Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this matters but I have game pass ultimate wouldn’t shock me if people with that service got singled out to buy a system.
I don't have game pass, or gold, or ultimate and I've gotten the email. Last had gamepass ultimate over a year ago, and last did a gold trial like 6 months ago

Been trying to get this halo console for so long, and now that I finally have it I find myself thinking. It has the exact same UI as the xb1x I was using. It plays the exact same games and apps. Hard drive is the exact same size. The controllers are 95% the same (what does this new button even do?). Why exactly did I need this so badly? Stuff is a little smoother, prettier, and faster. Is that it? What am I missing?

And now i can't log in to my exes Disney plus anymore :/

#spoiledgamerproblems

Been trying to get this halo console for so long, and now that I finally have it I find myself thinking. It has the exact same UI as the xb1x I was using. It plays the exact same games and apps. Hard drive is the exact same size. The controllers are 95% the same (what does this new button even do?). Why exactly did I need this so badly? Stuff is a little smoother, prettier, and faster. Is that it? What am I missing?
And now i can't log in to my exes Disney plus anymore :/

#spoiledgamerproblems
There are two really big (to me) advantages of the Series X over the One X - many more games play at 60 FPS and the load time is night and day (even compared to playing from a USB SSD on One X).

I think there are a few games that are exclusive to the latest generation, but I can't think of any of them right now.

All I want is this stinking e-mail from Microsoft
Go into your setting in your account online on MS website and enter to receive emails. I went in today and signed up for some of their promotional emails and they sent me the link to buy the Series X today. I just saw the email 5 minutes ago and was able to purchase one. The bundle game that I went with was MK11 Ultimate for $17.99 and the blue shock controller for $49.

I frustratingly can’t get the series x from the email. Everything loads up in my cart, but when I click place order I keep getting an error message about payment issues. I’ve contacted support twice over chat and once over phone and have got three different responses, none of them helpful

I frustratingly can’t get the series x from the email. Everything loads up in my cart, but when I click place order I keep getting an error message about payment issues. I’ve contacted support twice over chat and once over phone and have got three different responses, none of them helpful
what link do you use for customer service? I have been looking for customer service but I always get an automated response.

the link MS emailed me is broken.

thanks.

what link do you use for customer service? I have been looking for customer service but I always get an automated response.
the link MS emailed me is broken.
thanks.
If you’d like to try their terrible awful support, just go to Microsoft.com and click on the blue “need help” button. It starts out automated, but only to sort your request. Once it knows what you need help with it will connect you to a very unhelpful real life agent

I was able to chat and get a partial refund on the controller and game from my Microsoft bundle. Took a while but we got there in the end. Only issue is she only gave me a $14 refund instead of $15 for the game. After 30+ minutes in the chat, I wasn't going to argue over $1.

There are two really big (to me) advantages of the Series X over the One X - many more games play at 60 FPS and the load time is night and day (even compared to playing from a USB SSD on One X).

I think there are a few games that are exclusive to the latest generation, but I can't think of any of them right now.
I think Bright Memory is one.

The CPU in particular should be a huge jump. It may be difficult to notice a difference on that point if most all games are cross-gen for a while though. It is helping in the games that can do 120 FPS, though.

As this post mentions yeah the storage is the same capacity, but *way* faster.

For those still not having any luck with dealing with Customer Service from Microsoft via Phone or Chat especially if the Digital Game you purchased in the Xbox Series X bundle still doesn't show up in your recent purchase for a refund request.

Here's the direct link below to put in the digital game refund request & Make sure you already signed in to your Microsoft / Xbox account. Once you fill in the blanks answering each question in the form, You'll get a confirmation email in your Inbox or Spam folder.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/forms/request-a-refund

the damn camo controller dropped another $5 but they are only able to do a price match one time per item lol

seems a bit strange to have that type of limitation

Anyone able to get a refund for the digital games from Microsoft? Seems like I’m unable to request a refund for the digital game since it doesn’t give me the option anymore even though it’s only been 6 days since purchase.

Anyone able to get a refund for the digital games from Microsoft? Seems like I’m unable to request a refund for the digital game since it doesn’t give me the option anymore even though it’s only been 6 days since purchase.
i have never seen an option to refund just the digital game. the only option was to refund the xbox.

For those still not having any luck with dealing with Customer Service from Microsoft via Phone or Chat especially if the Digital Game you purchased in the Xbox Series X bundle still doesn't show up in your recent purchase for a refund request.

