Xbox360 Premium for $288 or less @ Car Toys WA/OR/CO/TX

marten

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
And no, I'm not kidding. One of my friends called me to tell me that they had clearanced out 360's due to not selling them at all. They ring up 287.98, and if somehow you can talk them into a bit of a "discount" for being clearance, you can score one for approximately $260.

As always, YMMV, because he said there were less than 100 left in the company. If you're lucky enough to score one, congratulations.

[quote name='SpazX']damn I would jump on that...[/quote]

Yeah, no kidding. Too bad I already picked up an elite at launch, or I'd be over this one too.

Just called one up.. They are indeed on clearance, but they stated it was a 'Core' unit for $290. I'll drop by and check it out on the way home.

[quote name='grazzt']Just called one up.. They are indeed on clearance, but they stated it was a 'Core' unit for $290. I'll drop by and check it out on the way home.[/quote]

It's a premium. I'm looking at one as we speak. (bought one for some reason...just don't know why.)

Last I checked, cores don't come with hard drives ;)

[quote name='marten']It's a premium. I'm looking at one as we speak. (bought one for some reason...just don't know why.)

Last I checked, cores don't come with hard drives ;)[/quote] Buy a couple more and send them to california! Heh, just kidding, I already bought one during the mircrocenter deal. This is awesome for the people who live near that store though.

[quote name='trip1eX']Not on clearance in CO. I went there and the cashier rang it up and it's full price.[/quote]

Well damn. If it'd help, I can probably get a copy/picture of the price tag.

[quote name='marten']Well damn. If it'd help, I can probably get a copy/picture of the price tag.[/quote] Hmmm maybe it's just a deal at the store near you?

[quote name='kensterdotnet']Hmmm maybe it's just a deal at the store near you?[/quote]

That's what I was thinking, but I called the stores in Tacoma and Southcenter, and they both said it was 287.98 as well.

Maybe a statewide sale? I don't know.

Tempting, since I've been through 3 refurbed Xbox 360's since my original launch system. But I decided since I first heard about the Elite, that will be my next Xbox system. And I'll get it at EB so I can get the warranty and get a BRAND NEW ONE (no more refurbs) if the Elite fails.

Doesn't mean I'm not SORELY tempted to head north or south for one of these though... :)

[quote name='marten']Yeah, no kidding. Too bad I already picked up an elite at launch, or I'd be over this one too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got an Elite too, but had I known this was coming I'd have waited. I'm in OR and see those stores but never even thought of going to one. I'm not sure I should though, as I'd probably pick one up like you did for no good reason :rofl:.

[quote name='marten']That's what I was thinking, but I called the stores in Tacoma and Southcenter, and they both said it was 287.98 as well.

Maybe a statewide sale? I don't know.[/quote]

Did they have these in stock in the Tacoma one? So what's the warranty on a brand new premium? I'm still not sure if i want to risk buying another 360, the one i have right now freezes on all the new games...

[quote name='rcaido']Did they have these in stock in the Tacoma one? So what's the warranty on a brand new premium? I'm still not sure if i want to risk buying another 360, the one i have right now freezes on all the new games...[/quote]

Didn't ask about stock, just pricing.

Warranty is 12 months through Microsoft. There was also a little postcard-type thing in the box for the option to extend it to 24 months for 60 bucks.

Weird that they even carry 360s. They didn't have a single one visible on the floor. They must carry them only for mounting in cars.

[quote name='trip1eX']Weird that they even carry 360s. They didn't have a single one visible on the floor. They must carry them only for mounting in cars.[/quote]

That's what I'm guessing as well. I doubt they do very well in a car environment, though.

Small update: Called the Littleton, CO store this morning, and it does indeed ring up as 287.98, so it is NOT a regional sale. I was told it was company wide.

[quote name='merkman']Tempting, since I've been through 3 refurbed Xbox 360's since my original launch system. But I decided since I first heard about the Elite, that will be my next Xbox system. And I'll get it at EB so I can get the warranty and get a BRAND NEW ONE (no more refurbs) if the Elite fails.

Doesn't mean I'm not SORELY tempted to head north or south for one of these though... :)[/QUOTE]
You just made it easy for me to pass on this deal :lol:

I might still call and see whats going on though at the store in my city.

