Yakuza 16.96 @ CC (OOS online, B&M availabilty will vary naturally)

mitch079

CAGiversary!
Saw this one online but the website is OOS so I went to a store today to verify it and it is 16.96. Been waiting on this one to drop for awhile and it finally has. :)

Hopefully neocisco can fill us in on any others.

Ooo hopefully some better stuff will drop. Yakuza has been fairly easy to get for $20 for a while now. I think people have even bought it for $9.99 at Best Buy as a frontline game.

I found it at a BB for $14.99 yesterday.

Didn't need it, so I left it there. Would have bought it if I didn't have it already...

Yakuza 2 is said to be a much better game and it's finally coming to the U.S. in 2008. I may just have to get a used PS2 somewhere just to play Yakuza 2.

I thought the game play was pretty repetitive hearing Japanese gangsters say the F word in every sentence is just ridiculous if only they had a Japanese voice over option. The game itself IMO tries to mimic the Shenmue series but battle system is not in dept what so ever.

I've also been waiting on this one to drop. I know my CC has at least two copies just sitting there on the shelf.

But if this game has been seen as Frontlane game for $9.99 then I may have to go check out Best Buy first...

Ahh man. I was just there earlier in the week to get
Valkyrie Profile 2 and God Hand at 16.xx and now I have to go back.

Maybe I should just wait for part 2 in 08 ????

***opens shrink to God Hand**

**heart starts pounding**

I loved this game. It was goofy like Shenmue, but with more action. Good ol' Sega, inventors and masters of the "Mundane RPG." The second one is going to just be subtitled I think, so we don't have to suffer through the lousy voice overs. The one thing that *almost* killed Yakuza was the load times. The delay before fights was borderline unbearable after awhile.

I'm kind of bummed that Yakuza 3 takes place in feudal Japan....oh well.

[quote name='MadFlava']Have no idea what this game is about. Is it a 3-D beat em up?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Its sort of a like a Japanese GTA, but without guns. I enjoyed the story a lot considering its a beat 'em up. Some people don't seem to like the gameplay but I thought it was good enough. I give Yakuza a 8/10.

It was decent. I just beat the game and traded it in. I had to many other games to play so I didnt spend all the time possible on it. It has lots of extras that you can do with it. It's fun. Id give it a 7/10 (because of replay value) without the replay value I give it a 6/10.

[quote name='freshzen']Ooo hopefully some better stuff will drop. Yakuza has been fairly easy to get for $20 for a while now. I think people have even bought it for $9.99 at Best Buy as a frontline game.[/quote]

then you're pretty luck to get one at best buy at that price 9.99. i've been to like 3-4 best buy in nyc and only 1 of the 4 best buy's have the front row clearance sales. the games weren't that good either on that store that had the clearance.

bread's done
Back