Yakuza Dead Souls $45 shipped at Amazon & Newegg

I'm seeing $45 on Amazon.

I forgot all about this game as well. I blame Mass Effect 3. Hope the price sticks for 24 hours or so. I get paid tomorrow.

I've the game in my cart and as I was checking out some other purchase, I was gonna move it to save for later and went... hmmmm $45...

well... it remained in my cart and will get here thursday.

thanks!

What the fuck. I am going to ask Amazon to credit me the difference. Almost seems like a bait and switch to not honor the Pre-Order Price Guarantee ONE DAY after release.

they refused to price adjust me for the socom move bundle, but they told me to do a return/rebuy. where you return one, buy another and return that. but the price of gas and time to drive to the UPS store isnt worth the trouble

also: too bad they didnt match deepdiscounts 35.99 free shipping.

[quote name='whoknows']gamestop.com exclusive DLC made me buy it from there...

I sort of regret it now.[/QUOTE]
I did the same, but the DLC, some excess Gamestop credit, and fangirlism makes the $15 sting a little less.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']sent the price to amazon...i have my $20 syndicate credit that would make this awesome[/QUOTE]

Yay, amazon matched! I will also be using my $20 syndicate credit on this. Excited! :D

[quote name='Dead of Knight']They agreed to adjust the price for me. I emailed them, and BOOM, less than 45 minutes later, I have an email saying they'll do it. Thank God.[/QUOTE]

This too made me very angry. I just emailed them for the $15 difference, too. Hopefully they compensate me, as they have for you.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I did the same, but the DLC, some excess Gamestop credit, and fangirlism makes the $15 sting a little less.[/QUOTE]

I can't bring myself to suck it up. I bought it.

I'll return my Gamestop copy to a store when it gets here.
They've already emailed me the codes anyways

Does this make me a bad person?

I just heard back and Amazon is refunding me the $15 difference, too. Awesome!

I HIGHLY urge anybody who ordered the game at $60 - to contact Amazon RIGHT NOW. Timing is important, as the Customer Rep will likely call that out as a factor in their decision to give you a refund.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']What the fuck. I am going to ask Amazon to credit me the difference. Almost seems like a bait and switch to not honor the Pre-Order Price Guarantee ONE DAY after release.[/QUOTE]

They're doing the same thing to me.
Just talked to the Douche bags. Saying they cant do anything because the price they charged was the lowest at the time of shipment.

Just went ahead and cancelled the 4 other games that I have on pre-order.

They have done this 3 other times this year on me, dropped the price 1-2 days after release.

fuck em

[quote name='whoknows']I can't bring myself to suck it up. I bought it.

Does this make me a bad person?[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'm doing the same. I actually sold the codes for $40 and have another set for myself, and just ordered this $45 copy. Essentially saving $20 from the GameStop purchase.

I remember buying Yakuza 4 full price at launch last year and I eventually saw it on Amazon (or maybe Gamefly) for 15 bucks around August...the worst part of it all is that I still haven't started Yakuza 4 :(

[quote name='whoknows']I can't bring myself to suck it up. I bought it.

Does this make me a bad person?[/QUOTE]

Hell no. I did the same thing with Binary Domain as well. I hate Gamestop and I'm starting to dislike Amazon, a big reason is because Amazon doesn't have a 30 day price match when everyone else does. Sometimes they'll credit sometimes they won't. It depends on who you get, but I've stopped asking after reading about people getting banned.

bread's done
Back