Yakuza 4, Sin & Punishment & other BF titles still $10 at Walmart B&M

salty tbone

CAGiversary!
If you skipped Walmart on Black Friday like me, you still have a chance to find some leftover deals. Games that were on sale BF for $10 are still at that price in-store.

One important note: I've only been able to confirm that copies with a promotional UPC stickers on the back are still $10. Not sure about normal copies. Some have noticed the games still have circular orange stickers left over from the Black Friday sale. That's the quickest way of finding the $10 titles.

Most of the titles I've found are for the PS3 and Wii.

I will update this list with others' findings.

:ps3:
Alpha Protocol
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
Bioshock 2
Blood Drive
Create
Disney Sing It (the first one)
Ghostbusters
How to Train Your Dragon
Jurassic the Hunted
Kane & Lynch 2
Michael Jackson Experience
Monsters vs. Aliens
Pure
Shaun White Snowboarding
Shrek Forever After
Singularity
Super Bike World Championships SBK
Toy Story 3
Transformers: RotF
Yakuza 4

:wii:
Arcade Shooting Gallery
Ghostbusters
I Spy
Sin & Punishment

:360:
Alpha Protocol
Backyard Baseball Sandlot Sluggers
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
Blood Drive
Blue Dragon
Dead Rising
Kane & Lynch 2
MorphX
Shadowrun
Shrek Forever After
Singularity
Vanquish
Venetica

There also are $15 titles
:ds:
Legend of Starfy
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
:wii:
Wheel of Fortune

Original post
I was at Walmart after midnight Saturday and found Yakuza 4 was still $10. Any games that didn't have a generic UPC sticker were back to regular price (I price-checked Arkham City and Dance Central 2).

It could be YMMV but I thought some might be interested since the circular said the price was only Thursday through Friday. I avoid Walmart on Black Fridays, but I needed dog food so I stopped after work.

I was going to post this in the Black Friday thread but figured it would get lost in the postmortem discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='2DMention']I hate it too, and everything it represents. It's greedy, they don't carry American-made products like they did in the 90s, and they treat their store employees like crap (Distro center is another story, I have a friend who works there and they actually treat their employees good there). I mean - for Christ's sake, they haggle with suppliers over mere pennies! And they sell cheap crappy clothes. At least they're open 24 hours in most places.

Look at it this way, it always makes for some interesting people watching. :lol::applause:[/QUOTE]

Lol, I don't know if you saw my post about the HP Touchpad...I really despied them after that.

[quote name='Romeo']I'm really curious guys, all of the copies of Yakuza 4 look very worn, dirty and best up plastic, including the orange sticker and orange sticker. The copies I bought were locked in the cabinet and never out on the floor.

Is this game that old...?[/QUOTE]
I think it just came out this year,the copies i saw looked normal.Weird stuff.

picked of a copy of yakuza 4 yesterday for $10. They still have one or two copies left at the walmart in hackettstown, nj.

[quote name='Romeo']I'm really curious guys, all of the copies of Yakuza 4 look very worn, dirty and best up plastic, including the orange sticker and orange sticker. The copies I bought were locked in the cabinet and never out on the floor.

Is this game that old...?[/QUOTE]
Maybe those copies were a casualty of the Black Friday scuffles that happened at some of the WM stores over the cheaper games?

Just went to Wal-mart a few minutes ago and picked up

Xbox 360
Kane Lynch II
Alpha Protocol
Vanquish

PS3
Yakuza 4

all for 10 each

I updated the list in the OP since people are still finding the $10 Black Friday games in the wild. Happy hunting.

I went to Walmart today for Yakuza 4 (PS3) and didn’t find it, so I bought two copies of Sin and Punishment (Wii) and a copy of Blood Drive (360). According to the cashier, they never received any copies of Yakuza 4 at that store. I’m hoping that another CAG member might be willing to trade a copy of Yakuza 4 for a copy of Sin and Punishment.

I also saw Alpha Protocol (PS3), Arcade Shooting Gallery (Wii), Create (PS3), Ghostbusters (PS3 and Wii), I Spy (Wii), Singularity (360), and several other $10 games in the middle of a large bin. Most of them were kids’ games, though. There were several $15 games left too including Legend of Starfy (DS), Wheel of Fortune (Wii) and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (DS).

They also had the PS3 double pack with Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY and Batman: Arkham City, but it went back up to $49.99 from its Black Friday price of $29.99, so I passed on it.

[quote name='AionTelos']Is there a way to search on wally world?[/QUOTE]
You mean their website? No. These games are likely a special shipment, as I believe they had UPC's placed over the normal ones on the back of the packages.

So even if you were to search for inventory using the game listings for each of these on their website, it would only show the stock of the normal copies.

I went to walmart in walpole,ma and grabbed alpha protocol, monster vs aliens, how to train a dragon, and blood drive for 42. Going to check another walmart to find yakuza 4.

y4.jpg

Got to

Man, thought I had missed out on Yakuza for $10. Guess I'm going to Wal-Mart first thing in the morning. Vanquish for 360 isn't bad either. Anyone spot any of these leftovers in MA?

