Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition $89.99 - Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy

Any chance it's just formatted oddly? I imagine it would actually be hard to find memory chips for such a small capacity since everything is so large these days. The odds any manufacturer is still making something so ridiculously small is kinda low.Definitely hugely disappointed with how the USB looks compared to the images provided when the pre-order was announced. It looks almost like a knockoff instead of a legit product.
It's nintendo, leave it to them to find a way to make the USB as cheap and useless as possible. I like that it feels like a heavy, metal USB, but the actual connecter for it is abysmal. I felt like it was going to break when I tried to plug it in.

Mine came very well packed in an adequately sized box from Best Buy and it was still trashed on one of the corners. The box quality is really cheap and just seems prone to this kind of damage. I'm not looking forward to Fire Emblem. Glad I have an extra ordered just in case.

Just got mine. It came in a box with no padding, just an offer pamphlet for some ink cartridges. One of the corners was a tiny bit crushed, but i'm still very satisfied with the condition it arrived.

Now to get some shut eye to get ready for a serious XCX weekend marathon.

haha Game Informer gave Xenoblade X a review score of 7.25.  I really wonder what they game would have gotten if it was being distributed by them, Gamestop, like the Xenoblade Chronicles (9.5/10).   I think their review scores are funny.

Got pretty lucky and they sent the BBY I went to one copy of the Special Edition and it wasn't preordered or anything so I scooped it up. The box wasn't in immaculate condition either for whatever it's worth. Wasn't horrible though.

Recieved mine today from bestbuy.com.  Shipped in a bubble mailer.  The box was pretty beat to hell.  I sent Best Buy a very kind email about the way the item was packaged.   I will be returning it.   Thankfully I pre-ordered a back-up from GS (that I planned on cancelling) just in case this happened.   I will go and pick that up later. 

Mine also came in a bubble mailer from Best Buy.  I guess I should be glad it's still in one piece but it's badly damaged.  I used to feel like an idiot for ordering multiples of CEs to get an undamaged one when they'd all come in fine and now I feel like an idiot for only ordering one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy shipped mine yesterday, but tracking hasn't updated since. Won't die if it doesn't show up today, but it's been a while since something from them hasn't shown on release day.

Mine was shipped in a box, air pack in the box, survived the trip completely intact.

Between Amazon and Best Buy, I've had much better luck with Best Buy shipping only single DVDs/BDs/video games in a bubble mailer and everything else going in a box.

Mine was shipped in a box, air pack in the box, survived the trip completely intact.

Between Amazon and Best Buy, I've had much better luck with Best Buy shipping only single DVDs/BDs/video games in a bubble mailer and everything else going in a box.
It's usually the same for me. Amazon is usually the one to do things like shipping everything it can fit in a bubble mailer. I think this is the first time I've had this issue with Best Buy (other than Amiibo). I guess it could be because of seasonal employees.

Recieved mine today from bestbuy.com. Shipped in a bubble mailer. The box was pretty beat to hell. I sent Best Buy a very kind email about the way the item was packaged. I will be returning it. Thankfully I pre-ordered a back-up from GS (that I planned on cancelling) just in case this happened. I will go and pick that up later.
Good luck at GS. I just came from getting mine, and out of 5-6 copies left, I got the last one that wasn't damaged. They had a box stuffed with games, and the LE bundles where in with those, and no kind of packaging at all. Hopefully not all GS locations will have this issue, but I would imagine several will.

For all the grief Best Buy gets, they sure shipped this Marth Amiibo (my second one, next to Ike) that I paid under $8 for pretty nice. 

Still waiting on the game, though. 

4ABE3333-E696-4D2D-B4C5-CE52878C8E4A_zps839zfi93.jpg

Got mine from Best Buy - stupid thing was shipped in a bubble mailer and predictably came in crappy condition. I'll be sending an email asking for a partial refund or something.

Got mine today shipped from Best Buy in a bubble mailer. One corner was mashed in, and there was slight pinching on the other end. The rest of the surface is clean, so overall, not terrible, but far from perfect. It feels like soft paper that is very prone to damage.

I haven't opened it yet, as I may wait and see if it pops up in any stores for an exchange. Might also try reaching out to Nintendo support, and see if they have replacement boxes.

Got mine today from UPS. Best Buy shipped mine in a box, pretty much the size of the CE itself. A couple small creases in the upper top right of the back of the box/near the corner around the spine area, a small crease on the spine itself right above the title and a small line crease near the title on the left side of the box on the front. Compared to the rest of the horror stories I've read in here, I can live with that. Looks pristine otherwise! :)

Now this is amazing. It looks exactly like an oversized SNES box! Takes me right back to the good old days! LOL! Just beautiful... :'). Other that this not having the complete OST on the USB and no steelbook, I literally have no complaints with this CE.

