Xbox Slim issues

golfing7861

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
My xbox slim isn't connecting through wifi through my internet, I've tried numerous solutions from the xbox site and even called Microsoft, but as always, they're no help. I keep getting the error- "Wireless Mode Is Not Connected", I got this xbox yesterday, and I'm setting it up for the first time ever. I've already restarted my interne/xbox a few times and it's really making no difference. Please help me guys, thanks!

I have seen that the slim xbox builtin wifi has issues connecting to 5GHz networks. The old external USB wifi adapter suprisingly handles that well.

if the problem isnt with the router ie on that list, it may be possible you got a bunk wireless card. Try hardwiring the connection to see if internet will work on the xbox at all.

Happened to me the other day, make sure the area around the Xbox 360 Slim is clean of debris and no dirt. Not even on the inside of the 360. I got disconnected from xbl, wouldn't connect because it set I needed a wireless network adapter (duh the slim has 1 built in) so I turned the 360 off, cleaned around it and blew air into the 360 (like the old nes cartridges) and turned it back on and it worked fine.

1.) Can you connect to the wifi with other devices?

2.) Does the Xbox find any wifi access points when it scans to find a network? Like a neighbor's wifi or anything?

3.) Does the Xbox connect with a wired connection?

4.) Have you tried resetting both the modem, and router, by unplugging them, counting to 60, and then plugging them back in?

Try the above, and let me know. You can PM me if you want.

[quote name='Pck21']1.) Can you connect to the wifi with other devices?

2.) Does the Xbox find any wifi access points when it scans to find a network? Like a neighbor's wifi or anything?

3.) Does the Xbox connect with a wired connection?

4.) Have you tried resetting both the modem, and router, by unplugging them, counting to 60, and then plugging them back in?

Try the above, and let me know. You can PM me if you want.[/QUOTE]

I ended up moving my modem downstairs and going with a hardwired connection. Thank you for the help. And to answer your questions to make it easier on anybody else, 1. Yes I had it connected to my laptop, 2. 2 other Wifi connections popped up, 3. Yup, wired is working great, and 4. Resetting everything a handful of times and it didn't work.

bread's done
Back