Xenoblade Chronicles

[quote name='SEGAMew']Sealed?[/QUOTE]

GameStop has them labeled as "new", but the ones on the shelf are not sealed. That doesn't mean that they don't have sealed ones behind the counter though. I bought Metroid: Other M a few days ago and the copy I grabbed on the shelf wasn't sealed, but they pulled a sealed one out from behind the counter and gave me that one, so who knows? I'm tempted to buy an extra copy of Xenoblade to find out.

[quote name='pat87']
I don't think Nintendo plans on reprinting xenoblade anytime soon. They weren't really interested in bringing the game over in the first place, and I'm sure it didn't receive enough sales to make it worthwhile for nintendo to reprint.[/QUOTE]

My bet is that they will unless they have a binding contract with gamestop that limits the number printed. It's a business for God's sake. I f used copies sell out at 60 bucks and used copies go for almost a hundred bucks on amazon...there is a market for it.

[quote name='Toss']My bet is that they will unless they have a binding contract with gamestop that limits the number printed. It's a business for God's sake. I f used copies sell out at 60 bucks and used copies go for almost a hundred bucks on amazon...there is a market for it.[/QUOTE]

I doubt GameStop is the limiting factor here. Plus, Nintendo was able to sell the game in their online store with or without GameStop, and they were the ones who printed the game. Not to mention GameStop isn't about to do anything to turn away guaranteed sales.

Nintendo is done with it. It was a small venture to please some fans. Their focus is on Wii U and 3DS.

[quote name='Mit']So, resellers are going to sell it for $10 eventually?

There weren't THAT many copies available. Most GameStops were sitting on 1-2 copies--the same copies--for months. The supply didn't dry up recently. The supply of the game has been closed for months. It's only now that the remaining stock has finally sold through/almost sold through.

Now those of us who expected to find it cheaper at some point in time are panicking because the price is going up and not down. $50 is a bargain to me now.[/QUOTE]

I never said it would sell for $10.
But I would argue that the sales hike is because of the panic and the panic is because of the sales hike. If people would calm down, so would the price.
I would bet my house there are more copies of this game sitting in the hands of those who simply want to sell it than those who actually want to play it, and like others have stated, people only care about it right now today because others are going nuts. What does it say of a person who a month ago felt that $50 was too much, but right now would buy two for that? The game didn't suddenly become a better game than it was before. The person just got caught up in the hype and his perception changed.

[quote name='kraftwerks']I never said it would sell for $10.
But I would argue that the sales hike is because of the panic and the panic is because of the sales hike. If people would calm down, so would the price.
I would bet my house there are more copies of this game sitting in the hands of those who simply want to sell it than those who actually want to play it, and like others have stated, people only care about it right now today because others are going nuts. What does it say of a person who a month ago felt that $50 was too much, but right now would buy two for that? The game didn't suddenly become a better game than it was before. The person just got caught up in the hype and his perception changed.[/QUOTE]

I think it's not that they're getting caught up in the hype but rather they were expecting the game to lower in price than up and they would rather spend the $60 or so now then wait and potentially spend double in the future.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']GameStop has them labeled as "new", but the ones on the shelf are not sealed. That doesn't mean that they don't have sealed ones behind the counter though. I bought Metroid: Other M a few days ago and the copy I grabbed on the shelf wasn't sealed, but they pulled a sealed one out from behind the counter and gave me that one, so who knows? I'm tempted to buy an extra copy of Xenoblade to find out.[/QUOTE]

Totally would love a sealed copy to stuff in my drawer of sealed games...

My gamestop has one for me on hold (shipped from another store). I am picking it up after work. At least they have the buy 1 get 1 half off deal, so I may get Smash Brothers Brawl with it for half price.

[quote name='dsullo']My gamestop has one for me on hold (shipped from another store). I am picking it up after work. At least they have the buy 1 get 1 half off deal, so I may get Smash Brothers Brawl with it for half price.[/QUOTE]

Is this common practice for them to ship from other stores upon a customers request or did you just luck out on this?

[quote name='moothemagiccow']I've heard of other stores doing it - YMMV. Ask at your local GS[/QUOTE]

Yeah apparently somebody beat me to it, I'm in CT & and I called a store in MA that I knew of that had it and the CSR told me somebody from AL called about it! :roll:

[quote name='tylerdurden10']Yeah apparently somebody beat me to it, I'm in CT & and I called a store in MA that I knew of that had it and the CSR told me somebody from AL called about it! :roll:[/QUOTE]

I think its a little hit or miss - and depends on the store - meaning if you get someone who cares about customer service, they may ship to another store. I had to call both stores and get them to both agree - then the sending store shipped it.

I feel lucky that both parties cooperated.

[quote name='daver16']Hahah I think I tried to put that one in MA on hold today promptly got the unable to find it message.[/QUOTE]

Was is the store in Saugus, MA? The guy I got on the phone was really cool and would've done it for me if it wasn't already claimed. :cry:

I think it's funny that everyone is so frenzied about the game suddenly. Gamestops had dozens of copies sitting on shelves for the longest time an no one was interested. Now, suddenly everyone is in a panic and struggling.

