Xenoblade Chronicles

[quote name='tylerdurden10']Where are you seeing this? It says unavailable for me :([/QUOTE]
It had the option to add to cart, but it's actually out of stock.

[quote name='RPGamer246']Still have used ones[/QUOTE]

You can click on the button to add to cart, but then it says it's out of stock.

"Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

Currently Xenoblade Chronicles GameStop Exclusive is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart."

Was this really in stock? Damn. I need to subscribe to this thread or something.

Recently discovered how hard to find this game had become (after looking at it on the shelf of the GameStop I WORK AT for months) and am now panicking to find it for a decent price. All of a sudden $50 is a bargain for this game.

[quote name='Mit']Was this really in stock? Damn. I need to subscribe to this thread or something.[/QUOTE]

It literally was only in-stock for a matter of minutes, don't beat yourself up over it. ;)

[quote name='TheBigHouse']gone[/QUOTE]

two minutes between this post and the post that announced it. well actually less than that if you consider the fact posts dont count the seconds so really like a minute and a half lol

[quote name='AionTelos']I wonder If I should pick up the new copy near me?[/QUOTE]

You mean a new copy that is open and you still have to pay full price

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']If you want the game pick it up. May be your last chance. Gutted is better than nothing.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far yet since Wii games are still accepted as trade ins, when they stop doing so, that's when I would begin to panic if you haven't found one yet. ;)

I still wouldn't discount one last printing of the game or even a Wii U remake to ramp up interest in the new Wii U title from Monolith. I say this as someone who doesn't own their copy yet, so there's a bit of optimism on my part, but I don't think it's out of the question. Last Story was reprinted and it was the less desirable of the two to begin with.

[quote name='ProppaT']I still wouldn't discount one last printing of the game or even a Wii U remake to ramp up interest in the new Wii U title from Monolith. I say this as someone who doesn't own their copy yet, so there's a bit of optimism on my part, but I don't think it's out of the question. Last Story was reprinted and it was the less desirable of the two to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that was XSEED and it wasn't a store exclusive.

I still say it is better to buy it now at MSRP(even if gutted) than wait too long and not have it at all. Or have to pay $150 on ebay for a used copy.

Speaking personally, I regret buys far less than I regret non-buys. I can count on one hand the number of times I regretted a purchase. But there are countless times I passed on a game and wish I hadn't.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I still say it is better to buy it now at MSRP(even if gutted) than wait too long and not have it at all. Or have to pay $150 on ebay for a used copy.

Speaking personally, I regret buys far less than I regret non-buys. I can count on one hand the number of times I regretted a purchase. But there are countless times I passed on a game and wish I hadn't.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I still regret passin on Rule of Rose. Now it seems like there is a law that GS needs to only accept gutted copies in trade in.

Just noticed that Game Stop raised the price of a pre-owned copy to 59.99!! That"s higher then MSRP! So does the trade in value go up? Why don't they just reprint at this point..but instead they raise the pre-owned value!? so confused

[quote name='Drclaw411']Ditto. I still regret passin on Rule of Rose. Now it seems like there is a law that GS needs to only accept gutted copies in trade in.[/QUOTE]

I actually snagged a good condition complete copy of Rule of Rose on ebay a few years ago for $30. That was about the going rate for it at the time. I'm shocked to see how much it's value has gone up in the last 2-3 years.

[quote name='TheBigHouse']Maybe some gutted new copies are about to get magically reclassified as used.[/QUOTE]

I think it's more probable that they can't reprint it and therefore, it makes sense to sell whatever they can at a higher price.

I'm pretty sure it'll probably go up some more. Prime Trilogy went as high as $70 or $80 at one point, didn't it?

[quote name='jam8611']Just noticed that Game Stop raised the price of a pre-owned copy to 59.99!! That"s higher then MSRP! So does the trade in value go up? Why don't they just reprint at this point..but instead they raise the pre-owned value!? so confused[/QUOTE]

Every time I shift to the side of the used game industry's decline being unfair to gamers, it is things like that make me happy that the used game industry is being brought down.

