Yet Another Help Identify This Game Thread

Wet Ninja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I remember back in the 16-bit days I rented a game, and now I'd like to find it again, but I can't remember the title. It was a 2d, horizontal shooter. Each mission, you could choose one of 8 to 12 airplanes (I don't remember how many exactly); I think the farther along in the missions you went, the more planes were available, though I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure the planes were based on actual historical planes, and there may or may not have been helicopters as well. I'm about 80% sure the game was for the SNES, though it may have been for the Genesis. Sorry to be so vague, but it was a long time ago, and I can't remember any other details. I'd recognize it if I saw the plane selection screen between missions. Thanks in advance for any help in identifying this game.

[quote name='woobacca']UN Squadron? http://www.classicgaming.com/reviews/snes/unsquad.htm[/QUOTE]

That looks very similar to it. I looked at some more screenshots of UN Squadron, and it seems that there were only three selectable planes:
unsqua00.jpg

In the game I'm trying to find, I remember there were 8-12 planes from which you could select your plane for each mission, so I think UN Squadron isn't the one, though it's very close. Thanks for the suggestion; I appreciate it :)

bread's done
Back