Xenosaga 3 topic

TheRock88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
So anyone picked it up yet and how is it? I'll probably get it later today and have been hearing good reviews about it. Suppose to combine all the good parts from the 1st and 2nd game.

X3 has received good rating so far (8/10) and is apparently better than X1 and X2.

However, if you are a hardcore Xenosaga fan or a perfectionist, you will be pissed. The NA release is heavily censored, to the point that some scenes become absurd or even ruining your experience, according to some debates in the Namco X3 forum.

[quote name='eau']I found these edit comparisons (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) in the labyrinthos forum.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Rubedo/xenocen.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/Rubedo/ShionCensor2.jpg

WTF![/QUOTE]

I hate censorship.
I'm still confused. So it is OK for Xenogears (SquareEnix) to have blood but it is not OK for Xenosaga (Namco). I'm just amazed that Namco didn't change the red blood to green (just pretend that they're coughing up mucus after getting stabbed) or something weird like that.

[quote name='wbc1228']I hate censorship.
I'm still confused. So it is OK for Xenogears (SquareEnix) to have blood but it is not OK for Xenosaga (Namco). I'm just amazed that Namco didn't change the red blood to green (just pretend that they're coughing up mucus after getting stabbed) or something weird like that.[/QUOTE]

I think it's that Namco didn't want an M rating, for whatever reason.

One theory is that Namco wanted to rush the game out without trying to go back and fro with ESRB. They simply chopped everthing that could remotely get them a M rating and didn't have to delay their 8/29 schedule.

Perhaps with enough demands from the fans, Namco might consider releasing a M rating version later and call it a Xenosaga 3: Reloaded or something. Wishful thinking.

Well, I'm through chapter 2, or what I think is 9 total, and I'm loving it so far. It is very story oriented so far. I've only been through 2 dungeons in about 6 hours worth of game, neither of which took more than 30 minutes.

Not that I would really know, but wont it look wrong without the blood? Maybe there made in a way that they dont, but that last pic on the 1st link looks kinda misleading in a way.

That is pure bullshit. I planned on picking up the game tomorrow, but now Ill wait and MAYBE pick it up at $20 b/c of the censorship. Looks like ill just reserve Okami instead.

Oh yeah, one last thing worth noting about Xenosaga... the majority of the game's cinematics take place in the beginning of the game. So if it seems like there's very little gameplay... well... that will change as the game progresses.

Eh... I can do without some blood. It's not like they cut 30 minutes of plot or anything, its just some blood, I'm sure I can live.

That being said, I used a Best Buy gift card I had and grabbed the awesome lenticular cover... now I just have to marathon through Xenosaga 1 - 2 this week before I play 3.

It was the awesome designs in the artbook which made me want to dive into the series... looks like a great series.

Wow, that censoring is extremely stupid, and probably ruins some of the scenes...not so sure if I'm going to get this until its a bargain bin title now.

Eh... I can do without some blood. It's not like they cut 30 minutes of plot or anything, its just some blood, I'm sure I can live.
Most of the time I'd agree, but the lack of blood makes the scenes stupid. Especially when a character is supposed to be looking at the blood in a horrified manner, and there's nothing there.

I was pretty pissed when I first read about the censoring, but now that I've beaten it, I can say it's not so bad that you should wait to play the game.

[quote name='Roufuss']I think it's that Namco didn't want an M rating, for whatever reason.[/quote]
Sales? It's also not like they have a history of cutting content from every game they localize or anything.

I'm about 7 hours in and man... this is a damn good game. It's definitely still heavy on the cutscenes, but if you like that, then there's few games better than this.

Just finished this tonight and man what an incredible game. Easily the best RPG I've played all year, maybe even the best game as well.

I'm really damn far and any editing that may have been done is relatively minor. I mean, yeah, it sucks they edited the game just out of principle, but the game isn't crippled... thank God. And Msia, yeah, this is definitely the best RPG of the year so far.

In my opinon,I think this is one of the best rpg for this year.The cutscenes are well done and they total reramp the whole combat system.It more fast pace,characters have unquie skill/abilities,really cool and trilling robot battles and tons of extra quest.Well worth the $40 i payed for.The edit is very noticeable such as sword in jin body and other scenes without blood.It not much to affect the store.

The Erder Kaiser summons are kinda rigged in game.Almost all forms even the lower ones guarantee's a enemy break.I beat the last boss in two hits with Erder Kaiser Sigma.

For those who want to get Erder Kaiser Sigma:
In order to get most of the extra you need close to the end of the game.When robot near elevator ask for "99 sephoitic cane" that mean you can do most of the sidesquest.