Luckily I saw this coming back in December and swung by my local GS and purchased a sealed copy, lucky enough the Gamestop also had a copy of the artbook for preorders in stock. It was a first party nintendo game, only available at Gamestop, why is anyone surprised the price is going up now the the game has been discontinued?

If I had to guess, in the next few weeks, the game will be converted to used in Gamestops system and there will no longer be any new copies. Any new copies GS digs up in their warehouse will be opened and sent to stores to sell as used, for $60 or more.

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']I think it's funny that everyone is so frenzied about the game suddenly. Gamestops had dozens of copies sitting on shelves for the longest time an no one was interested. Now, suddenly everyone is in a panic and struggling.

Luckily I saw this coming back in December and swung by my local GS and purchased a sealed copy, lucky enough the Gamestop also had a copy of the artbook for preorders in stock. It was a first party nintendo game, only available at Gamestop, why is anyone surprised the price is going up now the the game has been discontinued?

If I had to guess, in the next few weeks, the game will be converted to used in Gamestops system and there will no longer be any new copies. Any new copies GS digs up in their warehouse will be opened and sent to stores to sell as used, for $60 or more.[/QUOTE]
Not a first party game.

That's because people are afraid about missing out on something that may be rare. "Oh no! What will I do if I miss out on my chance to get Xenoblade?! What do I do? I gotta get it now! GOGOGOGOGO!!!!"

I said before that if the game was not OOP, no one would be buying it. It's only when the fear of missing out on a rare title sets in, that all the OCDers panic and suddenly have to have it.

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']I think it's funny that everyone is so frenzied about the game suddenly. Gamestops had dozens of copies sitting on shelves for the longest time an no one was interested. Now, suddenly everyone is in a panic and struggling.

If I had to guess, in the next few weeks, the game will be converted to used in Gamestops system and there will no longer be any new copies. Any new copies GS digs up in their warehouse will be opened and sent to stores to sell as used, for $60 or more.[/QUOTE]

Well I won't speak for anybody else, but the only reason this game has peaked my interest lately is because ever since I got Ni No Kuni, I keep hearing about this game being one of the better JRPG in some time. It was always on my wishlist, but only now I was looking to play it.

[quote name='JCrichton']Nintendo isn't the developer, therefore it isn't a first party game.[/QUOTE]

It's first-party, just not in-house.

(I think) :D

[quote name='JCrichton']Nintendo isn't the developer, therefore it isn't a first party game.[/QUOTE]

Soooo Metroid Prime isn't first party? Donkey Kong Country Returns isn't first party? Uncharted isn't first party? What?

Nintendo owns Monolith Soft. They make games only for Nintendo. They are a Nintendo development studio that retained their original name. Your definition of first party is different from everyone else's in the world.

Flow/Flower/Journey are better examples of second party. Independent development studio contracted to make 3 games only for PS3.

EDIT: Actually, if this Wikipedia article is to be followed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_developer#cite_note-1 , Flow/Flower/Journey are "first party games" from a third party developer (but they could be considered second party, should they still continue to support Playstation exclusively). Second party is someone who develops exclusively for one platform/manufacturer without support from said manufacturer, such as Game Freak and old Insomniac.

[quote name='Mit']Soooo Metroid Prime isn't first party? Donkey Kong Country Returns isn't first party? Uncharted isn't first party? What?

Nintendo owns Monolith Soft. They make games only for Nintendo. They are a Nintendo development studio that retained their original name. Your definition of first party is different from everyone else's in the world.

Flow/Flower/Journey are better examples of second party. Independent development studio contracted to make 3 games only for PS3.[/QUOTE]
Then go ahead and check around at what second party developers are. Then you will realize that is what MS is.

[quote name='JCrichton']Then go ahead and check around at what second party developers are. Then you will realize that is what MS is.[/QUOTE]
Oh, wait.

Just realized that MS became a 1st party dev for Nintendo. I knew they didn't start out as one which is what threw me off.

Carry on, nothing to see here. :)

[quote name='kraftwerks']
I'd love to know how many copies were printed, and how many were bought in the last two months solely for resale.[/QUOTE]

I have it from a very good source that less than 150,000 were of these produced. For reference, 140,000 copies of Earthbound for SNES were made. 30,000 copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga were made, (just including these two since they were brought up earlier in the thread).

[quote name='JCrichton']Oh, wait.

Just realized that MS became a 1st party dev for Nintendo. I knew they didn't start out as one which is what threw me off.

Carry on, nothing to see here. :)[/QUOTE]

No worries, I had the same realization a few months ago :V Did not know Nintendo had bought them outright.

My interpretation of 1st, 2nd, 3rd party

1st Party - Makes consoles and games exclusive to their consoles
2nd Party - Slaves to the 1st Party. Makes games only for the 1st Party's consoles
3rd Party - Have no loyalty to any specific 1st party and makes games for various consoles for various 1st parties

Yeah extremely simplistic but for the most part, makes sound sense to me.

