Xbox360 Black/Red Controllers w/play and charge kit $41.99 at amazon. FREE shipping

I have been using Enegizer rechargeable batteries since I got my 360 about 3 years ago. I have heard from personal friends and online sources that that play and charge kit doesn't hold up too well. That the MS battery packs loose their charge capacity pretty quick and such. I have heard good things about the official "quick charge" kit that charges in about 2 hours. But IIRC doesn't a fast charge kill your battery pack faster? What is honestly the best battery solution?

I've had an MS play and charge kit for about 1 yr now, works great. I used a Nyko PNC kit before and it stopped working about 6 months later. That's why I got the official one the second time.

Some of my friends say the play and charge kits loose there strength over time, but honestly mine is just starting to loose it's strength after 2 years of constant use. It still holds a charge for a few hours which is good, but not as good as it did when I first got it. The other one I bought like 6 months ago, it's still going pretty strong. The thing with rechargeable batteries is that they loose power after so many uses. It's a common thing. I like my play and charge kits, and now I have a 3rd one when this one comes in.

Also, with the quick charge kit, you need to have a charged battery in order to play if your battery is dead. The play and charge kit allows you to charge while you play...hence the name lol.

Thanks op, I was about to pull the trigger on the red one two days ago and didn't get around to it, so this is great. :)

I remember my first official MSFT charge kit and battery packs. The main charging unit made this horrible grinding sound when plugged in, which was defective. MSFT wouldn't do anything about it, a rep said they could "care less" about warranties on accessories and to go buy a new one. I think this also killed the battery pack, as it never lasted more than 20 minutes. So, NEVER AGAIN! I'll stick to AA batteries of any sort. Seem to last a solid month w/ an average of an hour gaming daily.

I've been wanting a red controller for a while now... already have two Play-N-Charge kits but I might have to go for this. Thanks!

I use eneloop batteries and they work so well. I don't really have any interest in the play and charge kit but with this set being only 4 bucks more than the controller alone I think I'll bite! In for the red one.

The Play and Charge kit I hear has some problems, but the controllers with the kit isn't too bad of a price. I would jump if I needed some solid controllers for a good price.

sweet deal, i'm in for the red one, thanks OP...

and if worse comes to worse, ebay the rechargable battery pack and cable, and in the end the controller is still dirt cheap for a new one...

bread's done
Back