Xenosaga III $39.99 Preorder @ Outpost.com

Already preordered this for $30 (well, thanks to Google Checkout)... but yeah, this game is supposedly really good. A lot of people have said that it's easily the best in the series. Go git' it, people.

Bad deal actually. Gamestop/ebgames online will soon drop their preorder price down to 39.99 as all the national stores has just recently.

Also I can confirm that addition to the artbook, you will get a life-size T-elos poster and a 2nd game case cover for the game. Look under the offical namco xenosaga 3 forums for proof on that.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Bad deal actually. Gamestop/ebgames online will soon drop their preorder price down to 39.99 as all the national stores has just recently.

Also I can confirm that addition to the artbook, you will get a life-size T-elos poster and a 2nd game case cover for the game. Look under the offical namco xenosaga 3 forums for proof on that.[/QUOTE]

That's great news if true--I hadn't heard that it was going to MSRP for $40...

yup the store chain just changed it about a week ago as I got my reserve there. They also insured me that the preorder bonus will be coming with my game and isnt just a web deal. Plus the just announced additions just sweetened the deal.

I HIGHLY recommend reserving at either gamestop or EB as they have the lowest price AND getting all the preorder stuff.

Hm... or I could just wait until the game is sub $10 like the first two.

That's the problem with a series that drops in price everywhere, I have no incentive of paying anywhere near full price for the rest of the games in the series.

[quote name='Roufuss']Hm... or I could just wait until the game is sub $10 like the first two.

That's the problem with a series that drops in price everywhere, I have no incentive of paying anywhere near full price for the rest of the games in the series.[/quote]

Why does it seem youre always bringing this up in almost every kind of thread? You mean a game will be cheaper in a few months than when it first came out? If only we all could master the law of supply and demand and early adoption such as yourself.

IGN has an interview with Namco Bandai about the game and the rep assured that there is an artbook and a life-size T-elos poster, but made no mention of the second game case cover?

What is this game case cover anyway? A second cover artwork insert that you could replace the original one? Couldn't they just make the original reversible?

Anyway, today I went to EB asking if they have the artwork already in for the preorder? They looked at me like I was a Gnosis. Apparently, they didn't have any nor were they aware of it.

[quote name='eau']IGN has an interview with Namco Bandai about the game and the rep assured that there is an artbook and a life-size T-elos poster, but made no mention of the second game case cover?

What is this game case cover anyway? A second cover artwork insert that you could replace the original one? Couldn't they just make the original reversible?

Anyway, today I went to EB asking if they have the artwork already in for the preorder? They looked at me like I was a Gnosis. Apparently, they didn't have any nor were they aware of it.[/QUOTE]

According to the official Namco forums, as posted by a Namco Admin

Ok ... I see that folks are discussing preorder goodies, so here they are:

1) Artbook ... make your friends jealous with color goodness (or evilness ... or somewhere between - or beyond - good and evilness) ... includes a cool embossed cover for extra jealousy

2) T-Elos poster (not part of the artbook) ... fill up the entire length of your bedroom door with T-elos splendor

3) Exclusive lenticular cover ... people say it's mesmerizing
Source

Not Much more info than what's already been presented. Now, the big question is, has anyone seen any websites that list all this has a pre-order bonus? All the websites i find only mention the artbook.

[quote name='infinitepez']

Source

Not Much more info than what's already been presented. Now, the big question is, has anyone seen any websites that list all this has a pre-order bonus? All the websites i find only mention the artbook.[/quote]

Its probably just going to be on all the first prints regardless if you preorder.

I'm probably just going to go to Fry's, when the game comes out, because I'm thinking they'll have it at that price. Still, I'm definitely considering, because I badly want this game and I'm willing to pay $50 for it (anything less is even better).

[quote name='infinitepez']According to the official Namco forums, as posted by a Namco Admin

Ok ... I see that folks are discussing preorder goodies, so here they are:

1) Artbook ... make your friends jealous with color goodness (or evilness ... or somewhere between - or beyond - good and evilness) ... includes a cool embossed cover for extra jealousy

2) T-Elos poster (not part of the artbook) ... fill up the entire length of your bedroom door with T-elos splendor

Source

Not Much more info than what's already been presented. Now, the big question is, has anyone seen any websites that list all this has a pre-order bonus? All the websites i find only mention the artbook.[/quote]

:drool:

Oh man I forgot III was coming so soon... got to hurry up and get through II.

Lots of nice bonuses! Looks like I'm going to have to pre-order this too... two pre-orders for me within a month (FFXII). That's a lot for me since I won't do it without getting something nice for it.