[quote name='Mit']No worries, I had the same realization a few months ago :V Did not know Nintendo had bought them outright.[/QUOTE]
Makes sense.

I hadn't been paying attention to any JRPGs or Nintendo for a very long time until a few months ago. I'm sure more has changed that I'm not aware of!

At this point I may just look at trading for this versus spending $60 or more just for a used copy! I may have to dip into my endless supply of rare PS1 RPG's that I have been hoarding as trade bait. :cry:

So I'm reading this thread, and I don't see anyone mentioning Nintendo announced a Xenoblade 2, or some sort of sequel/new Xenoblade game for the WiiU. Maybe that had something to do with demand? Something like: "I don't listen to Wii news normally since the console is old, but Nintendo says their making a sequel on the WiiU for a game that got good critical review, maybe I'll go check it out now".

Maybe it could end up a digital download on the WiiU. Or something like White Knight Chronicles 2, where the full first game was included. All my speculation is a year+ off though, so I see why people are panicking and resellers are taking advantage.

I wonder what Nintendo would have to say about Gamestop raising the price of a USED game to $10 over MSRP of their new game. Because we all know it's common practice for Gamestop to convert new titles over to used, but normally the price is lower. I'm guessing that Nintendo has no clue this happened.

If anyone wants to try and get them shipped from a different store to theirs, there are a few Listed In the NY/NJ area, zip code 07101 if you search for the game

[quote name='Kazaganthi']So I'm reading this thread, and I don't see anyone mentioning Nintendo announced a Xenoblade 2, or some sort of sequel/new Xenoblade game for the WiiU. .[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KingofGames']Exactly, none of those games had near the same reception as Xenoblade. Nintendo has just hinted at a sequel to the game for the Wii U. [/QUOTE]

There

Thanks yantelope. Take a look at Fire Emblem games on eBay. Skyrocketing right now, thanks to the release of FE: Awakening. Pretty typical to see a spike when a popular franchise has a new release.

[quote name='Mit']Soooo Metroid Prime isn't first party? Donkey Kong Country Returns isn't first party? Uncharted isn't first party? What?

Flow/Flower/Journey are better examples of second party. Independent development studio contracted to make 3 games only for PS3.

EDIT: Actually, if this Wikipedia article is to be followed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_developer#cite_note-1 , Flow/Flower/Journey are "first party games" from a third party developer (but they could be considered second party, should they still continue to support Playstation exclusively). Second party is someone who develops exclusively for one platform/manufacturer without support from said manufacturer, such as Game Freak and old Insomniac.[/QUOTE]
Flow was originally a free flash game I'm the web.

Wait what? Xenoblade Sequel?? :shock:

Want, want very much DO WANT.

If they ever do more than hint I'll have to break down and buy a Wii U.

God dang it! I wasn't going to buy that thing but now they forced my hand. :p

I at least can put it off for a while since I'm sure it will be some time before that game gets finished and released and translated and all that jazz.

[quote name='KingofGames']Thanks yantelope. Take a look at Fire Emblem games on eBay. Skyrocketing right now, thanks to the release of FE: Awakening. Pretty typical to see a spike when a popular franchise has a new release.[/QUOTE]

*checks eBay*

... jeebus.

[quote name='SEGAMew']*checks eBay*

... jeebus.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. :(

My wife and I just got back into the FE franchise a few months ago so we bought a bunch of the old stuff that I didn't get when they originally came out. Now we're REALLY glad we did even though the prices were still pretty high.

[quote name='CaoPi']any chance this will get a reprint like the last story?[/QUOTE]

Unless Xseed gets the publishing rights from Nintendo, this may only be the closest shot of this ever happening, other than that most likely not. Maybe some of you guys should start pressing Xseed. O_O

[quote name='CaoPi']any chance this will get a reprint like the last story?[/QUOTE]

They should reprint but with Nintendo abandoning the Wii and GS increasing the used price above new MSRP, it seems unlikely.

[quote name='Blaster man']They should reprint but with Nintendo abandoning the Wii and GS increasing the used price above new MSRP, it seems unlikely.[/QUOTE]

It would be awesome if Nintendo released it in HD, maybe not a full remake like Wind Waker, but at least with true 1080 resolution and some re-done textures. Playing it on Dolphin Emulator was amazing, but this game would be stunning in true HD.

[quote name='Ionotropic']graveyard please[/QUOTE]

If this thread goes there, then I'll have to make thread every time a copy or two shows upon gamestop for 2-3 minutes (which it seems to do at least 3-4x a week)

[quote name='Vinny']It would be awesome if Nintendo released it in HD, maybe not a full remake like Wind Waker, but at least with true 1080 resolution and some re-done textures. Playing it on Dolphin Emulator was amazing, but this game would be stunning in true HD.[/QUOTE]
An HD reprint would be fine but I don't have a Wii U so I couldn't care less about one. An HD reprint also wouldn't convince me to buy a Wii U. The only thing that will convince me of that is a $100 price drop. That said, I'd buy an HD copy and hold it if it were rare or just wait till the price drops and buy it if it wasn't rare.

bread's done
Back