox syncing depends on the game. It has to be a "play anywhere" title.

Has anyone tried that new $100 Microsoft wireless headset yet?

Just wondering if it’s worth it and any guesses on when those might be easier to order?

Has anyone tried that new $100 Microsoft wireless headset yet?

Just wondering if it’s worth it and any guesses on when those might be easier to order?
The mic picked up everything including button presses. I've heard it's an issue getting fixed in an update but I already returned it. Sound was fine sounding. It did clamp too hard under my ears for a few days but got better after some use.

I'll stick with the arctis 9x but liked the sound and feel of the a50s better. They just never would connect the first time when I turned the system on or always charge on the base.

I'm still waiting for Costco.com to restock their bundle with one controller.  I've been checking for weeks and I think I've only ever seen it restock once but by the time I found out it was too late (Jake Randall did not tweet about it for whatever reason).

Walmart fucked me good. Ordered on the 18th of March, finally "shipped" last Friday, stuck at label created never moved,was supposed to be delivered today, called the escalation number, the guy says ya this doesn't look good boom cancelled wtf 

Walmart fucked me good. Ordered on the 18th of March, finally "shipped" last Friday, stuck at label created never moved,was supposed to be delivered today, called the escalation number, the guy says ya this doesn't look good boom cancelled wtf
Dafuq? They just cancel your order because they fucked up?

Dafuq? They just cancel your order because they fucked up?
Yep gave me 25 buck gift card and 10% off if I order a system from them again lmao. Didnt say they would put me in front of line wouldnt do anything for me, a sorry and good bye. And this was after tons of calls, managers etc... a total joke

WTF I ordered mine on march 25th Via all access. I had a April 15th delivery by date. It got delivered on the 7th, when it went out on the the 4th

I received my Series X from Walmart, and had the polar opposite experience from recent commenters. I lucked into getting it in cart and checking out during the brief window it was available Thursday (04/08) afternoon. I received an e-mail a few hours later stating that it had shipped with a delivery date of Monday (04/12). But then it showed up on my porch yesterday (04/10) instead. I'm still slightly in shock.

I ordered another series S on April 2nd and it had a delivery Day by April 14th I have had no movement on the tracking so I had to call them again and find out what was going on they looked into it and said that it is due to ship on April 21st we'll see

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back