Here's the direct link below to put in the digital game refund request & Make sure you already signed in to your Microsoft / Xbox account. Once you fill in the blanks answering each question in the form, You'll get a confirmation email in your Inbox or Spam folder.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/forms/request-a-refund

i used the link to create a request the other day and I just received an email that they closed the ticket but there is no response whatsoever. Appears that they closed the ticket and decided not to say anything or porcess a refund lol

edit: looks like they closed it before sending the response. Apparently if you previously price matched the item, they can't do anything as they can only do a single refund per item and the price match counts as a refund lol

I've no idea what the change is, but my Series X always turned off my Vizio TV when I shut it down.  It stopped when I got the LG C1.  I got the Halo Series X and it works again.  Does the first time setup help getting that feature to work?  Either way, I'm glad it's back.

It should be a setting on your console and somewhere on your TV. If enabled on both, it should work:

This feature can be turned on and off via the TV & A/V power options settings screen. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Power mode & startup > TV & A/V power options.

Settings have been finnicky for me in the past too. If you also have an AV receiver it might also have options in addition to the TV/console

Will you people just stop trying to refund whatever stuff you get with your bundles and just enjoy the damn system. God, people around here are so picky. Just enjoy your brand new fucking system you paid for.

Will you people just stop trying to refund whatever stuff you get with your bundles and just enjoy the damn system. God, people around here are so picky. Just enjoy your brand new fucking system you paid for. That's what I did.

Will you people just stop trying to refund whatever stuff you get with your bundles and just enjoy the damn system. God, people around here are so picky. Just enjoy your brand new fucking system you paid for. That's what I did.
*Looks at name of website*

*Keeps on scrolling*

The mods need to do a better job of getting rid of these cheap ass gamers so the forum can go back to being a fancy lad safe space again. Yeah the bundle was a little large for my malnourished manservant to walk all the way back to my compound from the gamestop I sent him to across state lines but it was sooo worth it!

Honestly compared to the complaints over in the black Friday about "how trash" this black Friday was, this thread is a endless sea of joy.

My impatient wait for my XSX is not pretty. Eagerly refreshing and watching for movement as that box sits in the same place for a whole day really underscores what a ridiculous child I am.

Happy Holidays?

Honestly compared to the complaints over in the black Friday about "how trash" this black Friday was, this thread is a endless sea of joy.

My impatient wait for my XSX is not pretty. Eagerly refreshing and watching for movement as that box sits in the same place for a whole day really underscores what a ridiculous child I am.

Happy Holidays?
hope it's not fedex as they are always late for me

i used the link to create a request the other day and I just received an email that they closed the ticket but there is no response whatsoever. Appears that they closed the ticket and decided not to say anything or porcess a refund lol

edit: looks like they closed it before sending the response. Apparently if you previously price matched the item, they can't do anything as they can only do a single refund per item and the price match counts as a refund lol
Today I got the 3rd email from Mircrosoft & My full refund back for the digital game I didn't want in that list of games we're required to add to the bundle to buy the Xbox Series X console.

3rd email?
1st one is the confirmation email they send you after filling out the form with your service request number.

2nd one is the Refund Request email with your service request number & Automated "Thanks for contacting Microsoft Support for Xbox", etc.

3rd one is the "We refunded you" email confirming I'll be getting the full refund back on the digital game. (As the funds is back in my acc. already).

1st one is the confirmation email they send you after filling out the form with your service request number.

2nd one is the Refund Request email with your service request number & Automated "Thanks for contacting Microsoft Support for Xbox", etc.

3rd one is the "We refunded you" email confirming I'll be getting the full refund back on the digital game. (As the funds is back in my acc. already).
ah ok, thought you had 3 attempts.

You nerds are slow.  How am I the first person posting about this today at 9:25pm?

xbox-fridge.jpg

You nerds are slow. How am I the first person posting about this today at 9:25pm?

xbox-fridge.jpg
Was this at your local Target? I checked the store locator off the app but no location in my area says there’s any in stock. Did you have that many left at this time of the day?

Stores seem to be packed with those fridges. Saw that my local area got 50/each on launch day. Don't get how they are selling for $150 on eBay but guess people don't want to walk into their stores to see them sitting on the shelf.