1.You should buy some All repair items and set up your robots with hp increasing equipment to prepare yourself from the incoming boss.

2.Revisit the 3rd stage(i think name start with ess).Retrace your steps till you reach the point of seeing 3 ships.Take the far right.The door that used to be lock is now unlocked.Fight the boss.

The first part is very easy,basic attacks with suffice.The next form gets a little bit intersting.The boss gain random defense each turn such as null missle defense or blade,laser and machine gun.In latter turn the boss will dish serious damage with it's ultmiate attack,but if you came prepare with hp increasing equipment you can survive the onslaught.Use all repair to recover your damge life points.If you use jin avoid use blade attack and use missle attack because the boss has very high counter rate.After this you should recieve a key.

3.Go the Durandal park area and unlock Dark Erder Kaiser spell.

4.Revisit the 2nd stage(beach stage).The lock door you seen earlier in the game is now unlock.Talk to the monkey to fight Erder Kaiser Sigma.

This boss can be very difficult if you didn't acquire Dark Erder Kaiser spell.Keep spaming Dark Erder Kaiser and it will eventually be defeat.If your lvls are too low use some def improving spells.After this you should recieve a key.Retrace you step back to dark professor labortory and touch the chair.You will eventually see a door.Use the key to unlock the ultimate spell in Xenosaga III Erder Kaiser Sigma.

[quote name='fatbeer']In my opinon,I think this is one of the best rpg for this year.The cutscenes are well done and they total reramp the whole combat system.It more fast pace,characters have unquie skill/abilities,really cool and trilling robot battles and tons of extra quest.Well worth the $40 i payed for.The edit is very noticeable such as sword in jin body and other scenes without blood.It not much to affect the store.

The Erder Kaiser summons are kinda rigged in game.Almost all forms even the lower ones guarantee's a enemy break.I beat the last boss in two hits with Erder Kaiser Sigma.

For those who want to get Erder Kaiser Sigma:
In order to get most of the extra you need close to the end of the game.When robot near elevator ask for "99 sephoitic cane" that mean you can do most of the sidesquest.

1.You should buy some All repair items and set up your robots with hp increasing equipment to prepare yourself from the incoming boss.

2.Revisit the 3rd stage(i think name start with ess).Retrace your steps till you reach the point of seeing 3 ships.Take the far right.The door that used to be lock is now unlocked.Fight the boss.

The first part is very easy,basic attacks with suffice.The next form gets a little bit intersting.The boss gain random defense each turn such as null missle defense or blade,laser and machine gun.In latter turn the boss will dish serious damage with it's ultmiate attack,but if you came prepare with hp increasing equipment you can survive the onslaught.Use all repair to recover your damge life points.If you use jin avoid use blade attack and use missle attack because the boss has very high counter rate.After this you should recieve a key.

3.Go the Durandal park area and unlock Dark Erder Kaiser spell.

4.Revisit the 2nd stage(beach stage).The lock door you seen earlier in the game is now unlock.Talk to the monkey to fight Erder Kaiser Sigma.

This boss can be very difficult if you didn't acquire Dark Erder Kaiser spell.Keep spaming Dark Erder Kaiser and it will eventually be defeat.If your lvls are too low use some def improving spells.After this you should recieve a key.Retrace you step back to dark professor labortory and touch the chair.You will eventually see a door.Use the key to unlock the ultimate spell in Xenosaga III Erder Kaiser Sigma.[/quote]

Lvl 68 kos-mos+blood dancer+offensive+erder kaiser sigma=75k worth of damage : ) . u can kill red testament in one hit lol

I beat this Friday night and got Erde Kaiser Sigma and everything. The optional bosses were way, way too easy for the rewards. But at any rate, I really did like the game, and was glad that a much larger portion of the gameplay than before consisted of ES battles. They're so much better than the normal fights. I still think Suikoden V is the RPG of the year so far, though.

Was gonna pass on this, since I hated ep.2. Got it today and I'm very surprised :)

Just got past the demonstration with T-elos...good stuff so far. Though seriously, there has been like a half hour's worth of gameplay out of 3:30. :lol:

I still have to beat the first Xenosaga...I'm stuck on the boss at the church...worst.boss.EVER!!
After that I have to start Xenosaga II, and then finally, I'll get this :p

[quote name='Apossum']Was gonna pass on this, since I hated ep.2. Got it today and I'm very surprised :)

Just got past the demonstration with T-elos...good stuff so far. Though seriously, there has been like a half hour's worth of gameplay out of 3:30. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Like with the other Xenosaga games, there's a lot of movies at the beginning but it definitely focuses a lot more on the gameplay after a little while.

