"Yes We Can"- The Barack Obama Song

kennistond

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Has anyone seen this video yet?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHEO_fG3mm4[/media]
It's one of the best campaign videos I've seen and I hope Barack uses it in his campaign.

He's a bears fan...

and Hilary's a Giants fan....

wonder who im voting for?

Thank god we have football and celebrities to decide our candidates for us.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Phew, what would we do if celebrities didn't tell us who to vote for?[/quote]

Excellent question. Luckly, we don't have to think about that.

Apparently Obama doesnt even know about the video, it was made on Collab by Will-I-Am himself.

lets see who else is in this, okay,

Will-I Am is the first
Kareem Abdul Bajar is next
Common throws his two Sense in
Now John Legend shows up
Ummm...Random white dude on guitar
some other chick
Oh hey its that one Chick from Fresh Prince!
Harold Perrineau (LOST Series and Romeo + Juliet remake)
Random black chick
Random White guy again
That other chick again
Some white guy
Some Whit chick this time with Cleavage
Oh DAMN! Scarlett Johansen...Nice.
Random tall white dude
More random people
Hot Random person with generous amount of cleavage singing soulfuly
Some Punk looking chick
Random white guy with Guitar again
Some white chick with an Accent
Some Asian chick and some other chick holding a Kid
Random Black power dude with an Ascot?...oookay
Random Black chick again
That One guy from Van Wilder and some other white chick
Deaf Person doing sign language
Different Random white dude with guitar
Scarlett joahnsen again looking good
Hot Chick again with the cleavage
some Black dude on a Violin
That one chick from fresh prince trying to sing
random mexican looking guy
Some random R&B singer i think
Nick Canon and some white chick
oooooh Herbie Hancock and Scarlett Johansen.....nice!
and then flashes of everyone that was shown .

I give it a 7 out of 5

Regardless of one's political affiliation, it's interesting how a politician's speech can easily be lyrics in a song and I'm sure it goes both ways.

[quote name='MadChedar0']Regardless of one's political affiliation, it's interesting how a politician's speech can easily be lyrics in a song and I'm sure it goes both ways.[/QUOTE]

Nah... nobody writes good lyrics any more.

Anyway, I thought this was a great video. The guy's largely got the goods. If we're going to be forced to live with this rotten two party system, then it's Obama all the way for me.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']He's a bears fan...

and Hilary's a Giants fan....

wonder who im voting for?

Thank god we have football and celebrities to decide our candidates for us.[/quote]

i really hope that is just an unfunny joke

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i really hope that is just an unfunny joke[/QUOTE]

First rule of CAG: always assume it's just an unfunny joke.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Phew, what would we do if celebrities didn't tell us who to vote for?[/quote]

We would vote for Republicans.

[quote name='TripleH13']Am I the only one that seriously came in here expecting Obama clips set to the song Yes We Can by Made in Mexico?[/quote]Guilty as charged. Surprisingly, that would have made the video much more interesting.

In b4 popular rotation on MTV.

I just couldn't take watching it. The parts I saw looked like propaganda .....someone please tell me if Obama's actual stances on issues were mentioned in that video.

This is the funny thing about all of this. Our presidents are chosen (mostly ) based on false promises and buzzwords, catchy phrases, inspirational speeches. Anyone who can talk right and act right can be president.

I know that there are quite a few people who don't choose candidates stupidly like how I mentioned above, but I have a feeling that most do.

[quote name='modium']Guilty as charged. Surprisingly, that would have made the video much more interesting.[/QUOTE]

Yeah seriously. I thought it was Obama playing GH or something .. Maybe I've been playing GH too much.. or not.

[quote name='GTzerO']In b4 popular rotation on MTV.

I just couldn't take watching it. The parts I saw looked like propaganda .....someone please tell me if Obama's actual stances on issues were mentioned in that video.

