Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
To balance this thread... I bought 3 XSX (for myself and friends) and none have had issues. Mostly launch units - day 1. I did a similar setup last gen (and myself owned 3 XBONEs across the various models/Xs) and never had a single problem across. Same with 360 Slim and OG Xbox. I find MS (PERSONALLY) to be the most reliable manufacturer these days (Nintendo has slipped a bit of late - though they were the standard).

My PS4s were mostly solid. PS5 has been a little buggy not to mention likes making some cool noises. Mass manned electronics are going to have some failures for sure (doubly true with SSD and chip requirements on these guys), it is part of it. But I've never had an issue with MS (knock on wood - didn't do 360 til post RROD).

Was able to grab a Halo XSX, matter of if I want to keep it or gift it this holiday. (just read that Reddit link - ugh I hope my Halo XSX is good to go)

Happy hunting, CAGs.
Was not aware of the reddit thread, but just read it and that was enough to convince me to hold off on getting a series x for another year. Sending an nearly $600 item in for a repair right after getting it sounds like a damn nightmare.

Was not aware of the reddit thread, but just read it and that was enough to convince me to hold off on getting a series x for another year. Sending an nearly $600 item in for a repair right after getting it sounds like a damn nightmare.
Seems we have nightmares about different things.

Hopefully mine will work out of the box. If not waiting another two weeks for a repairs would be somewhat inconvenient.

I bought the Xbox One at launch and it's been working great. I feel like MS learned their lesson the Xbox 360. I think I had 3 or 4 Xbox 360s over the years. Luckily all but the last one was replaced by MS. I already waited a year at this point and it seems like the systems are not going to be easily available or discounted anytime soon. Hopefully this generation is reliable.

I've got the Halo console and no big issues yet. BF2042 crashed to dashboard maybe 3 times in a 13 hour Hazard Zone session, which is likely the game.  I've played Outriders, Far Cry 6, AC Valhalla, Flight Sim, Forza Horizon 5, and Halo Infinite with few/no issues since I got the console.

I've never used quick resume though.  I quit every game.  I usually play 1 game at a time and go for achievements.  Quick resume can cause achievement issues (more so in Ubisoft games), so I just don't risk any issues.  The same with quick start for the whole console.  It takes like 15 seconds to boot from a full shut down, so no time lost.

I've got the Halo console and no big issues yet. BF2042 crashed to dashboard maybe 3 times in a 13 hour Hazard Zone session, which is likely the game. I've played Outriders, Far Cry 6, AC Valhalla, Flight Sim, Forza Horizon 5, and Halo Infinite with few/no issues since I got the console.

I've never used quick resume though. I quit every game. I usually play 1 game at a time and go for achievements. Quick resume can cause achievement issues (more so in Ubisoft games), so I just don't risk any issues. The same with quick start for the whole console. It takes like 15 seconds to boot from a full shut down, so no time lost.
That's another great benefit of upgrading... the time to turn on from a full shut-down is just about as fast as quick on with the One or One X. I would run into all kinds of bugs using quick on (or whatever its called)

Microsoft store via xbox console is showing halo edition in stock! I just was able to add to my cart!
Added to cart but cannot check out.
Were you able to check out?
What I can add to my cart is the "Xbox Series X - Halo Infinite Limited Edition Bundle," but if it truly is a bundle it should be asking me to choose the next bits for the bundle but it isn't. I think this might just be an error and we shouldn't be able to add it to the cart like this.

What I can add to my cart is the "Xbox Series X - Halo Infinite Limited Edition Bundle," but if it truly is a bundle it should be asking me to choose the next bits for the bundle but it isn't. I think this might just be an error and we shouldn't be able to add it to the cart like this.
This and halo controller have been up on Xbox for a week, broken.

You nerds are slow. How am I the first person posting about this today at 9:25pm?

xbox-fridge.jpg
Because there's no release date apparently. Stores just get them and put them out when they do. None of my stores have even seen them yet. :S

Haven't had any major issues with my month-old Series X. I'm amazed by how quiet it is. Quick resume tends to not reconnect to multiplayer services, like with Halo Infinite. I end up closing and reopening the game when this happens.
Yeah, quick resume is the most worthless feature this generation because almost all games have some sort of server interaction, even if it's an offline solo game. I'm just in the habit of force closing every game when I'm done with it to avoid headaches later.

The Microsoft Complete Warranty for Xbox is on discount now.  I got 2 years added to my Halo console for $40 instead of $50.

The default warranty was 2 years as well.  I thought it was 1?