Just a thought, but If they don't sell these, they might bring 'em to one of their car audio mega sales that they hold at safeco field (MLB team stadium) or some huge parking lot which usually occurs during the summer. I always hear about these things on the radio. They usually will wheel and deal with you at these things cause they're trying to move product. Possiblity of further discount or free speakers w/ purchase later on?

This sounds awesome - too bad I used to live in Olympia where there was a Car Toys down the street. There aren't any too close to my location (Bellingham) or else I'd pick one up for a friend.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Just a thought, but If they don't sell these, they might bring 'em to one of their car audio mega sales that they hold at safeco field (MLB team stadium) or some huge parking lot which usually occurs during the summer. I always hear about these things on the radio. They usually will wheel and deal with you at these things cause they're trying to move product. Possiblity of further discount or free speakers w/ purchase later on?[/quote]

Not likely.. their stock is extremely limited. I checked in on a store today and they had 2 which I picked up. Once the employees found out how much they were going for, they said they were going to transfer stock in from other stores for themselves. This won't last long enough to get clearanced out further, in my opinion.

[quote name='grazzt']Not likely.. their stock is extremely limited. I checked in on a store today and they had 2 which I picked up. Once the employees found out how much they were going for, they said they were going to transfer stock in from other stores for themselves. This won't last long enough to get clearanced out further, in my opinion.[/quote]

Wondered why the employees weren't buying them in the first place. Nice score, though. Glad someone else could get in on this deal.

I'd totally jump on this deal if I lived in WA/OR/CO/TX. I've been wanting to get a 360 at a good price for a while now.

[quote name='marten']Wondered why the employees weren't buying them in the first place. Nice score, though. Glad someone else could get in on this deal.[/quote]

they didn't even know at the store i went to. :)

If anybody wants to grab me one I'll happily reimburse you for the time/cost and maybe throw some extra swag your way. Awesome deal.

Apparently it works in Texas also, at least so far. My bro-in-law stopped by the Hurst one and paid for one - they said they'd ship it there from another branch. Thanks for posting!

[quote name='rowe']Anyone have any luck in Texas with this? I'll try calling later when I get a chance to see.[/QUOTE]

Ill confirm that. Me and a bud went to Dallas and stopped by the Car Toys there. There was ONE 360 left over, for whatever reason. When he rang it up "No way, dude. That cant be right" Has anyone experienced this before? its a cool feeling. He also made a national check wit the other stores and he said there are some left over.

Anyways, I didnt purchase it. My xbox backlog is too great to go 360 all over the place. Im waiting for the new 360 that cheapy keeps talking about with the smaller processor and quieter fans. Does anyone know about this one in particular?

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Ill confirm that. Me and a bud went to Dallas and stopped by the Car Toys there. There was ONE 360 left over, for whatever reason. When he rang it up "No way, dude. That cant be right" Has anyone experienced this before? its a cool feeling. He also made a national check wit the other stores and he said there are some left over.

Anyways, I didnt purchase it. My xbox backlog is too great to go 360 all over the place. Im waiting for the new 360 that cheapy keeps talking about with the smaller processor and quieter fans. Does anyone know about this one in particular?[/quote]

Hopefully, it'll be the first XBox model that doesnt shit all over itself after a few months of casual or hardcore usage. The smaller processor and quieter fans are supposed to be used in all models starting in October.

~HotShotX

Man! even 260 is too much for me right now. curses!

for those in seatown here's the locations

North Seattle 12815 Aurora Ave N Seattle, WA 98133 206-364-5534 5 Totem Lake 12636 Totem Lk Blvd Kirkland, WA 98034 425-814-0820 7 Lynnwood 3910 196th St. SW Lynnwood, WA 98036 425-778-2726 7 Seattle 307 Broad Street Seattle, WA 98121 206-443-2726 9 Bellevue 13804 NE 20th Bellevue, WA 98005 425-643-2726

Thanks OP, buddy of mine picked one up at the Humble, TX location...he has been a hold out for a while, but I think the price and Forza 2 put him over the edge...

bread's done
Back