Year of Xbox Live for $40 @ Amazon.com

[quote name='shrike4242']You had the wrong link earlier, OP. Fixed that for you.

Go pimp out your website somewhere else. We're not interested.[/QUOTE]

Was the link suppose to now point directly to Amazon? It still redirects to another site.

[quote name='shrike4242']You had the wrong link earlier, OP. Fixed that for you.

Go pimp out your website somewhere else. We're not interested.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you just changed the text of the link. I'm still seeing the xbox360digest link.

the xbox live credits were for the "code" not the card; for which there was always a price difference. This is better.

I couldnt find any of the old subscription cards at best buy so I went ahead and grabbed this since my live expires this month...thanks op...

[quote name='ryamkajr']the xbox live credits were for the "code" not the card; for which there was always a price difference. This is better.[/QUOTE]

WTF. Seriously? There's a difference between code and card? I just searched amazon.com and they don't even have a single listing for Live codes. I only see codes for MS pts or cards for Live subscriptions. So they're giving us credit for something they don't even sell? Lol.

[quote name='Thrinn']Was the link suppose to now point directly to Amazon? It still redirects to another site.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sabanoo']Looks like you just changed the text of the link. I'm still seeing the xbox360digest link.[/QUOTE]
Sorry about that, all. Fixed now.

[quote name='Jabrim']Here is a link directly to Amazon since the one above doesn't seem to go directly to Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029LJIFG[/QUOTE]
Yours didn't have the CAG referral on it, so that's been fixed as well.

[quote name='mogamer']Am I missing something here because it doesn't really make much sense to sell a physical product for $20 less, which includes shipping, than a download.[/QUOTE]The $40 price is a match to Walmart.com which has the cards for $40. Walmart.com doesn't have the code download option, which is why Amazon still has them at $60.

I tried to use the promotional $10 off as well. Amazon informed me, after I contacted them about it, you could only use it on the sub code, not card. Not sure there's any point in ever buying the code since cards are almost always on sale.

A heads up for those looking for an alternative. I noticed on my dashboard today it still has the gold for $40 for the year and you get a free arcade game. Snoopy was pictured, but not sure if it is that one or you can chose any other.

[quote name='JoKu']There is a better deal at Best Buy right now. $34.99 (old cards)[/QUOTE]It's $34.99 + tax, and most Amazon shoppers don't pay tax.

Also, not all XBL cards at Best Buy are $34.99, only certain ones.

It's a deal if you can find one of them at your local store.

[quote name='CaseX']WTF. Seriously? There's a difference between code and card? I just searched amazon.com and they don't even have a single listing for Live codes. I only see codes for MS pts or cards for Live subscriptions. So they're giving us credit for something they don't even sell? Lol.[/QUOTE]

yea card is physically mailed to you. the code is emailed to you i believe. you can choose either option from that link op listed.

[quote name='frpilot']yea card is physically mailed to you. the code is emailed to you i believe. you can choose either option from that link op listed.[/QUOTE]

I see it now. Thanks! It doesn't show up as a separate item when you do a search for Xbox Live code. That makes the promotional code useless cuz I'm never going to buy a code that never goes on sale.

[quote name='shrike4242']Sorry about that, all. Fixed now.

Yours didn't have the CAG referral on it, so that's been fixed as well.[/QUOTE]

What is a CAG referral?

[quote name='Jabrim']What is a CAG referral?[/QUOTE]

It's the part of a link that tells Amazon that the CAG site sent the buyer to Amazon. Amazon then gives this site a cut of any sale made by users who clicked on that link.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's $34.99 + tax, and most Amazon shoppers don't pay tax.

Also, not all XBL cards at Best Buy are $34.99, only certain ones.

It's a deal if you can find one of them at your local store.[/QUOTE]

The BB codes for that price are very much YMMV, but there aren't any taxes to be paid on subscription cards.

[quote name='confoosious']The code means you're paying for instant gratification. It's not rocket science.[/QUOTE]

Thank you ass hole. :lol:

$40 will be the new $30 sadly with the price raise. Though I'm set for two years thanks to the Sears $20 promotion not too long ago.

[quote name='mogamer']Am I missing something here because it doesn't really make much sense to sell a physical product for $20 less, which includes shipping, than a download.[/QUOTE]

In a way it actually does (besides the fact their price matching). It cost $60 everywhere and you get it immediately, so some people might just pay the extra $20 and go to the store to buy it. Or, from the comfort of their home they can get the code immediately while paying the same amount. It really amounts to pay more, get it sooner

Best Buy has the older printed cards with Call of Duty or Joust showing, that have the printed card price of $49.99. BUT...the ring up for $35. I picked a couple up yesterday at the Emeryville, CA store. They had at least 10 more.

bread's done
Back