Are you saying its 4 years total covert for $40? Where did you find this?
Account.microsoft.com and click devices to register your console and see the default warranty.

microsoftstore.com and click "questions? Talk to an expert" on the blue tab at the bottom to chat and get it purchased. They add 2 years to your warranty for $40. Elite controller costs $20.

Account.microsoft.com and click devices to register your console and see the default warranty.

microsoftstore.com and click "questions? Talk to an expert" on the blue tab at the bottom to chat and get it purchased. They add 2 years to your warranty for $40. Elite controller costs $20.
Is this warranty different from the "Microsoft Complete for Xbox with Accidental Damage Coverage" for up to 3 years for $49, that you can purchase when buying an Xbox?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/microsoft-complete-for-xbox-with-accidental-damage-coverage/8qqn7llmxrzq

The Microsoft Complete Warranty for Xbox is on discount now. I got 2 years added to my Halo console for $40 instead of $50.

The default warranty was 2 years as well. I thought it was 1?
Interesting. My console only has a one year warranty and I bought it from the store on my One X console (i.e., purchased from Microsoft).

Interesting. My console only has a one year warranty and I bought it from the store on my One X console (i.e., purchased from Microsoft).
I could have swore it was 1 year when I registered the console. The rep adding complete had some issues at first, so maybe I got lucky and they tagged a year on it by mistake?

Just ordered the all access from the Best Buy website. Just randomly googled "xbox all access" and the Best Buy site let me place an order and it actually gave me an estimated pickup date. Does anyone know if that means it's for sure that I'll get one?

Just ordered the all access from the Best Buy website. Just randomly googled "xbox all access" and the Best Buy site let me place an order and it actually gave me an estimated pickup date. Does anyone know if that means it's for sure that I'll get one?
I did this a couple of weeks ago. I got my console on the estimated pickup date, no fuss at all. I was shocked at how easy it was.

do you actually have to do this credit check thing or did you pay for it outright? I'd rather the latter than take an unnecessary hit to my credit,if it does.

do you actually have to do this credit check thing or did you pay for it outright? I'd rather the latter than take an unnecessary hit to my credit,if it does.
My understanding is that you have to do the financing; you can pay it off early, but I've never heard of anyone buying it outright without the credit pull and the loan setup.

Seems like a terrible idea to me (even if you don't mind the credit score impact, the savings on GPU available over the last week of deals should show that locking in 2 years of GPU at the current MSRP isn't a great idea), but to each their own.

My understanding is that you have to do the financing; you can pay it off early, but I've never heard of anyone buying it outright without the credit pull and the loan setup.

Seems like a terrible idea to me (even if you don't mind the credit score impact, the savings on GPU available over the last week of deals should show that locking in 2 years of GPU at the current MSRP isn't a great idea), but to each their own.
yeah, i already have 2 years and change of GPU already locked in, so I can afford to wait on that. Dang, that's annoying though. Best Buy still has them in stock too, it seems.

To do All Access you have to do the credit, although once it's set up you can go in and pay it off at once.

Does anyone know if the Halo Infinite Series X is all sold out or any more inventory possible to be released?
The Halo infinite Limited Edition Bundle is showing as available on the store from my console right now. Apologies if this is a glitch or something that I'm not aware of.

It's not on a browser. It's from browsing the store on the console. Go to hardware>consoles and the limited edition bundle gives a price and says I can add it to cart. The others say oos not available. Like I said it could just be glitched. Just figured I'd mention it in case it works for one of you.

Hearing some of you having issues with your Xbox Series X consoles is giving me, Xbox 360 red ring of death flashbacks.  I want that optical drive for my Xbox One/Xbox 360/original Xbox discs, but the Xbox Series S appears more reliable so far.

Hearing some of you having issues with your Xbox Series X consoles is giving me, Xbox 360 red ring of death flashbacks. I want that optical drive for my Xbox One/Xbox 360/original Xbox discs, but the Xbox Series S appears more reliable so far.
Dude, if you have the opportunity and funds get the X. So much better. Double the SSD size and you get to play your xbox/360/xb1 disc games. You also know physical disc sales usually beat digital sales. Plus there are so many gift cards on sale between dollar general and target today. All those savings should make the upgraded purchase easier on the wallet. You know Microsoft gives you a 1 yr warranty and a 2 yr warranty can be had for $40 as described a few posts above. Also some credit cards will double the manufactures warranty. Great time to buy a console if you can snag one.

Ordered one of the Series bundles direct from MS on Nov 28. Already got my controller delivered. Console still shows an estimate of Jan 4. I guess so long as it comes in

I'm a little curious too. I ordered a game from GS recently online for BF and my charge vanished for days, and admittedly I was hoping it would stay that way. I'm guessing this is related?

bread's done
Back