DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Just received a game 3 pack at Wal Mart tonight. Included:

Cars
Open Season
Fuzion Frenzy 2

All 3 for $29.82. Part of the proceeds from the 3 pack go towards a childrens activity fund and all 3 games come in their own case.

Decent deal if you have youngsters running around.

EDIt: OOPS! Fixed a typo. Thanks Jedi!

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I dont think youll come out with much of a profit, if you even get any.

$30 + a possible $5 for each game brings you to $60.00 plus 10% extra Edge card= $66. If you figure in tax from what your buying your getting $2.40.
[\QUOTE]

What if we put it towards a Rock Band preorder? That gets ya 30% extra, doesn't it? Guess it's not a huge help even then...

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I dont think youll come out with much of a profit, if you even get any.

$30 + a possible $5 for each game brings you to $60.00 plus 10% extra Edge card= $66. If you figure in tax from what your buying your getting $2.40.
[/QUOTE]

What if we put it towards a Rock Band preorder? That gets ya 30% extra, doesn't it? Guess it's not a huge help even then...

You just know that these will now be mostly snatched up by slobbering manbabies who (hopefully) will never have anything to do with perpetuating the species.

Hey, points are points for some, I guess.

War Shawn Elliott opening the new "GFW Radio" with a trippy 'beat-rap' track about one of these toads asking a Wal-Mart clerk for this 3-pack, and I'm out!

I had to ask someone at our Best Buy, they had them in the back but hadn't been stocked yet. He said it might be waiting for an end-cap or sort-tag. They put some out in the E section after I asked.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I had to ask someone at our Best Buy, they had them in the back but hadn't been stocked yet. He said it might be waiting for an end-cap or sort-tag. They put some out in the E section after I asked.[/quote]

I was just at BB and they would NOT sell me it since it had a release date of 11/8/07. He thought that it was strange though they had them in stock, yet they couldn't sell them yet.

Oh well, it was for my boss so he'll just have to drive to Wal-Mart and get it there.

Man, i got all excited about this deal. called around to all 3 walmarts in the area and no one knows about this. Is this YMMV?

Had about 5 or 6 of them at my local Wal-Mart. picked one up. Taking all 3 games in at Blockbuster tomorrow if I get the majority of achievements. And will get a profit from it.

:)

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Sorry for the repost. Instead of trading them in at EB/Gamestop this might strike you better:

Open Season $19
Fusion Frenzy $15
Cars $8

Those are Gamerush/Blockbusters trade in values. Youd be getting a $12 profit. $27 if they do the extra $5 per game when you trade in 3 games. But my local Blockbuster has crap for games, so i wouldnt trade them in there..but I do like there dvd selection...........hmmmm[/quote]

GR/BB takes in FF2 even if it has the Not for Resale on the back? (Havn't traded anything into GR/BB as I usually flip stuff at GS.)

[quote name='TomoyoN']GR/BB takes in FF2 even if it has the Not for Resale on the back? (Havn't traded anything into GR/BB as I usually flip stuff at GS.)[/QUOTE]

Honestly I myself do not know yet. The disc itself doesnt have not for Resale written on it, nor the instruction booklet. I took it there today and the guy didnt say anything, of course he couldnt let me trade them in because his manager wasnt there. But I'm going back tommorow when the manager is in. If they dont.oh well. Cars and Open Season still gets me $27. I'm sure I'd get $3 at Gamestop for Fusion frenzy. So I'm still getting my money back.

I picked up Cars separately tonight at Walmart for $19.82, and I'm taking the Family Hits copy of the game from this bundle with my receipt tomorrow for a full refund. So now I have a shiny original release copy of this game that I'll play for 2 days.

