Yet more problems buying from Gamefly

Venkman

CAGiversary!
This is probably the 10th game I've ordered from gamefly, and probably the fifth problem I have had with them. I've gotten games that don't work, double orders of my games, and the wrong games in the wrong case (I ordered Shadow of the Collossus and got the SotC case with a Resident Evil 4 disc in it).

My latest game from them, Metroid Prime 3, will show up in the Wii channel, but it will instantly hard crash my brand new Wii (6 days old) when I try to load it up. I get the "Disc will not play" message and it asks me to eject the game. After that, I cannot get the Wii to shut down and have to unplug it from the wall.

I emailed gamefly to let them know the game doesn't work, and this is the response I got:

Thank you for contacting GameFly. We apologize for the inconvenience. To ensure we provide the highest level of service to you, we will need to research your account. We will respond back to you as soon as we possibly can.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

I hope that is a canned response, because I don't think I've done anything wrong.

Despite their great prices and (usually) great customer service, I think I am done buying from them. It has almost always been a hassle for me- sometimes waiting weeks to get a working copy of the game I paid for. I want to do is play a damn game. I'm not reselling or trying to take advantage of anyone.

It may be worth it to pay the extra $10 and get it from (shudder) ebgames or gamestop. At least if there is a problem, I can take it immediately back with no questions asked.

For what it's worth, I had the exact same problem with my brand-new Wii which I purchased just to play Metroid Prime 3 about a year ago. It turned out that MP3 contained some kind of update which crashed the system. I ended up having to send it into Nintendo to get fixed. It may not be a problem with Gamefly in this case.

Now that I've done some research, I've found a lot of people with my exact problems with Metroid Prime 3. I don't have internet access at home, so I'll try brining the Wii into the office to update it. I hope MP3 works after that.

Gah, I thought the Wii was the stable one of new consoles. Meanwhile, my launch Xbox 360 is still going strong with no problems at all.

bread's done
Back