XIII for $9.99 shipped!! (XBOX & PS2) $19.99 for PC

Dang, the Xbox version is sold out. I don't think my local CC has it either.

Does anyone know if Best Buy price matches? If so, how does it work (I've never done it before)?

Do I just bring the ad to the register?

Thanks-
D

Yes, bring the flyer to the register . . . they may or may not match it . . . they can call CC to see if its in stock and deny the price if it isn't.

I want the Xbox version as well . . . have to see if mine has it!

[quote name='schultzed']Yes, bring the flyer to the register . . . they may or may not match it . . . they can call CC to see if its in stock and deny the price if it isn't.

I want the Xbox version as well . . . have to see if mine has it![/quote]

I have NEVER seen them call. I have brought in ads from stores 20 miles away and they don't even call. If it's a major competitor they'll match it. They don't have the time to bother calling.

Ive taken a frys ad to a best buy when the closest frys was almost 2hrs away. The best buy in waco tx basically looks at it that they want your business.

[quote name='ragtop70']Is XIII a FPS or is it third person? I'm interested at that price, but I hate FPS's.[/quote]

XIII is a cel-shaded FPS.

I got's mine at my local CC B&M. Matthew's, NC . They had about 6 left for
Xbox ( not including the one I hid Yesterday) and about 10 for PS2.

I'm ritch, Biotch! :notworth:

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']Ive taken a frys ad to a best buy when the closest frys was almost 2hrs away. The best buy in waco tx basically looks at it that they want your business.[/quote]

you gotta look where you are talking about though :wink:

my best friend's dad lives right outstide of Waco and they never even had indoor plumbing until the last year or two (needless to say he only went to live with his dad when his mom thought he needed to remember how bad life can be)

[quote name='kev'][quote name='schultzed']Yes, bring the flyer to the register . . . they may or may not match it . . . they can call CC to see if its in stock and deny the price if it isn't.

I have NEVER seen them call. I have brought in ads from stores 20 miles away and they don't even call. If it's a major competitor they'll match it. They don't have the time to bother calling.[/quote]

They ALWAYS call. Hell, even my friends who work there tell me they have to.

Yeah it depends on who is working there, the manager, how busy it is even. I always have mixed results at the CC & BB's near me. Sometimes the person is cool, sometimes you get a hard ass.....sometimes their manager would give them grief if they didn't.....

[quote name='Romeo'][quote name='kev'][quote name='schultzed']Yes, bring the flyer to the register . . . they may or may not match it . . . they can call CC to see if its in stock and deny the price if it isn't.

I have NEVER seen them call. I have brought in ads from stores 20 miles away and they don't even call. If it's a major competitor they'll match it. They don't have the time to bother calling.[/quote]

They ALWAYS call. Hell, even my friends who work there tell me they have to.[/quote]

They hadn't even put up a sale sign for the 10 or so copies of XIII they had left for both systems. As it was two employees were just standing there watching a movie while I browsed through the games, so thumbs up to them, they make it much easier to find deals.

I ordered mine online at cc.com yesterday at $19.99, and had the hardest time today getting the 110% refund. And the website flat out says that after you order it, if it's advertised lovwer, nomatter where, they'll issue 110% credit. And they refused based on it being sold out. I told them it wasn't at 3am, and that's when I noticed it (which is true). But, I had to wait til 11am, to call the Cust. Serv. # (that's when they opened).

After talking to several supervisors and pretty much flat out telling them they were lying to me, and I was not getting off the phone no matter how long it took to get my refund. She kept tying to refuse, but I just kept telling her to connect me to the next supervisor.

Took an hour and a half, but I got it refunded down to $8.99 plus tax.

:)

I actually got everyone beat on this, and here's my story:

I was coming home from work, since I had to go in for a bit today because of my trip to LA this week. On my way home, I stopped my CC to pick up Rise Of Nations: Thrones and Patriots and XIII. At the register, the copy of XIII wouldn't scan right, so it was just given to me.... not a bad deal.

(I know I should feel a little guilty for getting it that way, but, it was completely their decision, so I just caught a break on this one)

how come the xiii pc demo isnt working for me? It says monitors out of scan range, and theres no video just audio. Where is the safe mode for the demo?

I got the Xbox version of XIII... I dig it so far... I wish I had more time in the day... my life is being stolen by Halo and La Pucelle: Tactics...

I didn't order it today, because I knew it would be seeling out. And I work EVERY hour that CC (B&M) is open. No days off for me. So, I figured I'd order it yesterday and just get the 110% refunded. I ordered some other stuff too...