Low blow from Gamestop with that move. I hope the future of used game sales going kaput destroys that company.

How is that a low blow? From a business standpoint why wouldn't they raise the price? What sense does it make for them to carry the game for $50 when people are selling it for $100+? Oh no! Some company is trying to increase their profit and it's going to impair my own!
Gamestop is a crappy place for a lot of reasons, but this isn't one of them.

If you want to bitch how they raise the prices of pre-owned games to match MSRP (or beyond in the recent cases of Left 4 Dead and GTA IV) when the game is still readily available at other retailers, I'll back you on that.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Every time I shift to the side of the used game industry's decline being unfair to gamers, it is things like that make me happy that the used game industry is being brought down.

Low blow from Gamestop with that move. I hope the future of used game sales going kaput destroys that company.[/QUOTE]

Low blow? They're charging less than the average completed auction on Ebay. If they were smart, they'd raise it even higher.

They aren't an auction website. They are charging more for a used game than a new one. They can do whatever they want I guess with used games, but I can also think what I want and hope the business goes under. I've never liked Gamestop. I will be happy if one day they go bankrupt.

such irrational gamestop hate i do hope you folks realize gamestop is one off the primary reasons gaming hit mainstream being one of the more successful game stores and proved that yes a used market for games can flourish and thus other places started doing it. and as far as xenoblade goes they are a primary reason it even got released in america. i swear the gamestop hate needs to chill out

Wow, imagine if the iPhone or next galaxy phone is sold out and best Buy is charging you $300 under contract for a used phone when the new one was $200 under contract. There would be a lot of backlash. GameStop does something similar with a game and people are defending it. What'a next, getting Xenoblade U as an exclusive then hoarding them all in their warehouses so they can send 1 to each store per week and charge $200 for the game? Is that defendable?

Most people whine about Gamestop employees. I never do. People are people and there are bad employees and good ones in every business. But I don't like Gamestop's policies for the most part. Their sales more often than not pale in comparison to other major retailers, their gutted copy thing is a major pet peeve of mine. There is just a lot I don't like about that company.

They do get nice pre-order bonuses compares to other companies a lot of the time, but if Gamestop disappeared tomorrow, those bonuses would just go to the next in line.

I never said they shouldn't be allowed to do it. I guess they can choose the price of pre-owned games and sell them for whatever they want. That doesn't mean I have to like it though. They are entitled to do what they want, just as I am entitled to dislike them and want them to go away. Either that or start by getting rid of the gutted copy thing which is totally unnecessary.

[quote name='SEGAMew']Wow, it's a good thing I managed to get one at the $44.99 price! @___@[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really wish I had grabbed an extra copy at that price. Hell, even PAL copies are now worth quite a bit of money.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Most people whine about Gamestop employees. I never do. People are people and there are bad employees and good ones in every business. But I don't like Gamestop's policies for the most part. Their sales more often than not pale in comparison to other major retailers, their gutted copy thing is a major pet peeve of mine. There is just a lot I don't like about that company.

They do get nice pre-order bonuses compares to other companies a lot of the time, but if Gamestop disappeared tomorrow, those bonuses would just go to the next in line.

I never said they shouldn't be allowed to do it. I guess they can choose the price of pre-owned games and sell them for whatever they want. That doesn't mean I have to like it though. They are entitled to do what they want, just as I am entitled to dislike them and want them to go away. Either that or start by getting rid of the gutted copy thing which is totally unnecessary.[/QUOTE]

the new gutted games is really their only major offense that is a legit complaint. that said the fact is people may whine they suck but they clearly make enough money so obviously nobody really gives a crap at least its such a minority its not worth mentioning.