[quote name='twen']I picked up Cars separately tonight at Walmart for $19.82, and I'm taking the Family Hits copy of the game from this bundle with my receipt tomorrow for a full refund. So now I have a shiny original release copy of this game that I'll play for 2 days.[/QUOTE]

Only reason I'd see to do that is if you plan on keeping the game. They Family Hits version trades in the same was as the original version.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Only reason I'd see to do that is if you plan on keeping the game. They Family Hits version trades in the same was as the original version.[/QUOTE]

I have 59 games and counting now for the 360. All originals. :> (I count stuff like COD2 GOTY as original; I can't stand Family/Platinum/FAMILY PLATINUM HITS (see Viva Pinata))

EDIT: I don't know why people like to borrow/rent/flip games for easy achievement points -- I like to whore points, but I do it with my own games, on my own time (I wasted 2 hours on Cars and have 0 points -- why? Why not? There's no rush.) I like to boast the fact that I have as many 360 games as there are available PS3 games* (*This value may be wrong but it certainly seems like it)

Dont get me wrong, I used to have over 50 xbox 360 games at once myself...this of course was when I still was employed. lol. Been unemployed for 4 months now. it sucks. Michigan sucks ass for jobs. But that aside. I currently own 35 360 games. 10 of which are sports titles....which I hate sports titles, so they have little to no replay value to me. Than of course are the games that lose all replay value once you beat them/get all the achievements on.............like Cars, Fuzion Frenzy 2, and Open season, lol.

God, Ive taken back:

Two Worlds (beat the game, misisng 4 achievemnts, 2 of which are glitched/unatainable)

Eternal Sonata (2 achievements....but I just didnt enjoy the game. Found it boring,and hated the battle system)

Phantasy Star Universe (Beat. 1000/1000. Not much replay value.)

Viva Pinata (1000/1000. Has some replay value.but not much. was a neat experience)

TMNT (1000/1000. No replay value)

Pirates of the Caribbean (all achievements but 1. Game beat. No replay)

Spider-man 3 (majority of the achievemnets. Game beat. Had some fun with it. Probally the hardest game to give up.)

Fight Night Round 3 (1000/1000. Not into sports games that much.)

Cabaela African Safari (God this game was horrible. Got a few achievemnets but not many)

Eragon (another bad game. Got half the achievements.and said screw it.)

SuperMan Returns (Cheap knockoff of the Spider-Man games.)

King Kong (800/1000. Crap game.)

Def Jam icon (I think I have 700 or 800 something. The majority. Fun at times, but not a keeper.)

Samurai Warriors 2 (Dynasty warriors games will never change. get dull quickly)

Dynasty warriors 4 I believe (see Samurai Warriors)

BulletWitch (rushed. Gameplay is choppy, repetitive, and bland)

Ninety Nine Nights (Like the Dynasty Warriors game.it gets bland rather quick. But I found it more enjoyable than the Dynasty series.)

Prey (all achievemnets but 1. game beat. An average shooter. Why own it when theres halo 3 and Gears of war?)

There are others, but I cant think of any more right now. I would still own them if I had the extra cash, I'm sure, but all theyd be doing is sitting on my shelf.so for right now, this is how I live............

I have all of the achievements on Pocketbike Racer since last year -- haven't played it in forever. But why should I give it up to receive a dime. If someone wanted to play me that game, I'd hold up a dime and be like HERE'S MY GAME. No. Instead, I can go grab the game off my shelf because I decided to keep it.

It looks like you get a lot of games as they come out. I do that with very few. I ended up spending less then $20 each on at least 30 of my 360 games. King Kong for example cost me $1.99 (Oh how I miss you Best Buy February clearance). Where's the loss if I keep it? Where's the gain if I get rid of it?

(I'm not trying to argue, I just hope you see my own reasoning. :))

[quote name='twen']I have all of the achievements on Pocketbike Racer since last year -- haven't played it in forever. But why should I give it up to receive a dime. If someone wanted to play me that game, I'd hold up a dime and be like HERE'S MY GAME. No. Instead, I can go grab the game off my shelf because I decided to keep it.

It looks like you get a lot of games as they come out. I do that with very few. I ended up spending less then $20 each on at least 30 of my 360 games. King Kong for example cost me $1.99 (Oh how I miss you Best Buy February clearance). Where's the loss if I keep it? Where's the gain if I get rid of it?

