Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a rumor that Microsoft may be making a revised Series S for release next year. This revision would be slightly more powerful than the original model, but still below the X. The pricing is suggested to be $350, while the original S model would drop to $250. The rumor also suggests the X model would receive a revision the following year. I don't know if the rumor mentioned storage space increases.

This is just a rumor. I'm only posting it because of the potential of a better model releasing sooner in the future than expected, as well as a possible price drop in the current model if this one releases. With chip shortages being an issue still, I'm surprised revisions would be a possibility with the market not being saturated enough to justify making a new model.

Could also be looked at as a caution warning at buying the S model for now, as it could become a further underpowered device in the long term.

There is a rumor that Microsoft may be making a revised Series S for release next year. This revision would be slightly more powerful than the original model, but still below the X. The pricing is suggested to be $350, while the original S model would drop to $250. The rumor also suggests the X model would receive a revision the following year. I don't know if the rumor mentioned storage space increases.

This is just a rumor. I'm only posting it because of the potential of a better model releasing sooner in the future than expected, as well as a possible price drop in the current model if this one releases. With chip shortages being an issue still, I'm surprised revisions would be a possibility with the market not being saturated enough to justify making a new model.

Could also be looked at as a caution warning at buying the S model for now, as it could become a further underpowered device in the long term.
Now if only they could figure out their naming issues so that anybody could bother to give a shit about their model designations.

And right after I just got my S the rumors come out lol. That's okay I don't really mind mostly bought my S to be an emulation machine while I wait until I'm able to get an X

Just put in an order for the LG C1.  It should be a nice upgrade from my Vizio M558-G1.  I'll have it on the 21st!

Anyone have opinions on soundbars?  I know most don't really support some features like 120hz or VRR.  eArc should go around that issue, but from what I've read, there is a good chance there is a very bad delay in sound if you use atmos?

You can now get Xbox Series S at your local Costco warehouse for $289.99. Item number is 1575603. Xbox Series X bundle with extra controller is also available for $549.99 but my Costco that I went to did not have it.

Just put in an order for the LG C1. It should be a nice upgrade from my Vizio M558-G1. I'll have it on the 21st!

Anyone have opinions on soundbars? I know most don't really support some features like 120hz or VRR. eArc should go around that issue, but from what I've read, there is a good chance there is a very bad delay in sound if you use atmos?
I finally upgraded to a Denon AVR-S750, my first 4K receiver. I added a couple Sony Atmos speakers to my Cerwin Vega setup and they sound amazing running through my Series X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just put in an order for the LG C1. It should be a nice upgrade from my Vizio M558-G1. I'll have it on the 21st!

Anyone have opinions on soundbars? I know most don't really support some features like 120hz or VRR. eArc should go around that issue, but from what I've read, there is a good chance there is a very bad delay in sound if you use atmos?
2.1 is supposed to get rid of latency issues and auto-sync but in practice 2.1 seems to be a real pita to implement unless you are LG. I would just make sure to purchase from somewhere where you won't take a bath if you need to return the soundbar.

2.1 is supposed to get rid of latency issues and auto-sync but in practice 2.1 seems to be a real pita to implement unless you are LG. I would just make sure to purchase from somewhere where you won't take a bath if you need to return the soundbar.
I would go with Best Buy where I got the TV from. They are good about returns. It's just a 1 hour drive to return at the store if I can't ship it.

What you do you mean unless it's LG? Like LG sound bars do better at 2.1?

I would go with Best Buy where I got the TV from. They are good about returns. It's just a 1 hour drive to return at the store if I can't ship it.

What you do you mean unless it's LG? Like LG sound bars do better at 2.1?
More to do with the fact LG develops their own chipset, unfortunately everyone who uses the mediatek chipset has tons of issues with 2.1 right now. Audio dropouts being one of the major ones.

More to do with the fact LG develops their own chipset, unfortunately everyone who uses the mediatek chipset has tons of issues with 2.1 right now. Audio dropouts being one of the major ones.
So, if not doing atmos, 2.1 is all that's needed on a sound bar? I have atmos and dts on my arctis 9x and don't notice much difference when playing a game. It'll be mostly for movies and as long as it sounds good and I can hear the voices better than internal speakers, I'll be easily pleased.

Something like this would work? Not using the atmos of course

LG SP8YA 3.1.2 ch Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos Black SP8YA - Best Buy

So, if not doing atmos, 2.1 is all that's needed on a sound bar? I have atmos and dts on my arctis 9x and don't notice much difference when playing a game. It'll be mostly for movies and as long as it sounds good and I can hear the voices better than internal speakers, I'll be easily pleased.