Are these behind the case or out in a bin? I hate going to WalMart and want to be as well prepared as I can be so I can run in and out. I also know asking for help from an employee will be a completely futile effort.

Yeah its from a game company called Coke'em. I work at walmart and can verify that they all are still 10 dollars, it has a special upc covering the back of the actual upc

[quote name='Yanksfan']Are these behind the case or out in a bin? I hate going to WalMart and want to be as well prepared as I can be so I can run in and out. I also know asking for help from an employee will be a completely futile effort.[/QUOTE]

Most of what I've found was still in the cardboard shelves used in the Black Friday sales. At other stores, the $10 games were in a dump bin. One store only had a few games, and they were at the bottom of the glass case.

[quote name='lito88']Yakuza 3 also for $10?[/QUOTE]

Nope. It's just selected games, and some of them are the most random titles you can think of, especially when it comes to the kids' games. Most of them were budget titles from what I noticed.

I can confirm that I did see a copy of Blue Dragon Plus for the Nintendo DS scanning in at $15.

For the 360, I also saw Morph, Bayonetta, UFC Undisputed 10, Crackdown, Soldier of Fortune Payback as well as Ironman 2 in the $10 end-cap at my local Wal-Mart. I did not scan in either one of these, so these could be going for $10 or $15. These reason why I say this is because this $10 end-cap had some games marked with a $15 price tag and others were unmarked.

I did not find any Vanquish for the 360 much to my disapointment, but I did walk away with Singularity and Alpha Protocol. They had plenty of copies of Yakuza 4.

They also had Twisted Metal Head On for the PSP and a single copy of Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition in that same $10 section.

My local Wal-Mart is not a Super Wal-Mart, but they are now on their extended holiday closing schedule (they close at 12 am midnight now), so happy late night bargain hunting if yours is open until midnight as well.

Finally found a copy of Yakuza 4. It was outside with the $20 games, and two copies were behind another game. I grabbed one.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Oh well.. I can live with paying $15 for Yakuza 4 from Newegg... But DAMN IT!!!![/QUOTE]

Hey, at least you got that. Yakuza 3 and 4 are both OoS now at Newegg and I'm trying to hunt down copies at Kmart and leftovers at Walmart.

No luck so far. I shouldn't be as disappointed as I am considering how much I've been spending lately.

[quote name='echerringt']Bah, I have no Walmart near my area. ;.;[/QUOTE]

No shit!? Damn and I thought there was a walmart EVERYWHERE

[quote name='Brother Daz']No shit!? Damn and I thought there was a walmart EVERYWHERE[/QUOTE]

It depends, really. Where I used to live, there had to at least have been one Wal-Mart and one Target in each sister city. In some instances, the shopping centers they were located in would literally face each other on opposite sides of the same street. Wal-Mart, though, had more locations.

Where I live now, there is only one Wal-Mart between Santa Barbara up until you get to Simi Valley, so that's a pretty vast distance. The amount of Targets here is through the roof though.

Checked out the walmart by my work and no Yakuza 4. Funny thing tho, found a few "opened" games in the bin and a bunch of Dead Space 2 both for 360 and PS3, but didn't see a price tag on them.

For those still looking for Yakuza 4, newegg has it back in stock.

No Yakuza 4 at my closest store, but they still had a couple of the $10-15 titles, including 1-2 copies of Heavy Rain Director's Cut complete with the BF stickers still on the outside of the packaging.

They actually had a handful of BF titles:)ps3:Lost Planet, :ps3:HR DC, etc) but I only remember the two I've mentioned here.

Guys-sorry if this has been answered already. I found epic mickey with the bar code sticker and colored round sticker on the front just a few days after BF. Rang up at regular price. So my question is, are the BF prices still ringing up for everyone or is it now YMMV? There are a couple other titles at my Walmart, didn't check them though. Epic Mickey is STILL THERE, mocking me

I found 3 copies of Yakuza 4 at my Walmart. Same goes for Singularity.

I think these are the two worthy of $10. Others are not so good.

[quote name='whitedeath']i am gonna shower and leave in 10 mins if anybody wants a copy of yakuza let me know. i will help ya out leaveing in 15 mins.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I was out at three walmarts yesterday looking for the game. Did you happen to pick up a spare just in case someone messaged you today like an idiot? If so I'll send you a message lol

[quote name='jaide']Is anyone finding Kinect Sports Season 2 for $15?[/QUOTE]

I checked that the Saturday after Black Friday and it was back to MSRP.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No Yakuza 4 at my closest store, but they still had a couple of the $10-15 titles, including 1-2 copies of Heavy Rain Director's Cut complete with the BF stickers still on the outside of the packaging.

They actually had a handful of BF titles:)ps3:Lost Planet, :ps3:HR DC, etc) but I only remember the two I've mentioned here.[/QUOTE]

Did Heavy Rain have a barcode sticker? That's what gives the other games their BF price still. Maybe I should just buy S&P and put the sticker on HR:DC. Problem solved.

bread's done
Back