(I'm not trying to argue, I just hope you see my own reasoning. :))[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, which is why I'm stuck with my sports titles. I'm not trading them in for less than $5.00. thats crazy. I have all 3 BK games too. I wouldnt trade those in anyways..just because there unique. I try to hang on to unique, hard to come by games. Seems like Ive had a few bad happenings with soem of my rare games. Had a friend steal my copy of Suikoden 2 off of me like 6 years ago. Hes moved now, and I havent kept in contact with him since. I cant really prove he stole it, but he always borrowed it off of me, so I put 2 and 2 together there. lol.

Only reason I'm going to trade in this 3 pack is because I'm basically making money off of it. Why not?

As for teh assumption that I buy most of my games new........its pretty much 50/50. Just like you. Out of that list Ive only paid top dollar for Spider-Man 3, TMNT, Eternal Sonata, Two Worlds, and Pirates. Others have been $30 or less.

And 3 of those games you just listed that you bought full price has dropped like a bucket :p

We should play Pocketbike Racer one day.

[quote name='twen']And 3 of those games you just listed that you bought full price has dropped like a bucket :p

We should play Pocketbike Racer one day.[/QUOTE]

Yah thats just me and my luck. lol.Games drop after I buy them new. I'm a big Spidey fan and that was one of the games I was looking forward to this year. Pirates had some nice graphics too it, and Johnny Depp is my favorite actor, so I had to buy that too. As for TMNT...........dont ask. lol That was just a dumb buy.

Send me a Friend request on Live if you want. Wont be on till tomorrow, but maybe we can play something online sometime. Who knows. I'll more than likely be looking for someone to play the new games I'm getting in the next 2 months.

SD Vs. RAW 08
Guitar hero 3
Mass Effect
Scene It

and fyi.those 4 games..........Ill never trade in. You have my word. lol.

Circuit City seems to be wanting to attract the younger audiences with Xbox 360s, as they are advertising a Fuzion Frenzy 2/Open Season/Cars all in one case, and it goes for a pretty solid deal of $29.99. It's said to arrive November 5th at 2PM.

actually here in Hawaii this bundle is available now. I've seen it in Wal Mart, Gamestop, and Best Buy, all selling it for $29.99

[quote name='Beast9287']Circuit City seems to be wanting to attract the younger audiences with Xbox 360s, as they are advertising a Fuzion Frenzy 2/Open Season/Cars all in one case, and it goes for a pretty solid deal of $29.99. It's said to arrive November 5th at 2PM.[/quote]

that helps alot! I've been constantly checking out the walmarts in town. I think i'll have better luck at circuit city! thanks.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Yah thats just me and my luck. lol.Games drop after I buy them new. I'm a big Spidey fan and that was one of the games I was looking forward to this year. Pirates had some nice graphics too it, and Johnny Depp is my favorite actor, so I had to buy that too. As for TMNT...........dont ask. lol That was just a dumb buy.

Send me a Friend request on Live if you want. Wont be on till tomorrow, but maybe we can play something online sometime. Who knows. I'll more than likely be looking for someone to play the new games I'm getting in the next 2 months.

SD Vs. RAW 08
Guitar hero 3
Mass Effect
Scene It

and fyi.those 4 games..........Ill never trade in. You have my word. lol.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait for Scene It. The demo made it horrible looking tho, but only because it was sampling each area.

[quote name='twen']I can't wait for Scene It. The demo made it horrible looking tho, but only because it was sampling each area.[/quote]

Just a heads up, but my walmart had a 360 with the scene it demo running, complete with the special controllers. This was alongside RockBand on the PS3.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbo...GE?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1195204414&sr=8-3
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Fusion Frenzy 2
Cars
Open Season

All retail fees for the three-pack have been waived, meaning that the entirety of each $29.99 purchase goes directly to the ESA Foundation, which raises money to support groups like the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Penny Arcade's Child's Play event, and HopeLab, the developers behind the serious game Re/Mission.
[/FONT]

[quote name='scrapple']All retail fees for the three-pack have been waived, meaning that the entirety of each $29.99 purchase goes directly to the ESA Foundation, which raises money to support groups like the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Penny Arcade's Child's Play event, and HopeLab, the developers behind the serious game Re/Mission.[/QUOTE]

Nice, so I can definitely tell people I've already donated $30 to charity this year. :)

bread's done
Back