Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why not, assuming you already own the One.  I would probably replace that with a PS4 if not so you could play a wider assortment of games.

Is the Xbox Series S paired with an Xbox One VCR for discs, good enough for the non-4K audience on a budget?
Looking at it one way, you are just buying faster load times for some games as there are few exclusives yet.

Also, some newer games just don't run well in general on the VCR with the forced cross gen.

I'd say the Series S would be a good snag.

Hey guys is the series 2 controller worth the coin? Kind of want one or a 1Tb expansion. I need the memory.

IMO storage is more important than a controller you may return 5 times.
Damn they’re that bad out of the box? Since the xbone M$ controller have gotten cheap. My series x controller is very creaky and flexible now

Damn they’re that bad out of the box? Since the xbone M$ controller have gotten cheap. My series x controller is very creaky and flexible now
I got one at launch and gave up after 3. A button didnt want to work on all of them. Others have had issues with bumpers or stick drift. Some have no issues. I've not had any normal controller give me issues yet.

I did not expect this behavior from Amazon Warehouse:

Amazon-Warehouse-Scalps-Xbox-Series-X.png

I don't see why not, assuming you already own the One. I would probably replace that with a PS4 if not so you could play a wider assortment of games.
What about the Xbox One disc based games? I suppose you could trade in all of the non-Xbox One exclusives for PS4 versions.

Looking at it one way, you are just buying faster load times for some games as there are few exclusives yet.

Also, some newer games just don't run well in general on the VCR with the forced cross gen.

I'd say the Series S would be a good snag.
I only know that Cyberpunk might not work. Are there others?

The Xbox Series S would have been a day one purchase recommendation from me, if it would have played at least Xbox One discs. It still confuses me that the Microsoft's budget model doesn't play any Xbox discs.

I get it that Microsoft is trying hard to push Game Pass. Still, what the about that gamer on a submarine or anyone with bad Internet?

Amazon warehouse has been crazy high lately.

So for the Best Buy "All Access" can you pay it off right away and skip the extra costs of financing? If so, what is the final price? It's not clear on their site.

So for the Best Buy "All Access" can you pay it off right away and skip the extra costs of financing? If so, what is the final price? It's not clear on their site.
There is mo interest. You can pay it off at once. It costs the same no matter what. I think it's $840. $500 for console and $15x24 for gpu.
You save $20.

I'm being charged for the console from Citizens Pay, but Best Buy has nothing in the order history for the purchase. This will be fun fighting with them both over this nonsense.

Question, if I have an order for a halo series X at Microsoft, can I buy xbox gift cards from GameStop and use them as my Microsoft balance to pay it off? I think I remember seeing something about it but not 100% sure. Only reason I ask is because I amassed enough credit at GameStop that I could essentially pay it off with gift cards if that’s possible

Dang the Microsoft site preorder for Halo edition went unavailable instantly.  I do not understand how that's even possible.  Shouldn't Microsoft be able to produce these?  Shouldn't there just be a preorder group 2, 3, 4, etc and they give dates of January or Feb to receive?  

Dang the Microsoft site preorder for Halo edition went unavailable instantly. I do not understand how that's even possible. Shouldn't Microsoft be able to produce these? Shouldn't there just be a preorder group 2, 3, 4, etc and they give dates of January or Feb to receive?
the site is so heavily watched by bots its the hardest site to grab one on

Walmart say they are dropping at 3PM today.  When I first went to the site it said 'score this deal at 3pm and it was listed at $499.00, now when I go back they cheapest one is $984.  I wanted to get everything ready for the drop, the is still at 499.00 with the same message.

Walmart say they are dropping at 3PM today. When I first went to the site it said 'score this deal at 3pm and it was listed at $499.00, now when I go back they cheapest one is $984. I wanted to get everything ready for the drop, the is still at 499.00 with the same message.
I'm guessing 3PM Eastern?

My Walmart estimated wait time started at 20 min and stalled out at 10 min about 10 min ago.  Probably no deal for me either.  :(

I got through the line at Walmart only to receive an error loading it into my cart: Sorry! We are having a technical issue adding this item to cart. Please try again later

A few people on nowinstock reported they were able to get one. Their starting place in line at the start was 5-6 minutes. Mine was 39 minutes...

This went oos a while ago. Not sure why WM still showing as add to cart.

I think the people who ordered the Halo Series X bundle will get it sooner than November 15th, or at least I think so. I just got a notification from Amex about the charge from the Microsoft Store.

I think the people who ordered the Halo Series X bundle will get it sooner than November 15th, or at least I think so. I just got a notification from Amex about the charge from the Microsoft Store.
Possibly, MS store also says they charge as soon as 10 days before so that would be today

The S will probably sell very well this holiday... Since it will probably be the only console you might be able to find sitting in the wild.

I've seen a few of them out in the wild over the last few days, saw one at Gamestop and probably 3 or 4 more in a Wal-Mart case. If I didn't have a One X I would probably have grabbed one by now, but reading it's not that big of an upgrade
You will lose 4K if you move to Series S, but you gain faster load times and 60 FPS on compatible games. As someone who has made the jump to 60 FPS, I can say it's painful to try to play certain games at 30 FPS.

If you aren't married to the 4K of the One X and don't mind the small amount of game storage and the lack of a Blu-ray disc drive, I don't think moving to a Series S is a bad idea.

If you have a One X I would just hold out for a Series X since the quality of games obviously matters to you (or you wouldn't have a One X).  Patience is key, you'll definitely get one... in time.

If you have a One X I would just hold out for a Series X since the quality of games obviously matters to you (or you wouldn't have a One X). Patience is key, you'll definitely get one... in time.
Exactly what I'm doing, as long as I can still play Horizon 5 I'll be alright with waiting. Hoping Gamestop has another Pro only sale before BF, got plenty of credit to get one there after all of their promos last month.

Exactly what I'm doing, as long as I can still play Horizon 5 I'll be alright with waiting. Hoping Gamestop has another Pro only sale before BF, got plenty of credit to get one there after all of their promos last month.
I believe the best chance to get at GameStop is if they announce they’ll have them in stores over Black Friday and get there 4 hours before opening.

I believe the best chance to get at GameStop is if they announce they’ll have them in stores over Black Friday and get there 4 hours before opening.
The guy at the Gamestop I was in earlier this week said that the store in the city a couple counties over would have them in store so that's probably what I'll do.

Microsoft is going to flood retail with Xbox Series X for christmas shopping, launching Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite !    get ready!

I hope you are right. One tip for Walmart. You can sign up for Walmart+ on a month to month basis. May be worth it to get a series x or PS5
Make sure you sign up for the paid version, as they're not allowing people with the free trial to access the console's and the early Black Friday deals.

If you have an XboxOneX, and are wondering about picking an S or X, you want the X.     S is nice but you want the good stuff.   Tower of power!

I keep waiting on bestbuy to randomly put up the halo console.  But I'll probably be asleep or it'll be hidden behind their new total tech nonsense.

If I were Microsoft, I would say any authorized retailer that puts hard to find items behind a paywall or tied to a bundle (when hot item is not also available stand alone), will receive less stock.

bread's done
Back