Xbox360 Quick Charge Kit (Black) (includes rechargeable battery pack) $15 FS @buy.com

syd3n

CAGiversary!
http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-qu...rgeable-battery-pack/q/loc/108/217184183.html

Other vendors (through Amazon) are also selling for $14.99, but Buy.com is the only one I see that is selling with Free Shipping.

Price:$14.99 + FREE SHIPPING

Ships from/sold by TigerDirect

217184183.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting. I would have jumped on this 3-4 years ago, but after my MS rechargeable battery pack stopped working after a few months and very few charge cycles, I switched to rechargeable AAs and never looked back.

Hmm, decisions...I've been looking for this for awhile at a decent price, but lately have been eyeing an eneloop charger instead...

[quote name='gantt']Thanks for posting. I would have jumped on this 3-4 years ago, but after my MS rechargeable battery pack stopped working after a few months and very few charge cycles, I switched to rechargeable AAs and never looked back.[/QUOTE]

agreed. I spend so much time fighting with my Microsoft play and charge kit to charge the stupid battery pack and the light goes green but the battery is certainly not fully charged in that 30 second span. Sometimes 1st party products suck too.

[quote name='hotstud19us']Yeah the play and charge kits are crap. The quick charge kit is worth it though[/QUOTE]
This.
I had battery packs not charge or barely charge with the play and charge cable. Once I got the quick charger, the packs all worked and held a charge for more the a hour. Definitely worth it IMO

[quote name='spectre666']This.
I had battery packs not charge or barely charge with the play and charge cable. Once I got the quick charger, the packs all worked and held a charge for more the a hour. Definitely worth it IMO[/QUOTE]
how long have u owned it?

[quote name='ets']how long have u owned it?[/QUOTE] Around a year. I got it from Amazon for $20 I think it was. I had put some of my packs in that wouldn't even attempt to charge via the cable and they worked again.

[quote name='gantt']Thanks for posting. I would have jumped on this 3-4 years ago, but after my MS rechargeable battery pack stopped working after a few months and very few charge cycles, I switched to rechargeable AAs and never looked back.[/QUOTE]

The rechargeable battery pack that came with my Silver transforming D-pad controller never lasted very long, so I've just been going thru a huge pack of Duracell AAs I got from BJs.

My PS3 controllers seem to hold a charge for longer and charging them by USB is much more convenient.

Enerloop rechargeable AA's FTW. The battery packs are crap and lose their charge pretty quickly over time. Rarely, you'll find ones that aren't crap.

Anyone besides me use AA's because they like the weight of the controller better?

Forget because it has been a while since I used the rechargeable pack, but I think the controller is much lighter with AA's.

im a fan and user of the play and plug kit, knowing that the battery packs lose their charge after a few months i just play with it plugged in and undock when i need to get a drink etc. not a fan of this so much, rechargable batteries would be better. There's a thread somewhere showing performance scales and recommendations.

don't remember the brand that was the best overall but it wasn't duracell or energizer that's for sure.

The MS battery pack is not built for longevity. I've been lucky to get a year out of them, and that was after exclusive recharging with the QuiCkCharge kit. You are better off buying quality AA rechargeables.

[quote name='Nailbunny']The MS battery pack is not built for longevity. I've been lucky to get a year out of them, and that was after exclusive recharging with the QuiCkCharge kit. You are better off buying quality AA rechargeables.[/QUOTE]

Is there any you would recommend?

Even though the deal is dead, though I'd chip in my experience. I've had a play and charge for a few years and never really had an issue with charging - it does misreport as good if I power on the console but I just unplug and plug back in and I get several days of casual use out of the charge.

[quote name='Daver88']For those of you interested in getting into the rechargeable AA battery scene, I can't express enough how happy I am with the two products below.

Charger
http://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Techno...D4/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1330448997&sr=8-19

Batteries
http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-eneloop...1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1330449152&sr=1-1-catcorr

They go on sale every once in a while too.[/QUOTE]

God damn! $80+? I thought this was cheap ass gamer lol. I get 30 AA at Shop Rite for like $5 or $6 when they on sale. Lasts me the year usually. I don't play as much as I used to.

EDIT: May be a bit off on the price. It has been so long since I bought AA's. But a year ago I bought something like 48-60 AA's very cheap at Shop Rite and I've been good since.

Anybody have any luck getting their quick charge kit yet? I ordered one last Tuesday and the order is still being processed. Good job TigerDirect.

TigerDirect called to notify me that they were canceling my order. They were supposedly OOS before I placed my order. I placed my order before I started this thread on CAG...so some, if not all, of you who ordered the item might get the same call.

Lesson learned: stay away from TigerDirect...now I know first hand.

I have the Lacrosse charger (BC 700) and Eneloop batteries and I couldn't be happier as well. The Lacrosse charger is much easier to use than you think.

I am actually using a very cheap set of regular nimh batteries with my 360 controllers and honestly I get like 30-45 hours out of the controller, it takes me several weeks to play that much, certainly much more than a couple days of casual use. So by that you should be able to put any cheap rechargable batteries you have laying around into the 360 controller and have it last for a very long time.

I think the trick to rechargable batteries is not the batteries but the charger, if you get a good charger like the LaCrosse charger and use it properly and use it to refresh your old batteries then you should be in good shape unless the refresh doesn't work, then its time to buy new batteries.

The only problem with Eneloop batteries is they don't sell them in stores around where I live. You can of course, get them from Amazon. We don't have a Costco, whom does sell eneloop batteries but useless for me as they are not in my area. I go to Sam's club but they only sell Energizer rechargable batteries and I will NEVER buy those again, WORST batteries ever made!

I like eneloops so much that I invested in that glitter 8 pack that is available on Amazon.

If you are desperate and can't find Eneloops the best rechargables sold in most stores are the Ray O Vac Platinum, I think they are a Kiwi green color in a white package. Don't get the other packages of Ray O Vac as they aren't good.

The Duracell's sold in stores aren't good either, I have no idea what happened to Duracell's line of pre-charged batteries (Duracell pre charged batteries are just rebranded eneloops, look for the ones with the white tops) but they seem to have disappeared from all stores in my area. They only seem to have regular NiMh now, which don't hold a charge for very long.

If you want some really cheap batteries Big Lots has some Polaroid rechargable batteries for $6 a pack, they are NOT eneloops though will not be nearly as good, however if you already have a fancy charger sitting around then they might work for you if you are strapped for cash and can't afford to order some eneloop's from Amazon.

bread's done
Back