Mine came today boxed and packed nicely, but there is a small crease on the lower front left corner. Nothing to be upset about though. Happy to have the game in my possession. 

Got mine in a box, well packed in great condition also. I get lucky with most of my BB orders I guess.

It's nintendo, leave it to them to find a way to make the USB as cheap and useless as possible. I like that it feels like a heavy, metal USB, but the actual connecter for it is abysmal. I felt like it was going to break when I tried to plug it in.
Maybe these are the industry-leading chips that will be in the NX

I'd feel pretty gyped for this SE if it wasnt for this sexy ass artbook. I'd read more of it, but apparently theres big spoilers somewhere in it.

I'd feel pretty gyped for this SE if it wasnt for this sexy ass artbook. I'd read more of it, but apparently theres big spoilers somewhere in it.
Honestly, that is what sold me. That and this is Xenoblade and the SEs are currently sold out.

I buy guides just for the art found in this SE.

Like I said before, this might be one of those things that is more sought after down the road.

Honestly, that is what sold me. That and this is Xenoblade and the SEs are currently sold out.

Like I said before, this might be one of those things that is more sought after down the road.
Yeah. Considering its Nintendo and a somewhat niche game ontop of that, I feel like it won't get restocked outside of cancellations.

Damn bro. Maybe complain on the forums or something? Not sure how much help the phone line would be, I tend to have better success there.

Damn dude. that one hurts. I think your best best is return and get regular Ed. i would also call bestbuy since i dont think you can get a replacement they should give a gift card to help fix the problem.

So, it came like this. Sadly, it got hit real bad. Any advice? Never had to deal with this before. From BB.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6_9A90cUk[/youtube]

"Sounds broken."
"Most likely. I bet it was something nice, though."

Holy shit, they played football with your package. Mine came from Best Buy mint in a box that was slightly bigger than the game itself. Guess I got lucky.

Ugh I think I'm having trouble with my ups order and really hope I ain't going to have to contact ups and best guy.

Shipped on Wednesday Scheduled for delivery today and ups just dropped off some other packages but not the Best Buy one even though it still show delivery for today yet on status it shows in transit and no update since a origin scan yesterday morning

Ugh I think I'm having trouble with my ups order and really hope I ain't going to have to contact ups and best guy.

Shipped on Wednesday Scheduled for delivery today and ups just dropped off some other packages but not the Best Buy one even though it still show delivery for today yet on status it shows in transit and no update since a origin scan yesterday morning
It should say out for delivery if it's going to be delivered that day. Also, I've had days where two different UPS trucks deliver two different packages, so just because one came doesn't mean your package won't arrive later. They come from different hubs.

So, Best Buy is shipping me another one. It should arrive here by Jan. 8. Have to send original one back when I get it. 

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. And I'm totally playing the game in the mean time. 

So, Best Buy is shipping me another one. It should arrive here by Jan. 8. Have to send original one back when I get it.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. And I'm totally playing the game in the mean time.
Atleast you can keep it till it comes. Not a bad deal.

Surprised they have extras though, wonder if those are gonna go up for sale

Well, mine came from Best Buy in a flimsy envelope and it is smashed on one side (and a little on the other side as well) as would be expected with such packaging.

Looking up thread: I see this is an issue... I guess I could call but I'm not sure I even want to bother.  I might just return it.

I mean, mine isn't horribly smashed in that the contents are probably OK, but it is unacceptable for any sort of collector's edition.

Edit: OK, WTF!?  Looks like everyone else got theirs in a box at least.  Mine came in a flimsy white bubble mailer.

Received mine from Best Buy in a box with no bubble wrap or anything. To my surprise, it was actually in really good shape. The art book is massive and the art card is actually pretty nice. Was disappointed to find out that the USB drive is read only. However the soundtrack seems pretty legit so far. A good mix of electronic, orchestra, and rock sounds. So there you go, there's some positive remarks about the set. Now hopefully the game is good and also can someone please post a fix for this USB drive? I need to rip this to my computer and put it on my phone.

Received mine from Best Buy in a box with no bubble wrap or anything. To my surprise, it was actually in really good shape. The art book is massive and the art card is actually pretty nice. Was disappointed to find out that the USB drive is read only. However the soundtrack seems pretty legit so far. A good mix of electronic, orchestra, and rock sounds. So there you go, there's some positive remarks about the set. Now hopefully the game is good and also can someone please post a fix for this USB drive? I need to rip this to my computer and put it on my phone.
Wipe the flash drive and just torrent the soundtrack.

bread's done
Back