Yakuza 3 (PS3) - $25.39 shipped at Amazon {sold out!)

I ordered this on Black Friday at Amazon for $31.74 (free shipping) so this is a good deal.

This game might go OOP, although I don't think any game this generation has yet. Yakuza 1 and 2 are pretty rare now and both go for above $40 on ebay.

Yakuza 4 will be released in march, I wonder if the price will drop more once the sequel comes out?
I want to order it but..I need to save money for the 3DS :S

I think I played this at PAX last year (pretty sure it was 3 and not 4) and really enjoyed what I played (fighting sequence+).

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't see it going much cheaper than $25 to be honest. At most it'd drop to $20 but I wouldn't take that chance.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. The game seems to be getting pretty scarce. If you're at all interested in the game, don't wait too long.

Damn you Amazon and damn you OP lol! I bought a copy because I'm an idiot. For that price on a Yakuza game, I couldn't pass it up.

Shit, after the hell I went through getting a copy of 2, I probably really should grab this as I know they printed few like they did 2. But I planned on picking up RDR and Mass Effect 2 this month... I guess Mass Effect 2 can wait. But I can't order this today, not till Friday at the earliest. And considering just how few copies there are, and how much they've sold in the last half hour, guess I'm SOL.

I really want to try this game, but I just dont think you will be seeing many rare and hard to find games anymore. I see this game on store shelves everywhere I go. I think I will keep looking and wait for it to hit clearance somewhere. Might get lucky, might not...

Just played the demo again, to see if I wanted to buy it, and I remembered why I never did.

I used to love games like this ages ago, still have my dreamcast and shenmue, but I dunno I just don't have the time or patience these days to sit through one of these games.

Thanks for the heads up OP, and goodluck to those wanting a copy.

I've had my eye on the game and sellers have been going at it around the $25 to $29 price for the last couple weeks. This was only a $2 drop from normal prices. I'm sure we will see $25 again and possibly lower.

might have to pick this up. just played the first one over the holiday and the story was incredible. going to play the 2nd one pretty soon.

[quote name='AceSam14']Yakuza 4 will be released in march, I wonder if the price will drop more once the sequel comes out?[/QUOTE]

I'll be impressed if they can make a decent game (the first 3 all scored near 80) with just a year between releases.

Is Japanese audio with English subtitles an option in this game, or do we have to listen to painfully bad English voiceovers?

[quote name='TheLounge']Just played the demo again, to see if I wanted to buy it, and I remembered why I never did.

I used to love games like this ages ago, still have my dreamcast and shenmue, but I dunno I just don't have the time or patience these days to sit through one of these games.

Thanks for the heads up OP, and goodluck to those wanting a copy.[/QUOTE]

I must say that the demo for Yakuza 3 is probably the worst representation of a full game that I can remember. I was hesitant as well until I played the full game.

Yakuza 3, in my opinion, is the best game released in the past 10 years. The story, characters, action, and emotion in the game is unlike anything else you will experience in a video game. It's sad that more people outside of Japan don't play this game - it's one of the biggest franchises over there, and for good reason.

[quote name='woodcan']How is a score of around 80 not a decent game? Now, if it scored around 50 then I'd understand.[/QUOTE]

You missed the point. It appears the first 3 games were decent based on their scores, but it was apparently 2 years between the original and Yakuza 2, and 18 months between Yakuza 2 and 3. It looks like it will only be a year between 3 and 4, so it will be impressive if it scores as well without being dinged for poor execution or failure to innovate.

[quote name='gantt']You missed the point. It appears the first 3 games were decent based on their scores, but it was apparently 2 years between the original and Yakuza 2, and 18 months between Yakuza 2 and 3. It looks like it will only be a year between 3 and 4, so it will be impressive if it scores as well without being dinged for poor execution or failure to innovate.[/QUOTE]

That's some pretty silly logic you got there. You do realize Yakuza is a Japanese game, and the time between the first and the second was only a year in Japan right? You do also realize that Yakuza 4 has been out in Japan since March 2010 right? Looking at the time between releases is pretty retarded anyway. If the gameplay and story are great, it'll get the same praise as the other installments.

[quote name='4tygames']I got a copy for $24 shipped from GamePodunk.com back in November and their deal is still live![/QUOTE]
Did their copy come with the Battle Pack DLC voucher inside the game?

Got this game for $15 during the GF year end sale. Great game although very long if you do the near 100 sidequests (you might get tired but persevere). It was a steal at my end, but I would support the SEGA so they can bring Yakuza 4 and 5.

This is one of the games that everyone should try. Also, try to email the Sega's customer service to get the Battle Arena DLC or something like that for free!!!

[quote name='ssjmichael']That's some pretty silly logic you got there. You do realize Yakuza is a Japanese game, and the time between the first and the second was only a year in Japan right? You do also realize that Yakuza 4 has been out in Japan since March 2010 right? Looking at the time between releases is pretty retarded anyway. If the gameplay and story are great, it'll get the same praise as the other installments.[/QUOTE]

You raise good points about the Japanese release timing, if true. Regardless, if the time between releases is decreasing, something is likely being cut - if not development time, localization time - unless there are different teams involved working in parallel.

What's considered great gameplay the first time around isn't necessarily considered great if you repeat it without innovating. Crackdown 2 is one example that comes to mind; there are plenty of others.

Anyway, there's no point in continuing this as your tone indicates you're incapable of respectful discussion. The proof will be in the reviews.

[quote name='gantt']You raise good points about the Japanese release timing, if true. Regardless, if the time between releases is decreasing, something is likely being cut - if not development time, localization time - unless there are different teams involved working in parallel.

What's considered great gameplay the first time around isn't necessarily considered great if you repeat it without innovating. Crackdown 2 is one example that comes to mind; there are plenty of others.

Anyway, there's no point in continuing this as your tone indicates you're incapable of respectful discussion. The proof will be in the reviews.[/QUOTE]
It is likely that part 4 started development well before part 3 was completed, this happens a lot with popular franchises.

Not only that but with part 3, they learned a lot about PS3 hardware and had a graphics engine set among many other aspects, so for part 4 they likely could focus more on gameplay and content, etc., instead of having to build a graphics engine from scratch (or maybe they did do that for part 4, I don't know, but it's not likely).

In other words, nothing to worry about, I think. :bouncy:

[quote name='e Skrilla']bite....THANKS!

Plus they have Bloodstone for $27...I dunno if I should get or not o.o[/QUOTE]

Amazon just had Bloodstone for $20 on a Lightning Deal. Personally I'd wait unless you're desperate to play it now.

changed my order from toys diva to springledge entertainment since toysdiva was backordered until today. didn't want to risk it.

bread's done
Back