Something like this would work? Not using the atmos of course

LG SP8YA 3.1.2 ch Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos Black SP8YA - Best Buy
Yeah I can't remember which codecs LG didn't license on the current versions of their TVs but I think you would be fine. Soundbar stuff is a little janky anymore anyway in general so test it out pretty well like mentioned when you first purchase and return if needed.

Not gonna lie, from the thumbnail I thought it was a weird cellphone at first. This generation's form-factors are just kinda shit, eh?

Gamestop email today's stating 9/16 Series S & X via All Access @ 10am CST in case anyone missed it. Someone else mentioned Series S at Costco locations, verified in Issaquah, WA.

https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.com/all-products-page

I have the 7.2. Love it.

Look into the Sonos Arc. As far as I know, it’s the best sound bar available. You can also add their One SL wireless speakers as surround speakers. As far as I know, you just plug them in and connect them wirelessly and there is no need for an external amp to power them.

edit:
Fixed product spelling. Auto correct changed Sonos to Sonia for some reason.

Look into the Sonia Arc. As far as I know, it’s the best sound bar available. You can also add their One SL wireless speakers as surround speakers. As far as I know, you just plug them in and connect them wirelessly and there is no need for an external amp to power them.
I got the LG SP8YA. Not the shiniest sound bar, but sounds pretty good for what I need. I can't test atmos until I get the tv as mine does not have eArc.

I got the LG SP8YA. Not the shiniest sound bar, but sounds pretty good for what I need. I can't test atmos until I get the tv as mine does not have eArc.
Make sure you download the Atmos app onto the Xbox. It's got some demos on it that sound good. I'm not sure just how good for a 3.1.2 system but you need the app for atmos regardless. You have to update a bunch of settings on the Xbox as well. Additionally, make sure you make note of the settings changes on your TV.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/can-lg-c1s-earc-passthrough-dolby-mat-2-0.2372965/

I already have atmos and dts:x for my headphones.
I don't have headphones for atmos, does it actually sound good? I have a wired system.

For anyone looking for a soundbar with atmos, I'd recommend you check out the Sonos or the JBL Bar 9.1. The JBL is far more cost effective since it's a soundbar upfiring speakers and rechargeable surround speakers that could also be plugged in with USB permanently plus the subwoofer all included. With the Sonos you have to buy everything separately.

Look into the Sonos Arc. As far as I know, it’s the best sound bar available. You can also add their One SL wireless speakers as surround speakers. As far as I know, you just plug them in and connect them wirelessly and there is no need for an external amp to power them.

edit:
Fixed product spelling. Auto correct changed Sonos to Sonia for some reason.
This is what I have. It's expensive, but sounds amazing. The surrounds and sub are a must too for full home theater effect. I used to have a stereo receiver and full 7.2 setup but I grew tired of all the wires and kept having issues with it. This setup is so simple and now I have a Sonos speaker in basically every room.

Finally caved and just got the Series X through Gamestop's All Access. The inner CAG in me hates that it means I am spending full price on GamePass for two years but I am also getting super sick of getting notifications and having the console itself just sell out in seconds soooooo it is kind of worth it for that alone to just be done with it haha

Managed to get the series x to show on the checkout page for at least a full second before it kicked me back to the cart sleuth the oos message. This was at Microsoft. Closest I’ve come in quite a while

Finally caved and just got the Series X through Gamestop's All Access. The inner CAG in me hates that it means I am spending full price on GamePass for two years but I am also getting super sick of getting notifications and having the console itself just sell out in seconds soooooo it is kind of worth it for that alone to just be done with it haha
I've tried getting one through Walmart that way, but Citizen's One can't verify my identity. I've never had any issue anywhere else when it comes to credit. I've lived at the same address for over 35 years. I was willing to pay more for something I didn't really want, but MS decided to use some POS company to handle things. What a joke.

I've tried getting one through Walmart that way, but Citizen's One can't verify my identity. I've never had any issue anywhere else when it comes to credit. I've lived at the same address for over 35 years. I was willing to pay more for something I didn't really want, but MS decided to use some POS company to handle things. What a joke.
Dang that stinks I didn't even think of that as an option I'm sorry!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I keep getting stock alerts for MS. The first one actually let me see an in-stock SX. That’s when I was able to get to checkout (but fail to make it through). Subsequent alerts have sent me to the site only to see them oos already. If you guys have the patience, you might want to play the F5 game. I tried enough without any luck, but I have to assume I keep getting alerts for a reason. Good luck y’all

On the bright side, you waited to buy at the right time. I've had AC Valhalla all year as my only real showcase game for XSX but it has gotten 210 hours of play so I guess there's that. You have a full line-up of games to look forward to now!

