Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the Xbox Series X bundle already sell out at Gamestop? Checked a couple minutes ago, and says "not available". Also haven't seen any updates here or in the Gamestop trade thread, so maybe it's late?

Edit:

Seems to have gone up, after I made this post. However, when trying to add to cart it just loads for a minute then refreshes the cart without actually adding it to the cart. I was hoping to burn through some trade credit, but the way their site is acting I wouldn't be surprised if Gamestop took my trade credit and didn't actually process the sale.

Finally got a Series X, and at retail, non-third-party and non-bundled price! Walmart had stock for a brief sec. Didn't have time to place a second order on my brother's WM account (we want to play Halo together like the old days). Will continue the hunt for him.

I’ve got the farthest ever with MS tonight. Multiple times I’ve managed to get to the review and place order screen without being kicked out. However, when I click on place order, I just get a “try that again” message with
“Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help.
MKRD42qY1k+HxE3K.0.8
Fri, 08 Oct 2021 03:36:45 GMT” as the details.

After like 10 minutes of hitting the pre-order button, I was able to secure the bundle. Can't even access the site anymore, keep getting an "Access Denied" message (blocked for refreshing too many times?).

Used my trade in credit from selling an Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.

Now I'm all set with the XSX and my PS5.

I was refreshing since 10:59 (I am in EST). The link finally went red... cannot add to cart... I did it a thousand times. Sometimes it would have me click "I'm not a robot" and then say not added. Sigh. So much for Pro Members having access an HOUR early. I'll have to check in 45 min to see if some were purposely held back so non Pro could try. fucking bots.

I am a former employee, so I am not surprised at all. But it didn't even last 3 min. Then it popped up again for me at around 11:22 and then gone 3 min later again. I just want it to actually use it damnit! Lol

I never even got a preorder button this time ugh. Waste of $20 for their stupid membership
Someone in Wario64 comment section said you had to log out and log in. I just cleared my history, and relogged in and was able to get to the final checkout page. However, of course by the time I clicked the 'Place Order' button it was too late.

Gamestop's garbage website has only gotten worse. At least in the past it was serviceable, in regards to placing orders. Never had any issues.

Someone in Wario64 comment section said you had to log out and log in. I just cleared my history, and relogged in and was able to get to the final checkout page. However, of course by the time I clicked the 'Place Order' button it was too late.

Gamestop's garbage website has only gotten worse. At least in the past it was serviceable, in regards to placing orders. Never had any issues.
Lol that person was me saying log out and of in lol

If there are any CAGS in Albuquerque looking for a Series S, the Walmart at Academy and Wyoming has 4 in stock. Saw them while I was looking for an item on clearance.

Series S hasn't had stock issues for a while. Saw a couple in my local Fred Meyers the other day.

Not sure why they don't focus more of their resources on the model that has stock issues. Probably wouldn't have this level of disparity, if the S was as powerful as the X, just without the disc drive.

Series S hasn't had stock issues for a while. Saw a couple in my local Fred Meyers the other day.

Not sure why they don't focus more of their resources on the model that has stock issues. Probably wouldn't have this level of disparity, if the S was as powerful as the X, just without the disc drive.
yeah, my costco has had the S in stock for awhile

Probably some of the components in the X are harder to obtain right now than the S ..?

If the put a disc drive in the S they probably would increase the demand for that device.  I suspect many people that like that lower price point need a disc drive to play their existing games.

I feel like I should have kept it in my cart, rather than dropping it and trying to re-add after it said out of stock. Ugh, probably no luck anyways, this one seems WAY more popular than the PS5 bundle drops.

Have any of you successfully ordered an S and an X from Microsoft? They state on the product pages that there is a one console limit per household and I’m wondering if that’s per order, per console, or a total restriction of one. I bought an S over the summer and am hoping I haven’t blocked myself from getting an X from them

Not your exact situation, but I got an X at launch. I've tried to order the Halo LE X as well as an S since then, and I get an error each time that I have reached my limit. So seems like one per...year at least?

For anyone that wants to stock up on MS account balance and play the waiting game for Microsoft Store Target has a 15% off gift card that includes Xbox deal today. No tax (at least for me), and red card gets you 5% more off:

https://www.target.com/p/game-and-grub-gift-card-email-delivery/-/A-84069958?preselect=84055757#lnk=sametab

It takes one extra step from a normal e-gift card. You have to redeem the code Target sends you at the third party and pick how much balance you want from each option, then those will be emailed to you.

IE, you could buy $100 "Games and Grub" card from Target, redeem $75 for Xbox/Microsoft balance and $25 for Grub Hub or whatever else, if you wanted.

For anyone that wants to stock up on MS account balance and play the waiting game for Microsoft Store
Just a warning that the Microsoft Store is completely covered by bots. I wouldn't invest in MS money to get a Series X or Halo Series X.

Have any of you successfully ordered an S and an X from Microsoft? They state on the product pages that there is a one console limit per household and I’m wondering if that’s per order, per console, or a total restriction of one. I bought an S over the summer and am hoping I haven’t blocked myself from getting an X from them
From my experience there hasn't been any limits.

I got a Series S at launch and then got a Series X in December. not saying they haven't added restrictions this year but I had no problem last year

Why does the Best Buy listing for Series X now say “not for individual sale”? Does this mean they are only going to sell the all access version now?

Why does the Best Buy listing for Series X now say “not for individual sale”? Does this mean they are only going to sell the all access version now?
Best Buy has three listings for Xbox Series X:

1) https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-series-x-1tb-console-black/6428324.p?skuId=6428324

2) https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-series-x-1tb-console-black/6478033.p?skuId=6478033

3) https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-series-x-halo-infinite-limited-edition-black/6477938.p?skuId=6477938

1 is the regular listing, 2 is the one that says not for individual sale, and 3 is the Halo LE Bundle.

I don't understand 2. Perhaps it's used internally when they bundle the console with games?

Seems like everyone who ordered a Series X from Walmart on 10/7 (their last online restock) is stuck in delayed order status. Called today to try to get a delivery estimate but the rep didn't know. She emailed me a $15 promo code as an apology. I'll be happy as long as they fulfill my order ^^;

I don't believe they have. Both sites have said currently unavailable from the get go regarding the Halo Series X Edition

has anyone attempted to buy xbox $ from gamestop with trade credit and load up their account with enough to buy an xbox from microsoft.com? I wonder if the odds of getting it from microsoft would be greater than gamestop?

bread's done
Back