Xenogears on PSN on Tuesday! BUY BUY BUY!

[quote name='wrencrest']I dont want to play Xenogears again because I dont feel like paying $10 for this old game. However, I might pay $10 for some other old games. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has got one. So go play what you like and stop telling everyone what to do. That goes to everyone bitching about trophies being stupid and to GT for thinking they matter to anyone else. :)[/QUOTE]

::not aimed at wrencrest::

They matter to ME and only ME. If you don't care for them or don't think they add to the gaming experience, then that's your bag. The only reason I kept dragging this out is because everyone has the perfectly painted picture of what a gamer should be. And when someone goes against the grain, they freak out like a leaf falling in front of a line of ants. Also, I don't go after peoples throats on purpose, you start coming after me personally, then I come after you.

If you don't like me add me to your ignore list. Until then.......

This thread somehow manages to be even worse than one by fire_thief or chuplayer. Bravo, CAG. A new low.

On topic, I've always wanted to play this game. If I didn't have such a big backlog right now I'd get this.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']This thread somehow manages to be even worse than one by fire_thief or chuplayer. Bravo, CAG. A new low.

On topic, I've always wanted to play this game. If I didn't have such a big backlog right now I'd get this.[/QUOTE]

You're not a real gamer because you wont put your backlog on hold. haha. jay kay!!!!!!!

[quote name='Josh5890']I promise to buy this tomorrow. And I have been looking hard for a copy recently. All I need now is Suikoden II, that is the holy grail of expensive PS One games.[/QUOTE]

Yes! I've been wanting to replay that game for awhile now. I sold my copy when rumors of the Suikoden 1/2 collection was coming out for PSP :lol:

Lesson learned.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']Yes! I've been wanting to replay that game for awhile now. I sold my copy when rumors of the Suikoden 1/2 collection was coming out for PSP :lol:

Lesson learned.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, Suikoden I IS on PSN in America. Don't hold out hope for 2 though. ;)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']FWIW, Suikoden I IS on PSN in America. Don't hold out hope for 2 though. ;)[/QUOTE]

If Duke Nukem Forever can come out, then I will hold hope for anything in the video game world.

[quote name='GTmaster39']Your in a PS forum. 360 falls on deaf ears around these parts my friend. But yea, whenever I need Xbox advice I'll send you a PM.[/QUOTE]

So you can only have fun playing Playstation games?

Please clarify, because either you're being especially dense, or I'm missing something.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']So you can only have fun playing Playstation games?

Please clarify, because either you're being especially dense, or I'm missing something.[/QUOTE]

You're starting to bore me.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']This thread somehow manages to be even worse than one by fire_thief or chuplayer. Bravo, CAG. A new low.

On topic, I've always wanted to play this game. If I didn't have such a big backlog right now I'd get this.[/QUOTE]

If you like RPGs, then Xenogears is better than 99% of RPGs ever released. If you don't like RPGs, then Xenogears is still better than 99% of games ever released.

I just wish they would have completed the whole Xenogears arc... it would be so damn epic to play see how the stories in the other arcs played out.

[quote name='Vinny']If you like RPGs, then Xenogears is better than 99% of RPGs ever released. If you don't like RPGs, then Xenogears is still better than 99% of games ever released.

I just wish they would have completed the whole Xenogears arc... it would be so damn epic to play see how the stories in the other arcs played out.[/QUOTE]

Bears repeating.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']It's not about the $5. It's about Square starting to add the square enix tax to DLC items now, and if you buy the game now you support it and they'll do it more often.[/QUOTE]
$10 PS1 Classics started well before Square Enix joined the party, as Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was the first $10 PS1 game about two years before Square's first PS1 game appeared on PSN and set the standard for the premium tier for PS1 Classics. Considering the demand and popularity of their PS1 games, Square has the right to put their games on that tier when a number of them are still very expensive on the second hand market.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I dunno why my opinion on the matter is controversial. I just think all PSone Classics should be $5.99 regardless of their length or how rare their physical copies are cause those two factors have nothing to do with selling a digital game for $4 more.[/QUOTE]

Not all PSone games are made equal. Like others have said there are PS1 games that defined an era, and these games usually are pricy on the secondary market.

Look at Parasite Eve 1&2. Its pretty much guaranteed that Parasite Eve 1 is coming to PSN US store now and i'm sure it will be $9.99. I already have a copy for it on PS1, but at $10 i'll buy it on PSN in a heartbeat.

I don't blame any company for charging $9.99 for their premimum games and I think its a very fair price. It beats paying the flat fee on wii and watching them release crap game after crap game each week.

[quote name='Brian9824']Not all PSone games are made equal. Like others have said there are PS1 games that defined an era, and these games usually are pricy on the secondary market.

Look at Parasite Eve 1&2. Its pretty much guaranteed that Parasite Eve 1 is coming to PSN US store now and i'm sure it will be $9.99. I already have a copy for it on PS1, but at $10 i'll buy it on PSN in a heartbeat.

I don't blame any company for charging $9.99 for their premimum games and I think its a very fair price. It beats paying the flat fee on wii and watching them release crap game after crap game each week.[/QUOTE]
^^^ so true.

Though you do notice that it's basically only Square that is charging $9.99 for their psOne games right. My belief is that these game have way more content than a $5.99 game and have no problem paying the extra $4 for 20+ hours of gameplay

[quote name='shadowkast']

Though you do notice that it's basically only Square that is charging $9.99 for their psOne games right. [/QUOTE]

Metal Gear Solid (Konami)
Resident Evil: DC (Capcom)
Tomb Raider (Eidos)

Iconic, well regarded games are basically games that are charging the $9.99 price. A premium price for a premium game.

