yakuza 2 $9.99 new at best buy YMMV

LordFungus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Was at best buy in Williston, VT and found yakuza 2 for 9.99 new

The store had about 5 copies left.

I do not see the deal online..only store.

Thought some people might be interested with part 3 just comming out

Damn, it's not on the website and too far to drive right now to check my store.

Already owned a used copy but wouldn't mind having a new one without gamestop stickers on it :p

Aw I used to go to the Williston, VT store once in a while before I moved.
I'll have to check my nearest Best Buy for this.

I don't believe that I opened this post and found out that the best buy in question is not only in VT, but the one I worked at for 4 1/2 years. (Its a VT thing, very surprising to see an actual deal posted from VT! :) )

[quote name='Video-Gamer']you got a sku number for that?[/QUOTE]

No, its not listed on the website anymore, and I did not check the tag, sorry.

And I threw the reciept away....sorry again.

[quote name='Electro']does best buy hold games for you?[/QUOTE]
I work at Best Buy (unfortunately) and they SHOULD hold games for you without a problem. Unless my store is the only one that isn't filled with assholes...

I just started the first game last night, and I'm officially addicted. Gonna call my local Best Buy.

EDIT: My Best Buy always keeps me on hold forever. The phone rang for 2 minutes before someone answered, and then I was on hold for a whole extra 7 minutes. She awarded me an "A for patience" (lol) and proceeded to ask for the game. She told me Best Buy no longer handles the game.

Oh well, I'm not gonna bother calling the other locations cause they're too far to drive to.

Last edited by a moderator:
do i need to play the first yakuza to play this one? Anyone know if this price is permanent or only for a limited time?

[quote name='Gunsou']do i need to play the first yakuza to play this one? Anyone know if this price is permanent or only for a limited time?[/QUOTE]

no you don't. y2 will have a brief summary of the first game in the beginning. same with y3. y3 will have a brief summary of the first two games. and I'm guessing y4 must do the same thing.

get it! I think y2 has the best story! (haven't finished y3 yet but between 1 and 2, y2's story is just awesome!!)

[quote name='LordFungus']Was at best buy in Williston, VT and found yakuza 2 for 9.99 new

The store had about 5 copies left.

I do not see the deal online..only store.

Thought some people might be interested with part 3 just comming out[/QUOTE]
Man, I remember the Williston store. The old Circuit City across the street (in the plaza with TRU's and Marshall's...across from Hannaford's) was mine and mine alone in the early days of CAG. Ahhhh memories.

I've long since moved however. Did anything open up in Circuit City's spot?

[quote name='cochesecochese']Man, I remember the Williston store. The old Circuit City across the street (in the plaza with TRU's and Marshall's...across from Hannaford's) was mine and mine alone in the early days of CAG. Ahhhh memories.

I've long since moved however. Did anything open up in Circuit City's spot?[/QUOTE]

Nah nothing opened up since, but I remember the crazy $5 game sale at CC a few years back. I ended up making 300 bucks and got enough trade credit to get a PSP :bouncy:

[quote name='Sito']Picked up the last 2 at the Williston VT store! :)[/QUOTE]

congrats
BBuy sku # off your receipt please?

Is there any way to get an item # for this game because my Best Buy won't bother looking for games if they're not on their website.

I got one about 6 months ago at a local BB clearanced at $5. Still have it sealed lol. Doubt I will ever play but it's staying in my collection.

[quote name='psunami']Yakuza 2 site checker

None in my area. Although, if I actually went and looked in my basement, I might have a copy downstairs. heh.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! How did you find the tracker when the game is not even available on bestbuy.com?

[quote name='psunami']Yakuza 2 site checker

None in my area. Although, if I actually went and looked in my basement, I might have a copy downstairs. heh.[/QUOTE]

Not sure I would trust the site checker too much unless CAGs destroyed all the Best Buys in my state in one day - a number of Best Buys had a copy in my state yesterday (bold), but all of them are sold out today (grayed out).

So, I'm still going to go out and give it a go, just in case.

Remember:

Just because the online checker says "unavailable" there still *might* be some left in the store. It will say unavailable when the stock level on a item drops to 2 left in stock or less

[quote name='maxgle']Thanks! How did you find the tracker when the game is not even available on bestbuy.com?[/QUOTE]

There is a field in that link where you can just punch in the sku number.

I think the tracker is universal for SKU's, whether the site carries them or not. Out of my own curiosity, I'm going to my store today to see if they can do an STRL search (bust that out on them and see if they laugh) to see if there are other stores in the region that do have it, just to see if the online tracker is close to accurate.

Don't bother calling in. The rep will just check their website listing and then since they can't find it, tell you they don't have it.

bread's done
Back