Xenosaga Episode III $17.99 used at Gamestop B&M

non deal, standard price for a false rare (damn ebay hoarders)

I actually got a copy online just yesterday from GS COMPLETE w/ book and case if you can believe that.. i've been on a lucky role w/ GS lately, 90% of my games are coming CASE/Book since late 2007..

I also nabbed a copy of ICO complete (my original was stolen years ago)

in 2006 I was only getting like 40%... dunno maybe someone at the warehouse likes me?

[quote name='Veronica Mars']False Rare?

Anyways, I havn't played these.
You guys recommend?[/quote]

yeah, but I'd recommend playing them in order.

The Xeno series (Xenogears, Xenosaga 1-3) is my favorite RPG series on any system. If you like thoughtful, politically driven science fiction games, and you don't mind long (and I do mean long) cut scenes you'll love the Xenosaga series.

In terms of favorites in the series, I'd say mine are Xenogears, Xenosaga I, Xenosaga III, and Xenosaga II, in that order. Xenosaga II gets a bad rap for its awkward battle system, but it's not really that bad, plus the story is excellent (though the game is really short).

I really enjoyed the Xenosaga series, including Xenogears. If you're going to play them, do it in order, though I found the second game not as great as the others. You can usually get all 3 from Gamestop for around $30 - $35 total.

[quote name='Alien Spider'] If you like thoughtful, politically driven science fiction games, and you don't mind long (and I do mean long) cut scenes you'll love the Xenosaga series.[/quote]

And when he says long, he means LONG! Word to the wise, ylou don't play Xenosaga. You watch Xenosaga.

[quote name='Chronis']And when he says long, he means LONG! Word to the wise, ylou don't play Xenosaga. You watch Xenosaga.[/QUOTE]

lol I can't really disagree with that. But, the cut scenes are very well done and engaging in terms of storyline, I don't remember ever once thinking to myself, "get on with it!" Plus, I'm pretty sure you can pause the game during a cut scene for those important bathroom breaks and snack refills. :)

Xenosaga series is my favorite RPG series of all time, and best RPG's of the PS2 generation & this generation & just as good as the best RPGs from any generation ever. If you never play them you're truly missing out on great gameplay, amazing plot, AAA cinematics, and some of the best characters ever.

I love it when I can sit for 30 minutes to watch a damn good story. GOSH I loved this series.

Still haven't played nor bought Xeno III, so its a RARE game......aww I dont want to miss out....

Fake Rare? Seems like it. Hope cause I dont want to pay much for this game. Maybe 10$ (new budget restrains means I got to be CHEAP)

Dare I say.....Does Xenosaga > FFX in terms of cut scenes???

GAWD DAM does FFX have too many dam long drawn out cut scenes :(

[quote name='Mike 01Hawk']Dare I say.....Does Xenosaga > FFX in terms of cut scenes???

GAWD DAM does FFX have too many dam long drawn out cut scenes :([/quote]

Xenosaga > FFX
YEP, my opinion too

but I enjoyed FFXs cutscenes. I just never liked Tidus. It's probably cause he's a blitzball player....

Unfortunately I couldn't find a copy in Target nor Sears. That's what I get for living in the Dallas region where sales like these disappear in half a second.
Game crazy, eh? They provide manuals and such? If they are online and dont require a subscription I might give it a go.
Though right now I shouldn't be buying new games, I have tons to play...

I gotta go check it out to get it at that cheap price

[quote name='expane']non deal, standard price for a false rare (damn ebay hoarders)

I actually got a copy online just yesterday from GS COMPLETE w/ book and case if you can believe that.. i've been on a lucky role w/ GS lately, 90% of my games are coming CASE/Book since late 2007..

I also nabbed a copy of ICO complete (my original was stolen years ago)

in 2006 I was only getting like 40%... dunno maybe someone at the warehouse likes me?[/quote]Every single game I bought online off of gamestop was crappy...Scratched disks,no case and no manual. I just returned them all and found most of the games I wanted at gamecrazy with a manual and case. Safe to say, I have absolutely no reason to shop at gamestop anymore.

[quote name='freshzen']Its only $7.99 used at Game Crazy.[/quote]

Any chance you could pick one up for anothe CAGer? :)

[quote name='reaxn']i got xenosaga 1,2,3 new/sealed for 9.99 or less :) sears/target/cc[/QUOTE]

Thats what I mean by "False rare" its just like FF7. 3 years ago people were buying up $9.99 new /sealed copies of FF7 at wallmarts and targets in the country/midwest/small towns etc.. Meanwhile i major US cities, you simply could not find a sealed new copy.

Millions of copies of FF7 were printed, it is not rare at all, however EBAY HOARDERs have snatched up all the copies and just put them on ebay for $90 and sit and wait. I don't know how many times I've heard someone talk about their 10-20 copies of FF7 they have... asses.

Xenosaga III is the most rare of the Xenosaga games. Xenogears is the most rare in the series. However they are also subject to ebay hoarding, and not truly rare.

In fact I bought a new sealed copy of Xenogears from Buy.com for $17 in 2007. You can't find one now, but just last year you could get a new sealed copy online at retail. Thats another sign its not truly rare.

Vagrant Story was the same deal. In 2006 I rebought a complete non GH version for $15 at gamestop. Then one day gamestop decided to rape all their PSone games, now you can't find it anywhere but Ebay being sold by greedy hoarders.