This is the funny thing about all of this. Our presidents are chosen (mostly ) based on false promises and buzzwords, catchy phrases, inspirational speeches. Anyone who can talk right and act right can be president.

I know that there are quite a few people who don't choose candidates stupidly like how I mentioned above, but I have a feeling that most do.[/QUOTE]

You bitch about that, yet you're clearly unaware of Obama's platform and policy suggestions such that you can't identify a mere speech meant to motivate rather than inform?

And yet you wonder why people make music videos instead of speaking on their platform?

I'd venture to guess, and this may be a long shot here, that it's because of folks like you who want every politician's plan given to you with minimal effort and discomfort...like a nurse gives an enema.

Why don't you take the next logical step from "the media and celebrities aren't giving me the information we need" and go find out what he stands for for your fuckin' self? Google ain't broken, and this ain't Scientology. His platform isn't a secret.

Go to his website and read up if you want it so bad. I recommend you do, since I like informed voters, but this passive "they aren't telling us where they stand" crybaby bullshit is so lazy when the information you demand is five mouseclicks away.

[quote name='mykevermin']You bitch about that, yet you're clearly unaware of Obama's platform and policy suggestions such that you can't identify a mere speech meant to motivate rather than inform?

And yet you wonder why people make music videos instead of speaking on their platform?

I'd venture to guess, and this may be a long shot here, that it's because of folks like you who want every politician's plan given to you with minimal effort and discomfort...like a nurse gives an enema.

Why don't you take the next logical step from "the media and celebrities aren't giving me the information we need" and go find out what he stands for for your fuckin' self? Google ain't broken, and this ain't Scientology. His platform isn't a secret.

Go to his website and read up if you want it so bad. I recommend you do, since I like informed voters, but this passive "they aren't telling us where they stand" crybaby bullshit is so lazy when the information you demand is five mouseclicks away.[/quote]

You could have just said Google it.;)

[quote name='mykevermin']You bitch about that, yet you're clearly unaware of Obama's platform and policy suggestions such that you can't identify a mere speech meant to motivate rather than inform?

Go to his website and read up if you want it so bad. I recommend you do, since I like informed voters, but this passive "they aren't telling us where they stand" crybaby bullshit is so lazy when the information you demand is five mouseclicks away.[/quote] First off, I'd like to say that I was wrong in various places; each of which you pointed out. I was referring to an audience that mindlessly consumes propaganda and media potrayals and won't even think to take the time to make thos 5 mouse clicks. You know, the audience that you made a point to scoop me into . Or moreso, the audience I didn't try hard enough to scoop myself out of.

I am admittedly uninformed about the stances of the candidates, but the way you wrote with such urgency shows that you weren't aware that I'm not of legal age to vote. Either way, I suppose if I'm going to crusade against unawareness, I probably should be aware myself. I didn't even pay attention as to whether the speech was motivational or informal. In hindsight, most of that statement was a tangent, but what has come of me saying that made me right instead of wrong.

I don't want this to cheapen your great response at all, but could you go a little easy on me next time? Try putting me in a higher place instead of putting me in my place. I'm very humble and open to when I am wrong, you don't have to scold me.

Scratch that, maybe it's better off that you do. Putting your 16 year old in time out isn't as effective as taking away his TV, computer, and etc.

Obama '08! Would you want to let Obama Girl down? :whistle2:(

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/v/wKsoXHYICqU&rel=1[/MEDIA]

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Didn't Hillary win Cali? :X
I thought that's what they said.[/quote]

Yeah, but they'll still split the delegates based on percentages. For the Democrats, it's not all or nothing, which it seems the press is largely forgetting to mention this evening. surprise. :roll:

[quote name='Scobie']Nah... nobody writes good lyrics any more.

Anyway, I thought this was a great video. The guy's largely got the goods. If we're going to be forced to live with this rotten two party system, then it's Obama all the way for me.[/quote]

You're on CAG!

And I agree with you.

bread's done
Back