But, my cc is always sold out. And I'm in Atlanta so the drive is always long. Even if I did get off early enough to catch CC before they closed, it isn't worth the drive and gas. Especially when there's FREE s/h online. Much better than spending an hour going to the store, after working 16 hrs a day...every day....and being told they're sold out, and no rain checks are issued for games...but "try back...shippments arrive daily."

Plus, the hour and a half I was on the phone, I was at work, getting paid anyways....

:)

just got back from the smith have mall cc on long island, they had 38 copies left for xbox marked 9.99, so i snagged one :)

I'm going to try and find a copy at my CC, I hope I do, but if not then I'm taking it to best buy. I've never been to a store that they call the store. And even if BB does call there is a TRU next to it and I will try to get it Price matched there, and then if that doesn't work I'll try Target.... There are like tons of stores that Price match. Finding one shouldn't be hard for anyone.

Did they fix the damage given to enemies in these versions?

IIRC, in the PC demo, you had to shoot the entry-level enemies like 10 times in the head or 20 times in the chest to kill them.

That kinda turned me off from XIII.

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']Did they fix the damage given to enemies in these versions?

IIRC, in the PC demo, you had to shoot the entry-level enemies like 10 times in the head or 20 times in the chest to kill them.

That kinda turned me off from XIII.[/quote]

They must have because I picked up a copy (xbox) this morning, and upon playing it I could shoot an enemy in the head once and he will die, or about 3-4 times on the body. The game so far is pretty sweet.

[quote name='Shadows916']just got back from the smith have mall cc on long island, they had 38 copies left for xbox marked 9.99, so i snagged one :)[/quote]

Hey! When I bought the game online this morning, it showed me that their store in the Smith Haven Mall didn't have any (I assume that's what it meant by "not available for pickup in this location"). Not that I care because I bought it online, but now I wonder how reliable that is. And if that message didn't mean they didn't have any in stock, then why wouldn't it allow me to pick it up? I guess in the future I had better just go to the store and check for myself.

Anyway, The Smith Haven Mall is not very far from me so we must live fairly close to each other. Ah, to have fellow cheap-assers nearby is so nice. ha. :)

actully, i live in ridge- we went to sears to pick up the ps1/lcd combo for 80, and stopped by to try and get the codebreker wich turns out was not on sale- i checked to shelves and they had 5 slots stuffed with xiii

Just got back from Fry's electronics in Renton, WA. And to my surprise, they had XIII for both XBOX and PS2 for $9.99. The sign said "while supplies last". It looked like they had around 15 copies of each. Saved me a trip to CC.

[quote name='guyver2077']why didnt you just order it today or pick it up for 9.99. i just got it. all that for that extra $1[/quote]

Cheap ass gaming @ it finest :)

Whent to Charlotte NC CC today at noon no XBOX in stock but about 10 PS2.

Walked down to the CompUSA 3 doors down they pricematched no problem at all.

THey actually just took my word for it which was great.

YMMV

Braddo

I pricematched at my local walmart(Livonia,Mi). Had the flyer in hand and had no problems. Last copy there though. They didn't call the store to check for stock as I went after 9 PM.

i went to the cc in okc, ok.. xbox was sold out, but they pricematched at the compusa down the street. i didnt even have an ad.. i guess they just took my word for it.

[quote name='therobopope']i went to the cc in okc, ok.. xbox was sold out, but they pricematched at the compusa down the street. i didnt even have an ad.. i guess they just took my word for it.[/quote]

Last copy of xbox version in PGH PA. A bunch of people called in to put a HOLD on the game for that price (at least that's what the guy said). PS2 version was plentiful.

I went to two different CC's and neither had the XBox version, and neither did the nearby BB's. I picked up the PS2 version though. Damn nice game for 10 bones

Newington, CT had about a dozen or more PS2 copies and about a half dozen XBox copies left as of Monday.

I think this game is EASILY worth the $10, just for the Lan, Live and nice diversion from other FPS.

Finally picked up a copy today. The CC I went to (Durham, NC) had a lot of PS2 copies left, probably at least 20.

Just wanted to add to this XIII for Gamecube $14.99 @ Fry's instore, YMMV.

its sad ppl (game stores) neglect us GC heads.

[quote name='rimsforsale']Just wanted to add to this XIII for Gamecube $14.99 @ Fry's instore, YMMV.

its sad ppl (game stores) neglect us GC heads.[/quote]

i bought this game for $15 using the ggc and it was well worth it! it's awesome on the cube!

oh yea, for those looking wanting the pc version, check out target clearance rack. last time i checked they had it for $7.48. i would have bought it b/c i like using the mouse rather than console controllers, but i already got it for the cube.

bread's done
Back