EDIT: Both the Target app and BS didn't show the fridge in stock anywhere, but when I went in store, they were there. Asked to check other locations and all of them showed stock. This was days ago though, might be sold out now that Black Friday has past.

Received my Series X from Microsoft.com and sold my XBox One X in like 5min for $300. Can’t believe it sold that quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you sell your One X? I've still got one to unload...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

heads up new series x fellas.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/qvcrdk/brand_new_xbox_series_x_halo_infinite_edition/?sort=new

my Xbox Series X that came in a few days ago freezes and shuts off with every series x version game. a few minutes in anything freezes and closes or I have to shut it off manually. Dashboard works fine and indie games(that i've tried so far) work fine. I am waiting to see if there are any big news for improvement (update) or if this is a gpu/ssd issue (most likely is)

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbox/comments/qvcrdk/brand_new_xbox_series_x_halo_infinite_edition/?sort=new

my Xbox Series X that came in a few days ago freezes and shuts off with every series x version game. a few minutes in anything freezes and closes or I have to shut it off manually. Dashboard works fine and indie games(that i've tried so far) work fine. I am waiting to see if there are any big news for improvement (update) or if this is a gpu/ssd issue (most likely is)
My Xbox is stupid buggy as well and I’ve had it over a year. Random crashes and hdmi issues. Figured it was an Xbox thing. Some of the bugs resolved with updates and others persist.

Mine needs a restart after attempting quick resume sometimes. It's been bad enough that nothing else will open after a failed resume, but a restart fixes it.

After an hour waiting in the Walmart queue I got down to 1 minute and never made it further than that. Refreshed the browser and it took me back to the Xbox page that says the item is out of stock.

This is one of the many reasons I added the optional extended warranty with that XSX bundle. If any problems / issues don't happen within 1 year they're bound to happen sometime quite sooner or later after the warranty expires on the xbox consoles & The 1st OG Xbox console been the only one I never had any issues / problems happening.

Heard about this happening when I seen "Scrubing" posted a video about it a few days ago on YT. Walmart always use FedEx to deliver for them (unless they're in an area where FedEx doesn't deliver).

"One family who lives nearby is missing four packages, including an Xbox. The family said they work too hard for something like this to happen."

“It’s heartbreaking that someone would take advantage of people, when they’re supposed to be delivering kids’ toys to them for Christmas, and people don’t care and would just drop our hard-earned money ... thousands of dollars worth of things just off in a hole. I don’t see what kind of person can do that,” said Andrea Finchum, who is missing packages."

“The price of everything is going up, and we just sit here and work, work, work trying to take care of our families. And you get stuff like this and it’s kind of a slap in the face, that people don’t have the respect for other people’s goods. They just throw them off in a ditch somewhere,” Chris Finchum said."

https://www.fox19.com/2021/11/26/hundreds-fedex-packages-found-alabama-ravine/

Just got my Series X that I bought from Microsoft!  :D/

Need to work though so forcing myself to concentrate for another 7 hours 

To balance this thread... I bought 3 XSX (for myself and friends) and none have had issues.  Mostly launch units - day 1.  I did a similar setup last gen (and myself owned 3 XBONEs across the various models/Xs) and never had a single problem across.  Same with 360 Slim and OG Xbox.  I find MS  (PERSONALLY) to be the most reliable manufacturer these days (Nintendo has slipped a bit of late - though they were the standard).  

My PS4s were mostly solid. PS5 has been a little buggy not to mention likes making some cool noises.  Mass manned electronics are going to have some failures for sure (doubly true with SSD and chip requirements on these guys), it is part of it. But I've never had an issue with MS (knock on wood - didn't do 360 til post RROD).

Was able to grab a Halo XSX, matter of if I want to keep it or gift it this holiday.  (just read that Reddit link - ugh I hope my Halo XSX is good to go)

Happy hunting, CAGs.  

Mine needs a restart after attempting quick resume sometimes. It's been bad enough that nothing else will open after a failed resume, but a restart fixes it.
Same issue as well. Lots of complaints on it. Some people think it’s a hardware issue memory leakage? and others think it’s software.

Haven't had any major issues with my month-old Series X. I'm amazed by how quiet it is. Quick resume tends to not reconnect to multiplayer services, like with Halo Infinite. I end up closing and reopening the game when this happens.

Oh, and when I disconnect the Series X controller from playing wired on my laptop, the controller stays on and powers on the Xbox. Anyone know a workaround for this?

bread's done
Back