Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be wrong, but I think series X stock is going to not be a problem pretty soon. I picked up my Best Buy order from last week today, and when they opened the case to get mine there were like 50 of them waiting to be picked up. That was just one store. If stores are getting big drops like that I think it won’t be much longer.

I have started to see pre-owned X's show up on Craigslist and offer up for less than msrp so that's good.
I looked there for the first time the other day and those listings look pretty fishy. I've seen one that said $400, then mentions $600 in the description. marketplace does a lot of that too, but usually $1 posts.

If you’ve waited this long, might as well try to get the inevitable Halo edition console.
Yep, I'll get the first must-have limited edition Xbox. Something like my R2-D2 360 or Cyberpunk XB1. There are always new limited editions coming out that I can't live without. So it's a great time to wait.

After eBay’s fees the resellers are pretty much getting MSRP for them. Hopefully the mass scalping is almost over.
Yeah at $600 they are losing money unless they charge shipping.

For me to buy an Xbox at retail is $542.50 with tax.

If I sell it for $600 with free shipping

eBay fee: $60
PayPal fee: $17.40
Shipping: $30??? Depends on where your shipping it to

That’s $107.40 in costs so you would net $492.60, a loss of $49.90 on each console sold.

Yeah at $600 they are losing money unless they charge shipping.

For me to buy an Xbox at retail is $542.50 with tax.

If I sell it for $600 with free shipping

eBay fee: $60
PayPal fee: $17.40
Shipping: $30??? Depends on where your shipping it to

That’s $107.40 in costs so you would net $492.60, a loss of $49.90 on each console sold.
Even charging for shipping makes it hardly seem worth it for them. I wouldn’t want to take the risk of a shady buyer who’s going to open a case against you for some made up reason to get their money back. I hope all the scalpers are taking a loss at this point. I definitely hope Sony/Microsoft have a plan to combat it when the PS6/Xbox series Y comes out!

S is available at BB
Also a number of S's at Target for in store pickup in Chicagoland. $285 with red card.

Last 2 morning's I saw a few X's in stock at various stores near Chicago for store pickup too. If you want an X you may want to check target daily each AM, That is how I got mine.

Discover Card is offering 5% cash back when using PayPal at Target.com/Best Buy.com and any other retailer that takes PayPal.

Finally got a Series X from Microsoft.com yesterday and used my $500+ in 15% off gift cards I bought from Big Lots in like November. Sheesh, what a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S is available at BB

Also a number of S's at Target for in store pickup in Chicagoland. $285 with red card.
I so would get an Xbox Series S, if I could just play my old Xbox discs. Throw in an optical drive or let me use any usb Blu-ray/DVD drive that grants me a "free" digital copy of my disc based games.

Would even settle using my discs as a "key" to playing digital copies downloaded to an Xbox Series S. Still needing the disc inserted every time I want to play.

Xscreen is funded and they charged me this morning. The s is gonna make a nice portable console. The expansion drive jumps between s and x just fine and also means only downloading things once if you have 2 consoles.

Xscreen is funded and they charged me this morning. The s is gonna make a nice portable console. The expansion drive jumps between s and x just fine and also means only downloading things once if you have 2 consoles.
I'm curious - aren't the game assets that are downloaded for Series X going to be different for some games than the assets for those same games on Series S?

Received my Series X from Microsoft.com and sold my XBox One X in like 5min for $300. Can’t believe it sold that quick.

this semiconductor shortage is crazy!   apparently the prices/value of PS4, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X has shot up due to shoppers going for the next best thing when they can't get the new machines.     crazy times!

At least flight simulator is the same size. Not downloaded a whole lot to it yet.
They need to "Horizon" Flight Simulator. That shit is mad boring.

this semiconductor shortage is crazy! apparently the prices/value of PS4, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X has shot up due to shoppers going for the next best thing when they can't get the new machines. crazy times!
Sold my PS4 Pro for $350 which is what I paid for it after a Dell coupon, made the PS5 upgrade real cheap. Now I need a Series X to come in stock at Microsoft so I can use rewards. I'll give it to my son and sell the One X I gave him when I got my Series X for more than I'll pay out of pocket.

this semiconductor shortage is crazy! apparently the prices/value of PS4, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X has shot up due to shoppers going for the next best thing when they can't get the new machines. crazy times!
Sold my PS4 Pro for $350 which is what I paid for it after a Dell coupon, made the PS5 upgrade real cheap. Now I need a Series X to come in stock at Microsoft so I can use rewards. I'll give it to my son and sell the One X I gave him when I got my Series X for more than I'll pay out of pocket.

They need to "Horizon" Flight Simulator. That shit is mad boring.
So, instead of open world, make it closed circuit? :p

(Since it's the other way around with Forza)

I'm enjoying the game though. It's nice when you figure out how to setup normal flying and even autopilot (not the AI co-pilot). I'm working on the first bush trip and I've liked learning how to setup the flight and get to the next airport. It's a chill game for sure.

Hey guys, random question. Finally got around to opening my Series X and unsurprisingly have very little space (especially since I just loaded up 3 years of Live and converted it to Ultimate Game Pass). I'm planning on waiting for cheaper or larger SSD storage (the expansion slot, forget what it's called), but I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for USB external drive(s) in order to maximize X360/XB1 games? Happy to pay a little more if it means maximizing GB/dollar.

Hey guys, random question. Finally got around to opening my Series X and unsurprisingly have very little space (especially since I just loaded up 3 years of Live and converted it to Ultimate Game Pass). I'm planning on waiting for cheaper or larger SSD storage (the expansion slot, forget what it's called), but I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for USB external drive(s) in order to maximize X360/XB1 games? Happy to pay a little more if it means maximizing GB/dollar.
Anything will work. Checkout some of the target and Walmart clearances.

You can also store series X games on the external and move them to internal to play. Better than redownloading repeatedly.

You can also store series X games on the external and move them to internal to play.
This is what I recommend doing for X1 games as well. The internal SSD's faster load times will be appreciated.

I'd say try frequently checking Best Buy's "Deals of the Day" page, they have HDDs on there all time.

Received my Series X from Microsoft.com and sold my XBox One X in like 5min for $300. Can’t believe it sold that quick.

It sold fast because it's now OOP and frankly may see an uptick in value in the future due to rarity. I'm holding onto mine even though I don't need it for that reason alone.

I got an alert from my stock checker app that Walmart will have a series x drop at 6pm PT tonight. Good luck peeps
Appreciate the heads up, but no luck for me. I was waiting for it. Showed as in stock for about 90 seconds, but when I tried to add it to cart it popped up with this weird "press and hold" to verify your account thing that didn't work at all. Just kept saying please try again. By the time I logged in with a diff browser, it showed oos. Darn.

I couldn't get logged in on the website, and past the bot protection. I ordered one via their app on my phone, and went through very quickly.

So they more I looked into it the more I wanna get a USB 3.2 SSD for all non-S|X games and whenever prices drop/more manufacturers join/bigger sizes come out I'll buy an official expansion. Figure that maximises speed since speed tests show external SSD load times being almost as good internal drive for XB1/X360 games...

GameStop and retailers still aren’t getting series S in store are they? I’m thinking about getting my wife an S, so I figure checking stock alerts is still the only way? Has S model gotten any easier to find, seemed like it was staying in stock a bit longer back in spring

GameStop and retailers still aren’t getting series S in store are they? I’m thinking about getting my wife an S, so I figure checking stock alerts is still the only way? Has S model gotten any easier to find, seemed like it was staying in stock a bit longer back in spring
Target has been the bigger in-store with them. I have seen then in-stock pretty consistently.

bread's done
Back