On the bright side, you waited to buy at the right time. I've had AC Valhalla all year as my only real showcase game for XSX but it has gotten 210 hours of play so I guess there's that. You have a full line-up of games to look forward to now!
Haha I've had a ps5 since launch so I've had access to lots already. I mainly just wanted a series x more for multiplayer stuff as my pc is showing it's age and kind of just want to get back in that ecosystem for multiplayer.

Haha I've had a ps5 since launch so I've had access to lots already. I mainly just wanted a series x more for multiplayer stuff as my pc is showing it's age and kind of just want to get back in that ecosystem for multiplayer.

Same, but it got shelved after Demon's Souls so. . .yeah. :whistle2:

"TechRadar can confirm that – for the first time in 2021 – Best Buy will sell PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X consoles in stores, according to multiple sources.

Exclusive: The next PS5 and Xbox Series X restock at Best Buy will happen in stores on Thursday, according to the exclusive sources of PS5 and Xbox restock Twitter tracker Matt Swider, who will send you alerts when consoles are in stock in the US – if you follow his Twitter account and turn on notifications.

This is big news. It's the first time in 2021 a major non-club retailer in the US has had PlayStation 5 on sale in stores, and we have proof that it and Xbox Series X are being stocked at Best Buy locations for September 23. Multiple retailer sources, including those who shared internal inventory screens with us, are expecting more than 50 consoles per store."

More info!

Has anyone tried to purchase a series X with Microsoft reward points converted to gift cards? 
I was able to snag one in the previous week release. I had saved up enough points to have a hefty gift card to use on this purchase. When checking out I selected to use my Microsoft account as my primary payment, followed by my credit card, my receipt reflects this. When it shipped, it was fully charged on my credit. Contacted support and was told I’d have to return for a full refund and repurchase. Seeing as the availability is rare, I feel this is too risky.

Anyone else experience this?

Has anyone tried to purchase a series X with Microsoft reward points converted to gift cards?
I was able to snag one in the previous week release. I had saved up enough points to have a hefty gift card to use on this purchase. When checking out I selected to use my Microsoft account as my primary payment, followed by my credit card, my receipt reflects this. When it shipped, it was fully charged on my credit. Contacted support and was told I’d have to return for a full refund and repurchase. Seeing as the availability is rare, I feel this is too risky.

Anyone else experience this?
Did you already have the gift cards on your account? I preordered the X and added gift cards after the initial order with no problem. When I ordered a 2nd console that was not a preorder they did not take any of the gift cards I added after the initial payment was made. I ended up selling that one to a coworker at cost because I didnt want to spend the cash over the gift cards.

Did you already have the gift cards on your account? I preordered the X and added gift cards after the initial order with no problem. When I ordered a 2nd console that was not a preorder they did not take any of the gift cards I added after the initial payment was made. I ended up selling that one to a coworker at cost because I didnt want to spend the cash over the gift cards.
Yes, the gift cards were at the ready for this purchase for at least 3 weeks. When I made the purchase, the total showed the difference charged to my card. When I would check the my orders page, it reflected that. When it shipped, it changed and only showed the credit card as the payment method. My email confirmation also showed the Microsoft account as primary and credit card as secondary.

Looks like Series X may be available at gamestop via all access.  Does the gamepass with this come as redeemable codes that I can stack on my current subscription?

Got an S this afternoon at my local Fred Meyers. Just saw it and snagged it, haven’t really looked up what it is though. All I know is it’s all digital, I’m good with that.

Got an S this afternoon at my local Fred Meyers. Just saw it and snagged it, haven’t really looked up what it is though. All I know is it’s all digital, I’m good with that.
Series S vs Series X: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/compare

Basically, S has half the storage, 1/3 the processing power, no 4k, and no disc drive, but $200 cheaper than X. They're fairly easy to find.

I was hoping they would be available to order online. The hunt continues...

Series S vs Series X: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/compare
Basically, S has half the storage, 1/3 the processing power, no 4k, and no disc drive, but $200 cheaper than X. They're fairly easy to find.

I was hoping they would be available to order online. The hunt continues...
What?? That sounds weak. Thanks for the information. I’ll probably just return it then. I have an Xbox One and can just use gamepass with that.

bread's done
Back