[quote name='Blaster man']Wow, imagine if the iPhone or next galaxy phone is sold out and best Buy is charging you $300 under contract for a used phone when the new one was $200 under contract. There would be a lot of backlash. GameStop does something similar with a game and people are defending it. What'a next, getting Xenoblade U as an exclusive then hoarding them all in their warehouses so they can send 1 to each store per week and charge $200 for the game? Is that defendable?[/QUOTE]
to be fair these phones never sell out except maybe during their launch week and if they did there are at least 100 different ones that are virtually identical

I'm almost positive legally they can't change the MSRP of $49.99 any higher. Any bitching about what used price they charge is absurd, nobody makes you buy anything from them.

Honestly I don't see why people who want this wouldn't have either preordered, bought near launch new, or bought during a b2g1.

I'm all for waiting for drops and sales but when it comes to first party Nintendo games, I usually just say fuck it. Those never drop unless Nintendo decides to "players choice", "million seller", or "Nintendo selects" them. And that only happens to seemingly randomly chosen titles and usually 4-5 years after they are originally released.

Look at Super Mario 64 DS. That game was an original DS launch title at $34.99. Today, two years into the DS's successor having been released, that game is still $34.99. Wii Music is still $49.99. Wii Music.

Sure, every once in a while a Fortune Street comes along and it ends up getting discounted at a location or two, but that is extremely rare.

I don't know. I just put my CAG nature aside when it comes to first party Nintendo stuff that I really want to play. Stuff I'm on the fence about, if I find it complete used or GameFly puts it on sale, awesome. But stuff I know I want to have, screw it there is no use holding off. It's not getting any cheaper. And sometimes it pulls a Xenoblade or Metroid Trilogy.

[quote name='skiizim']I'm almost positive legally they can't change the MSRP of $49.99 any higher. Any bitching about what used price they charge is absurd, nobody makes you buy anything from them.[/QUOTE]

You are right about New copies being $50
but that just means that all copies will be converted to used instead, even if they receive a shipment of New copies.

[quote name='skiizim']I'm almost positive legally they can't change the MSRP of $49.99 any higher. Any bitching about what used price they charge is absurd, nobody makes you buy anything from them.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. I have seen stores price games and other items well above MSRP.

[quote name='clonesniper666']You are right about New copies being $50
but that just means that all copies will be converted to used instead, even if they receive a shipment of New copies.[/QUOTE]

My favorite is that they famously gut new games, yet sometimes when they have something new that they sell as used (usually shit they are clearancing out), it might still be shrink wrapped.

[quote name='Drclaw411']My favorite is that they famously gut new games, yet sometimes when they have something new that they sell as used (usually shit they are clearancing out), it might still be shrink wrapped.[/QUOTE]

Yep that is how my copy of Persona 3 FES came when I bought it a few years ago.

[quote name='veronesepk']The game is still a bargain at 59.99. I wonder how many pour souls will flip these without experiencing this masterpiece.[/QUOTE]

I know.... madness. Best RPG in years (and yes, that includes Ni No Kuni).

I have yet to open my day one purchase of the game. Ni No Kuni got ahead of my backlog and will be taking another 60 hours or so of my time

[quote name='kayne2000']the new gutted games is really their only major offense that is a legit complaint. that said the fact is people may whine they suck but they clearly make enough money so obviously nobody really gives a crap at least its such a minority its not worth mentioning.

[/QUOTE]

People that whine about whiners are just as bad IMO.

People like and dislike certain companies for their own reasons. It is what it is. Not everyone is going to pass each individual's criteria for complaint legitimacy.

[quote name='Blaster man']Wow, imagine if the iPhone or next galaxy phone is sold out and best Buy is charging you $300 under contract for a used phone when the new one was $200 under contract. There would be a lot of backlash. GameStop does something similar with a game and people are defending it. What'a next, getting Xenoblade U as an exclusive then hoarding them all in their warehouses so they can send 1 to each store per week and charge $200 for the game? Is that defendable?[/QUOTE]

That's dumb. 1) The phone isn't only one shipment forever. 2) Under contract has nothing to do with this. 3) They aren't hoarding these.

People, you've had 9 months to buy the game.

bread's done
Back