Xenoblade Chronicles + black Classic Controller Pro $64.99 from ShopNintendo

[quote name='theflicker']I think that's what he means by a special box. As opposed to just saran wrapping the two items together.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no. Look at the post below yours, buddy. kthx

[quote name='nitman99']Sent an email to Nintendo customer service about if it comes in limited edition packaging. Here was my response:

Thanks for contacting us. In answer to your question, the Xenoblade Chronicles game and Classic Controller Pro accessory are shipped together, but there isn't a unique box or any special packaging. The benefit of buying the bundle is that you save $5.00 by buying the game and controller together. They come in the standard packaging.

Looks like I'll stick with my Gamestop preorder.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sending the email and providing details.

[quote name='nitman99']Sent an email to Nintendo customer service about if it comes in limited edition packaging. Here was my response:

Thanks for contacting us. In answer to your question, the Xenoblade Chronicles game and Classic Controller Pro accessory are shipped together, but there isn't a unique box or any special packaging. The benefit of buying the bundle is that you save $5.00 by buying the game and controller together. They come in the standard packaging.

Looks like I'll stick with my Gamestop preorder.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting. Any benefit of the bundle goes away as they charge for shipping so it's not really a deal either way.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']just wondering, is this game better with a classic controller?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing yes. RPGs in general are better handled with a normal controller anyway. Motion controls are best for shooters/party games/kart games.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']just wondering, is this game better with a classic controller?[/QUOTE]
I'm curious for some in-depth first hand reports as well. I have no idea what the controls are but from what I've gathered you don't sacrifice any control with either control scheme. This isn't like Twilight Princess where Wiimote loses camera control, though it's likely less natural than the traditional right analog stick. Surprisingly I've actually heard that a lot of people prefer Wiimote + Nunchuk. And no, Gamecube controllers are not compatible.

[quote name='keine']Yeah, no. Look at the post below yours, buddy. kthx[/QUOTE]

Uh, ok. That's still what he meant, buddy. Kthx.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Can I use a Gamecube controller when playing Xenoblade? Or is it Wii remote or classic only?[/QUOTE]From what I've seen, it's Wiimote + Nunchuck & Classic Controller/Pro only. GCN controller won't work.

Is this game going to be a lot better with the classic controller? I was thinking of just using a gamecube controller.

[quote name='Vinny']Thanks for posting. Any benefit of the bundle goes away as they charge for shipping so it's not really a deal either way.[/QUOTE]

curious but how much was shipping?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']curious but how much was shipping?[/QUOTE]

IIRC it's $5 for shipping.

[quote name='eau']I'll stick to my GameStop preorder for the bonus artbook.[/QUOTE]

Saw the artbook a min ago in GS. Disappointing... About 5x9 x 1/5 in, softcover, baseball card type material.

[quote name='tranceFusion']Is this a "random encounter" rpg?[/QUOTE]

It looks like you can easily see enemies from a good distance.

[quote name='Setherial']So anyone order this from nintendo? Did it come in a limited edition box bundled together? Or did it come separate?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo already stated there is no special box, just the controller in its regular box and the game separately.

[quote name='smcmanus1980']Saw the artbook a min ago in GS. Disappointing... About 5x9 x 1/5 in, softcover, baseball card type material.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's pretty sweet.

[quote name='FQRizzo']Actually, it's pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty far from being sweet. Only a child would think otherwise.

[quote name='Nintendonly']It's pretty far from being sweet. Only a child would think otherwise.[/QUOTE]

lmao that's a pretty good impression of the idiots who are talking poorly of the art book.

[quote name='SW4J']lmao that's a pretty good impression of the idiots who are talking poorly of the art book.[/QUOTE]

haters-gonna-hate-7.jpg

[quote name='adamical']Anybody else's Xenoblade order through Nintendo get backordered? I wonder if they're going to send me a copy at all.[/QUOTE]

Mine was backordered and I ordered in March. So I called Nintendo, cancelled, and bought it at Gamestop instead. Glad I made that decision as I managed to pick up an extra art book!

bread's done
Back