Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Just last week, while traveling through CO to visit my parents, I stopped by the only Walmart for miles. They had, I shit you not, 10+ Series S stuffed into the locked cabinets and some just sitting out on shelves.

The last console that released as cutting edge technology was the 360. I don’t think we’ll ever see it again.
Thinking back, I think you're right on the money with that insight. I remember when the 360 came out it was faster than anything available at the time for a while at least.

I remember the 360 having more cores available than I could get on the PC I was building at the time. No console since has been able to top a PC at its launch afaik.

If I don't end up getting a Series X through the console pilot, I'm just going to end up purchasing one through a second party from OfferUp.

Would rather not pay resale of course, but prices aren't too bad compared to PS5s.  

So is Thursday the new weekly restock date for Best Buy???

I wish they could give some advance warning to folks...

attachicon.gif
xbox.PNG
Is the extra $50 for console trades the "huge trade offer" they mention, or is that already something standard (the valid time shows it running for the span of the week)?

is it still possible to grab a series X on amazon or do the bots snap them up?
I've never been able to grab a console from Amazon. Sometimes I can get in on the Best Buy site when they drop there but then it never lets me check out (only available for in-store pickup, gives me the option of every store, but then tells me it's not available there). The best bet is if you happen to be awake at 5 a.m. Pacific/8 a.m. Eastern when Target drops. Or overpay for a Gamestop or Newegg bundle when those drop.

Anyone out camping for xbox? I’m not- just wondering.

Edit: Got ticket number #3 at 10:45 am for a series x. Easy, peasy.

One of my local stores (North Ridge Crossing - Westerville) has a sign up that they’ll have 8 X’s and 4 S’s). I got there around 7:15am and there’s no line and only one other person waiting in their car.

Me and two others at my GameStop. Been here since about 11 last night. My store has 20 x and 10s. Of you are in the high desert of socal you probably know the one.

Just got to my location. The line isn't that bad.

Edit- I actually ended up being the last person. Store had 8 and I was #8. Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about this new console. Haven't had an Xbox since the 360.

Just got my ticket, and I am number 7 for the series X. The lady that handed them out had a thick stack of tickets left so I assume they got well over 20 of each

If Gamestop is getting THIS many units per store, and prices are down to $600 on craigslist, then these things are going to become widely available at retail by August. 

appearently some stores got as few as 4.
There are a dozen Gamestops within 20minutes driving distance from me, and some stores got as many as 20. This is also Gamestop, who never has excess stock or extras of anything.

The supply is catching up to the demand dramatically. And Xbox is going to be the first of the major hardware shortages (GPUs, PS5) to fill retail shelves. It's also summer; people are going outside, traveling, and living their best post-pandemic lives. I expect even Playstations to be incredibly more available come August.

Has anyone placed an order for a Series X at Best Buy for pickup? if so how long did it take to get an e-mail letting you know it's ready for pick-up?

I placed a order from walmart 2 days ago...and walmart just sent me a email today then my order got cancelled...I never order Xbox Series X before...

Unfortunately, our credit and fraud avoidance team flagged this order as unusual, so we had to cancel. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Don't worry - you weren't charged for the order. Any temporary holds will be removed within 10 business days, in accordance with your bank's policy.

What's next? We recommend you double-check your payment information and then try placing a new order.

bread's done
Back