Xenosaga III is the game of the month in the October issue of OPM. It has got a rating of 9/10 from the mag.

Finished it. Game ruled. I hated 1 and 2 but now I feel the time I spent with them payed off. Saga no longer feels like a blemish on the Xeno franchise. Perhaps not quite Gears, but it at least does it justice.

I've recently bought Xenosaga I, II and III, and aren't sure if I will be able to put in the effort and time to play them all. Anyone think it would be good enough to just play III with the recap of II in it and try to catch up with the story? I could deal hitting only the main story line through 1 and 2 if its fast to get them over with. I have so many other games to finish for 360/PC/DS as well, not to mentioned for PS2! Decisions, decisions. I suppose my motives for buying them in the first place are questionable, but they were cheap and I'm becoming compelled to collect...

I have to finish I and II, I got III for christmas. Yeah, I know, it is awhile away but then I might finish the first two in time. Then again, school is taking up all my time. :(

I own them all but only played through 1 and 3 myself. I just downloaded the movie version of 2 and watched it. Honestly, I was planning on skipping out on Saga III altogether. You know, kind of cutting my losses while I was ahead. But the week before release the reviews were starting to say it was pretty solid, so I found and watched the the cutscenes of II the weekend before release. Wanted to get to III, but just wasn't motivated enough to go back and actually spend all the time playing through II.

That compilation disc of I was pretty handy as well. Got it with II, and watched it back then, but it was fairly thorough. Sure, they're not entirely comprehensive, but if you have access to the original two's cutscenes in some form, you can easily just read the database in III for a couple of hours to fill in the gaps. Hell, I used it for terms all the time because I just plain forgot. It was certainly a VERY handy reference guide. Xenosaga's just too convaluted a plot to be broken up in pieces to be released years apart, but that guide helps so much to refresh me on the details.

Finished the game today. Easily the best RPG of the year... wow. The game does an extremely good job of tying up loose ends and the game is clearly linked to Xenogears.

[quote name='Chacrana']The game does an extremely good job of tying up loose ends and the game is clearly linked to Xenogears.[/QUOTE]
...Which ending were you watching?

[quote name='pete5883']...Which ending were you watching?[/QUOTE]

Well what was left to tie up?

Sellers maybe? I'm pretty sure he shows up in Xenogears as that guy in the monitor.

[quote name='Chacrana']Well what was left to tie up?[/QUOTE]

Well Wilhelm is really never explained, chaos and KOS-MOS have more to them but I didn't expect them to be explained in this game anyway.

But my first post was more referring to the XG connection, and aside from a few cameos, I don't see how anyone could think they are linked.

It looks like Best Buy is slowing running out of the Lenticular cover version, which honestly makes it limited. I saw a new shipment of the game at BB last weekend, all being the regular version.

[quote name='Chacrana']Finished the game today. Easily the best RPG of the year... wow. The game does an extremely good job of tying up loose ends and the game is clearly linked to Xenogears.[/QUOTE]

haven't finished it, but Abel is the guy from Xenogears, right?

[quote name='Apossum']haven't finished it, but Abel is the guy from Xenogears, right?[/QUOTE]
Abel is a character in Xenogears, and they look the same, but it would be a stretch to call them the same character.

Finished this last night. "Satisfying conclusion" my ass (in reference to numerous reviews). As an ending to this game, it was fantastic. As an ending to the series, it was crap. According to most reviewers it brings everything to a close while leaving the door open for future episodes. I felt no sense of closure at all. The impression I got was "stay tuned for Episode 4." There's still so much work that needs to be done...

paraphrasing:
chaos "We can buy the universe some time, but the key to saving it lies on Lost Jerusalum."
Shion "Ok, we'll try to find Lost Jerusalum and save the universe."

...yet Bamco insists this is the end. I really really really hope they continue the series...

Pssh. I didn't hear much about the ending being "conclusive" at all. But I'm just pleased we got answers to most of the pressing questions in this game, and that, for the most part, they panned out to be fairly well thought answers. With the other games, we got so few in the answers department, that I couldn't even tell any of my friends to grind through.

"Was the story good?"

"Yeah, no wait. I think so. Ok. I don't know. I'll let you know when the next one hits. I sure hope so though."

And then of course the second hit, and rather than saying something different, I got to repeat it again. If it had come together shoddily, I would've been pretty pissed.

Xenosaga 3 isn't the last game in the series. There is supposed to be a xenosaga type game that shows what happens before shion and such, i guess explaining who chaos and willhelm really are

bread's done
Back