$39.99 at Gamestop/EB and if you have a good store you'll be getting THREE bonuses [art book, poster, game case]

Mind you, employees will look at you like "WTF?" [or like the above poster said, a gnosis]

It seems the only games that matter right now are Madden 07 and Madden 07.

I was picking up a 20 dollar copy of DQ8 at EB and the guy was trying to get me to preorder stuff... something I don't normally do. He was all about getting me to PO FF12 and XS3, he even mentioned the special edition FF12 but didn't even touch on all this stuff for XS3.

From what I've seen of XS3 it looks a bunch better than 2 with it's boring character models I may just have to dig in on this one. Don't think of them as horus of cut scenes, think of it as an interactive 6 movie or miniseries and it's a lot more entertaining.

[quote name='inefficiency device']I don't know if I'm the first to notice this, but the Gamestop/EB pre-order price online seems to have dropped to $39.99

(of course I ordered one)[/QUOTE]

Thanks i ordered one too.

Took this from the Namco Xeno forum:

Artbook - gift with purchase - GameStop.

T-elos poster (life size) - gift with purchase - GameCrazy.

Lenticular - limited edition packaging - Best Buy.

WTF! They are trying to make you trip dip in order to get all 3 bonuses :bomb:

So, which one are you after?

[quote name='eau']Took this from the Namco Xeno forum:

So, which one are you after?[/QUOTE]

That is just dirty.

I pre-ordered at EB today, and it was $39.99.

I don't like the sound of pre-ordering at three different places to get everything though.

What? I thought you get all three from EB? GS is owned by EB now, there's no reason you shouldnt get the same deal there.

huh?!
this sucks.
guess I'll go with Best Buy's bonus and buy the other 2 on ebay.
or maybe preorder all 3 for bonuses and sell the games.

huh?!
this sucks.
guess I'll go with Best Buy's bonus and buy the other 2 on ebay.
or maybe preorder all 3 for bonuses and sell the games.
this is getting ugly.
i hate these senarios.

I preordered at EB yesterday and the guy didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned the poster and the lenticular cover and now I guess I know why. I definitely want the artbook the most so I guess that's ok.

I'm curious to see the poster, if it's folded I wouldn't really care for it but if it were rolled then it might be pretty sweet. If so I'll just do what my friend does, he preorders the game then picks up his bonus item early as they usually come in earlier than the game and then never picks up the game and then a few weeks later he shows back up in the place and says he decided not to get the game and he wants to put the money towards something else. So basically he gets the item for free.

I'm not a big fan of this technique but in this case I won't mind using it, 3 different preoroder bonuses is retarded.

Any news on what the artbook looks like? If it's anything like that dinky Suikoden V artbook (or worse, the Prince of Persia: WW one >_

Yeah, 3 different preorder bonuses at 3 different stores *shaking head*

On a high note, I bought the OST CD and it's absolutely fantastic. It even comes with a memory card holder. Love it!

[quote name='eau']Yeah, 3 different preorder bonuses at 3 different stores *shaking head*

On a high note, I bought the OST CD and it's absolutely fantastic. It even comes with a memory card holder. Love it![/QUOTE]

Where'd you buy it? Is it original Japanese? How much was it?

If so I'll just do what my friend does, he preorders the game then picks up his bonus item early as they usually come in earlier than the game and then never picks up the game and then a few weeks later he shows back up in the place and says he decided not to get the game and he wants to put the money towards something else. So basically he gets the item for free.
I think that's why the preorder signs literally say on them, "Free Artbook with Preorder....(tiny print)which you pick up when the game comes in." I'm guessing either they'll ship the preorder bonuses and game at the same time or be instructed to not hand out the bonuses early. Of course there are always exceptions.

It's been almost a week since that Namco representative posted that information yet has not replied to any questions about it which makes me wonder. I wouldn't be surprised if the artbook was the only bonus (which is fine with me, it's all I wanted). The same instore signs also only talk about the artbook.

I think I read somewhere the main guys behind the Xenosaga series were basically kicked off the project for the third episode, which is why this one is markedly different from the previous two.

[quote name='sarausagi']Where'd you buy it? Is it original Japanese? How much was it?[/quote]
Yes. It's original Japanese, first press limited edition with a translucent blue memory card holder :mrgreen:

Costed me $30 something on ebay. Yeah, expensive, but I told myself I gotta have it after listening to the music from the trailers...

I have the LE edition of the OST also, I absolutely adore it.

