Xbox360 Console deal wanted.

MrKing

CAGiversary!
I was informed by my oldest son, who moved out 2 weeks ago, that his Xbox360 just gave him a RROD. He said that there wasnt any error number on the screen or anything at all. So, Im here looking for a great deal on a Xbox360 FAT console as he has hard drives for them, already.

His birthday is coming up in a few weeks so i thought id see what I could find. any help is appreciated.

I'm assuming the system is out of warranty, so you/he might as well attempt a self-repair. That would cost $30 or less.
You might be able to find someone willing to get rid of one for cheap but you'll have to take their word it works properly. Best of luck.

Use google product search to see if a Sears near you has an Arcade on clearance for $50, or an Elite for $100. Otherwise Gamestop sells a refurb for $100.

@ Mking- Do u live in the MD area? I have a xbox 360 elite (black console)

I got a new xbox 360 slim and my bro got a ps3, so i dont really need this extra console.

This console was send in to be repaired at microsoft because the 360 could not read game disc( It would state "open disc tray, etc) Overall it's a great console. I have the receipt from best buy. If u interested, PM me.

Thanks.

[quote name='TheBull2911']MrKing, I have had success repairing my RR XBox following the steps in this tutorial. If you or your son are a little handy it might be worth an hour or so of your time.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/ring_of_light_x-clamp_fix.htm[/QUOTE]

I have had temporary success using a method that doesn't require drilling the case and anchoring the motherboard to it while using llamma's baking procedure.

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/263/62/

My console has gotten the RRoD about 5 times, repairing the same way after each, since I've been doing self-repairs.

I have decided to drill my case, following the llamma tutorial. So, I was wondering if you could provide me with an idea as to the success of this repair method. How long has your 360 remained operational?

Also, was there anything in your experience that you learned and might have liked to know going into the repair process, e.g., the drilling of the case or the amount of thermal compound to use.

Thank you for your time and any advice you can provide.

[quote name='toiletham']I have had temporary success using a method that doesn't require drilling the case and anchoring the motherboard to it while using llamma's baking procedure.

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/263/62/

My console has gotten the RRoD about 5 times, repairing the same way after each, since I've been doing self-repairs.

I have decided to drill my case, following the llamma tutorial. So, I was wondering if you could provide me with an idea as to the success of this repair method. How long has your 360 remained operational?

Also, was there anything in your experience that you learned and might have liked to know going into the repair process, e.g., the drilling of the case or the amount of thermal compound to use.

Thank you for your time and any advice you can provide.[/QUOTE]

Sent PM...

My friends 360 was recently stolen from his car, and he is looking for a good deal on a new console, not used. As of now only deal I know of is the buy a computer thing. Which he honestly does need a new pc, but I don't think he will be buying one soon. So are there any other deals on new 360 consoles?

bread's done
Back