I'd rather get one of those games than 2 cheaper games like "Bowling" and "2Xtreme".

I agree with what you said, but its not just Square pricing their games that way. It just so happens that Square made many of the best games for the system.

Also Grandia and the Oddworld games are also $9.99.

Basically the $9.99 games are the games that are pretty much universally considered to be must own titles for the PS1.

[quote name='physalis123']At first I thought you wrote xenosaga a ps2 game is available on the PS store[/QUOTE]

Now that would be an instant buy.

Someone tell me again why I can't play a single PS2 game on the PS3.
So sad

[quote name='Toolnigma']Now that would be an instant buy.

Someone tell me again why I can't play a single PS2 game on the PS3.
So sad[/QUOTE]

Because you don't have a PS3 model that includes BC...

[quote name='blueweltall']Xenogears fans should also checkout Xenosaga III. There is alot of Xenogears fan service in there and the game is pretty good too.[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing this but thought Xenosaga was kinda bad... the battle system was really complicated and it was really hard to pick up on the story as it seemed like they were telling you so many things at once and none of it really connected.

I heard Xenosaga 2 is the worst entry but I don't wanna skip it just to get to part 3 as I'll probably miss a lot of details.

I played most of Xenosaga I but quit at the
Church boss
because it was impossible, skipped 2 and played most of 3 and then quit for no reason. I feel like I sort of knew what was going on in III and it really is easily better than the first.

[quote name='Dranakin']I want to pick this up, but I have such a backlog...[/QUOTE]

I took my backlog and threw it in the lake. I've wanted to play this for a long time.

I've tried this game and liked it, like 10 years ago......

I feel like Stevie Wonder in here.
stevie-wonder.jpg

Because I just can't see whats up with all this hype.

It must be a PSP thing...

Yeah I played through it back in the day and it wasn't that good. The puzzles were annoying, the graphics haven't aged well and the story was really aimless and fragmented. The first disc was fun, but the second disc was putrid.

There are puzzles in Xenogears? Is this the same game we're talking about? Ok so there are few things that may be considered "puzzles" but it's kind of a stretch.

I bought this game about a year before my ps3 and I was really enjoying it until i got stuck in the caves, in a huge boss battle against multiple foes. It seemed like i couldn't come close to beating them and the faqs didn't help.

I enjoyed this game a lot back then. I remember quitting on it at the Babel Tower.That had to be one of the dumbest parts in a game trying to mix platforming with a rpg. Didn't help with the terrible camera.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']There are puzzles in Xenogears? Is this the same game we're talking about? Ok so there are few things that may be considered "puzzles" but it's kind of a stretch.[/QUOTE]

Maybe there were like 3 puzzles, but they were annoying enough for me to remember them for 10 years. I honestly liked the game until the second disc, which made zero sense,
threw out all the characters and turned into an anime tribute session. What was the point of Bart, Billy and that green guy if they were to have no effect on the overall story?
. The story was cryptic and strange even before then.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Maybe there were like 3 puzzles, but they were annoying enough for me to remember them for 10 years. I honestly liked the game until the second disc, which made zero sense,
threw out all the characters and turned into an anime tribute session. What was the point of Bart, Billy and that green guy if they were to have no effect on the overall story?
. The story was cryptic and strange even before then.[/QUOTE]

It's the journey, not the destination, that matters.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Last time I checked we were allowed to have differing opinions about video games. The story was garbage. Amnesia? Really?[/QUOTE]
Just because it uses a cliche doesn't mean the whole story is garbage.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Last time I checked we were allowed to have differing opinions about video games. The story was garbage. Amnesia? Really?[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with being cliched as long as it's done well.

Ok. Maybe I just suck. How does Deathblows work. I've looked up online about them, I've found the combo's, but
at the boss in the cave (calamity) I can only use Bart's deathblow, and only half the time at that (triangle, triangle)
Can someone please set me straight?

[quote name='Josh5890']Ok. Maybe I just suck. How does Deathblows work. I've looked up online about them, I've found the combo's, but
at the boss in the cave (calamity) I can only use Bart's deathblow, and only half the time at that (triangle, triangle)
Can someone please set me straight?[/QUOTE]

Deathblow Learning Guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/199365-xenogears/faqs/46377

A lot of people have trouble with Calamity but I have no idea why as I've never had a problem in my 3 playthroughs. Just make sure you have the best equipment from the shop, along with Extra Ars, and use Wild Smile. Though that is pretty basic shit, a lot of people seem to have problems doing that.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']There are puzzles in Xenogears? Is this the same game we're talking about? Ok so there are few things that may be considered "puzzles" but it's kind of a stretch.[/QUOTE]

There were definitely a few puzzles in the game... remember the sewers in Kislev? Or the final dungeon (or stage or level, whatever you wanna call it)? I pulled my hair out back in the day trying to figure out... then by rageluck (angry button mashing), I learned that select enabled the map. With only so few dungeons (I think there were only two other places) providing maps, I completely missed it...

i notice many of you are near a certain area i would boost my characters in so for any1 interested that wants to level up their characters fast, and learn all the deathblows (before limiter removal):
in bart's hideout after getting out of the sand cave, the general desert area outside you will fight weak gears (sometimes with some sand pirates) you can easily fight in foot away from your gears and repeat your deathblow combos to help unlock them, while leveling up in the process. by the end you should have your X,X deathblow unlocked and ready to go, and being at a high level

there is another area way later in the game to continue the process for the next set of deathblows, if anybody wants to know that as well pm me.

well if you like having your deathblows accessible in gears+foot then maybe taking the time to do this is worth the hassle

bread's done
Back