BTW, did anyone get the artbook yet? I wanna know if it's worth it.. the poster or the shiny cover sounds interesting too..

[quote name='espy605']I think that's why the preorder signs literally say on them, "Free Artbook with Preorder....(tiny print)which you pick up when the game comes in." I'm guessing either they'll ship the preorder bonuses and game at the same time or be instructed to not hand out the bonuses early. Of course there are always exceptions.[/quote]

I always pick up my preorder items early, that's how I'm sure to get them. At first I used to pick up the bonuses with the game but I got screwed a few times and then decided to always pick them up early. I've never had an employee at EB or Gamestop say no to me when picking up my bonus items early. In fact lots of times they had the bonus items in at the time I preordered and just gave it to me right then and there even though the game wasn't coming out for weeks. Contrary to my friend I always went back to get the game though.

I've never had an employee at EB or Gamestop say no to me when picking up my bonus items early. In fact lots of times they had the bonus items in at the time I preordered and just gave it to me right then and there even though the game wasn't coming out for weeks. Contrary to my friend I always went back to get the game though.

Same but I've never seen a disclaimer like that on any preorder bonus. Additionally, when I preordered the employee told me that lately a lot of preorder bonuses have arrived with the actual game shipment and not beforehand.

so in order to get the special cover, do we have to preorder at best buy? or can we just pick it up the day it comes out? do they even offer a preorder for this game?

From all the rumors and reports, only EB, GS, GC and Best Buy have some kind of preorder bonus.

If you want the special cover from Best Buy (if it's true that they'll have that), I wouldn't recommend preordering from their website. There is no guarantee that you will get the special cover, especially when it's not even mentioned on their website. Just as their DVD on-pack bonuses, there are numerous reports that people didn't get them in their shipment.

Didn't Bestbuy get a special cover version of Death By Degrees for PS2? I guess Namco has some sort of special deal with them on limited edition covers for Namco's higher profile games.

Anyway, I checked both a GameStop and a EBGames store in the mall today/yesterday technically, no luck finding an artbook. :\

[quote name='Alien Spider']Didn't Bestbuy get a special cover version of Death By Degrees for PS2? I guess Namco has some sort of special deal with them on limited edition covers for Namco's higher profile games.[/quote]

Death by Degrees was a "higher profile" game? LOL that's news to me. Sorry I just had to poke some fun at that statement cause that game is just laughable.

What? I thought you get all three from EB? GS is owned by EB now, there's no reason you shouldnt get the same deal there.

GS does own EB, but the preorder bonuses are for GS, GameCrazy and Best Buy.

I ordered this early from cduniverse with the google pay, think they will include the pre-order bonuses?

Absolutely not.
Anyway, I checked both a GameStop and a EBGames store in the mall today/yesterday technically, no luck finding an artbook. :\
BTW, did anyone get the artbook yet? I wanna know if it's worth it.. the poster or the shiny cover sounds interesting too..

Probably won't arrive in store until the game does.

[quote name='roymustang']Death by Degrees was a "higher profile" game? LOL that's news to me. Sorry I just had to poke some fun at that statement cause that game is just laughable.[/QUOTE]

Don't confuse "higher profile" with "higher quality". Totally different. ;)

Anyway, it was one of Namco's more hyped games back before it was released.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Ugh, that's just a nasty pre-order scheme.... I'm afraid to get further details ;)[/QUOTE]

Highly agreed. Looks like I'm going with the artbook though. I preordered at GS yesterday but no artbook. They'll be getting it when the game ships.

Does anyone have a confirmation of the preorder bonus from their local GS, GC or BB? That their stores know about it, or already received it?

I called my local stores and they had no clue what preorder bonus I was talking about. I can believe none knows about the preorder bonus when the game will be out next Tuesday!

Hey eau, I was able to confirm the pre-order bonus on the poster @ GameCrazy B&M. The employee showed me a print-out with the poster listed as a bonus for Xenosaga III reserves. There wasn't a description on poster dimensions or any pics, though. Posters won't arrive until a few days before the game's release. Plus, don't forget to request a Rent 1, Get 1 Free Voucher when you pick up the game. Cheers!

Does anyone have a confirmation of the preorder bonus from their local GS, GC or BB? That their stores know about it, or already received it?

I called my local stores and they had no clue what preorder bonus I was talking about. I can believe none knows about the preorder bonus when the game will be out next Tuesday!

Confirmed at GS. Both the ones near me knew about it (as it was clearly promoted on their display units) and both said it would arrive with the actual game.

bread's done
Back