[quote name='expane']Thats what I mean by "False rare" its just like FF7. 3 years ago people were buying up $9.99 new /sealed copies of FF7 at wallmarts and targets in the country/midwest/small towns etc.. Meanwhile i major US cities, you simply could not find a sealed new copy.

Millions of copies of FF7 were printed, it is not rare at all, however EBAY HOARDERs have snatched up all the copies and just put them on ebay for $90 and sit and wait. I don't know how many times I've heard someone talk about their 10-20 copies of FF7 they have... asses.

Xenosaga III is the most rare of the Xenosaga games. Xenogears is the most rare in the series. However they are also subject to ebay hoarding, and not truly rare.

In fact I bought a new sealed copy of Xenogears from Buy.com for $17 in 2007. You can't find one now, but just last year you could get a new sealed copy online at retail. Thats another sign its not truly rare.

Vagrant Story was the same deal. In 2006 I rebought a complete non GH version for $15 at gamestop. Then one day gamestop decided to rape all their PSone games, now you can't find it anywhere but Ebay being sold by greedy hoarders.[/QUOTE]

I don't know -- I'm not saying your theory is wrong, but it's hard to believe that eBay is effectively causing price inflation. What's more likely the case is that people bought FF7 and most of them who have it aren't selling them. Thus the few that are on the market are raking in higher prices.

If there was a sudden influx of FF7s on the market again, then the price would clearly be worth less. Also keep in mind that while millions of FF7 were sold, the gaming market during the PSOne's hey-day is actually a fraction of where the market is today. So, yes, there are a lot of FF7s out there, but probably not as many as you might think compared to - say - a copy of FF10 today.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I don't know -- I'm not saying your theory is wrong, but it's hard to believe that eBay is effectively causing price inflation. What's more likely the case is that people bought FF7 and most of them who have it aren't selling them. Thus the few that are on the market are raking in higher prices.

If there was a sudden influx of FF7s on the market again, then the price would clearly be worth less. Also keep in mind that while millions of FF7 were sold, the gaming market during the PSOne's hey-day is actually a fraction of where the market is today. So, yes, there are a lot of FF7s out there, but probably not as many as you might think compared to - say - a copy of FF10 today.[/QUOTE]

Well I dont know how many copies of FFX or FF7 were printed, but both had enough printed to go Greatest Hits and get reprints.

I do know that up until about 3 years ago you could walk into a target and buy FF7 new for $20... thats a few years after the launch of the PS2

Today you can't do that in a big city. And there are more FF7s for sale on ebay than you can shake a stick at.

There are also a ton of FF7s for sale on Amazonmarketplace and other auction sites.. yet you can't find any brand new...

That is the indication of eBay hoarding. The other indication is the hundreds of people who have posted here bragging about how many copies of FF7 they are hoarding and ebaying.

Anecdotal evidence? Most of it, but its a pretty straight forward deal. Its not like ebay hoarding "rare" games is some new idea or something I made up on the spot.

Its happening every day, and even CAGs brag about their hoarding. Just check the Persona 3 thread

I know a guy who has well over a 100 FFVIIs. He ebays 3 a week, every week. He keeps them all in 2 long rubbers totes that slide under his bed. I think they are around 40 quarts. 90% are still in plastic but most are greatest hits. One is full and the other is half full. He gave me one because I was a friend. I don't know where he got them all from but some aren't in packages so I guess he pics them up cheap when he sees them. Next time I go over I'll ask him to get some pics.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I know a guy who has well over a 100 FFVIIs. He ebays 3 a week, every week. He keeps them all in 2 long rubbers totes that slide under his bed. I think they are around 40 quarts. 90% are still in plastic but most are greatest hits. One is full and the other is half full. He gave me one because I was a friend. I don't know where he got them all from but some aren't in packages so I guess he pics them up cheap when he sees them. Next time I go over I'll ask him to get some pics.[/quote]

PLEASE DO.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']PLEASE DO.[/QUOTE]

Yeah bro PLEASE get a GH copy from him and I'll gladly trade you for it :)

Is it such a crime that I want to replace my FF7 copy that I foolishly traded into EBgames in 2001?

While I do agree with the general idea of 'false rarities," thanks to hoarders, the unfortunate fact remains that the prices are high for another reason: people want them. I mean, I could go buy up hundreds of copies of Bomberman Act: Zero if I wanted. Doesn't mean I can put them on eBay ten years and get $100.

I always think its funny when a game is rereleased and the prices go down on ebay and people are stuck with tons of them. I should've sold my FFTactics on playstation before they rereleased it. I remember it going for over 100 for awhile. I think Castlevania SotN went for a bit also.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I always think its funny when a game is rereleased and the prices go down on ebay and people are stuck with tons of them. I should've sold my FFTactics on playstation before they rereleased it. I remember it going for over 100 for awhile. I think Castlevania SotN went for a bit also.[/QUOTE]

SOTN still goes for absurd prices, I just think those are not selling , just listed.

I have a black label FFT myself, but I play the damn thing all the time so selling it was never an option :) Ditto for my black label Vagrant Story

does anyone know where I can get a ff7 case? Years ago I put all my discs in a cd book and now that it's worth something I lost the case. I remember it had a weird 3-4 cd case.

bread's done
Back