YMMV $10 Game Blowout at Walmart

FrankTheFrowner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
116 (100%)
***NOTE: I know most of these Walmart deals are store-specific, but I figured it would be worth a shot to post here. If a mod wants to move this to the regional deals forum, I have no issue with that.***

Just got back from the Westbury, NY store. There's a shopping cart filled with games on the left side when you walk in (right in front of the in-store Subway). Everything in that cart is $10.

Here's what I remember...

PS3 - Battlefield 2
360 - Bioshock 2
PS3/360 - Bulletstorm
360 - Child of Eden
360 - Dragon's Age II
360 - Gears of War 2: The Complete Collection
PS3 - Jimmie Johnson's Anything With an Engine
PS3/360 - NCAA Football 12
360 - Rabbids: Alive & Kicking
PS3/360 - Rage: Anarchy Edition
PS3/360 - Rayman Origins
PS3/360 - Red Faction Armageddon
PS3 - Tomb Raider Trilogy
PS3/360 - WWE All-Stars

Adding some other stuff as I remember. There were also a bunch of Rock Band/Guitar Hero games that I didn't pay attention to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bioshock 2 thats a gud deal!!!
bio

[quote name='mrclutch']My Walmarts never have these deals. Good deal on Rayman. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Same here :cry:

[quote name='vanmetumqr']Bioshock 2 thats a gud deal!!!
bio
[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 2 is pretty commonly around $10. Still a good deal, but I don't think it's anything special.

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']I would get Tomb Raider for $10. My Walmart NEVER has games at this price. They still hve NCAA 11 for $49.99[/QUOTE]
Mine still has Madden 07 for that price...for ps2

Child of Eden was fun but I got motion sick after 2 levels and had a massive headache the rest of the night... other wise I think it'd be a fun little game.

My wal-mart is the only thing in my town (thank you monopolization...) so it never has sales like this.

[quote name='vivafriend5']The only blowouts at my Walmart are located in the restroom.[/QUOTE]

I've seen this type of blowout in the garden center. No kidding.

[quote name='vivafriend5']The only blowouts at my Walmart are located in the restroom.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Check peopleofwalmart.com

[quote name='superhippy1986']Walmart in general should be YMMV[/QUOTE]

This. I swear when I leave a WM, I should get a chemical cleansing.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']I've seen this type of blowout in the garden center. No kidding.[/QUOTE]

Can you use a coupon for that?

[quote name='panda911']Not every sale has to be a blowout.[/QUOTE]

Walmart presents Gameageddon 2012! 'Cause we know when the end of the world comes around, you want to be sitting in your boxers playing a 4 year old sports title in blistering HD for only $10!*
*99% of sale titles only available in 3 stores in rural Kentucky

[quote name='MR_E']Walmart presents Gameageddon 2012! 'Cause we know when the end of the world comes around, you want to be sitting in your boxers playing a 4 year old sports title in blistering HD for only $10!*
*99% of sale titles only available in 3 stores in rural Kentucky[/QUOTE]

If only. I can reach some stores in rural Kentucky from here in Cincinnati... Nothin doin on the good deals. Usually ymmv means new jersey.

[quote name='mrclutch']My Walmarts never have these deals.[/QUOTE]

Mine neither. Not once. Oh well I have more than enough games to play atm.

I never see any good deals at my Walmart either. Just last week I found a strategy guide for the first Advance Wars on Game Boy Advance.

I don't even know how this is possible but the cover was so sun faded it almost looked like it was black and white.

I took it up to the register thinking it would be a dollar or two at the most and it rang up at $15. :lol:

People need to get something straight. Walmart doesn't have sales for electronics. They have clearances if they have "old" stuff on the shelves, but no real sales.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']People need to get something straight. Walmart doesn't have sales for electronics. They have clearances if they have "old" stuff on the shelves, but no real sales.[/QUOTE]

I work at the place and this is SOOOO true. There is a Videogame rep that comes in every week and does NOTHING but reset the modular for already there games. I have seen the same games there for years. There is also some psp(1st and go) accessories for "clearance" prices...a couple cents less than full retail. Wm clearance on videogames are few and far between.

Still, I can't complain, since I was able to find something decent at Walmart yesterday. I got a clearanced Metroid Prime 3 for $5. I would have prefered Pokemon Pearl or Pokemon Battle Revolution since I was planning on getting the Metroid Prime Trilogy if I could get it for cheap but I'm still happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='killa5k7']I work at the place and this is SOOOO true. There is a Videogame rep that comes in every week and does NOTHING but reset the modular for already there games. I have seen the same games there for years. There is also some psp(1st and go) accessories for "clearance" prices...a couple cents less than full retail. Wm clearance on videogames are few and far between.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Gotta love Walmart...

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Still, I can't complain, since I was able to find something decent at Walmart yesterday. I got a clearanced Metroid Prime Trilogy for $5.[/QUOTE]

What? $5? Seriously? That game is so hard to find, and almost anywhere I've seen it, it's been really pricey- about $60 used to $200 new. I stopped caring though, because I already own all the original editions of all three games. The motion controls would be cool though...

LMAO :applause:

I'd get Rayman and TR Trilogy at that price but the others have had sales like that before.

[quote name='theblizzman']Sealed PS1 sports games at mine.[/QUOTE]

holy crap. just wow.

[quote name='killa5k7']I work at the place and this is SOOOO true. There is a Videogame rep that comes in every week and does NOTHING but reset the modular for already there games. I have seen the same games there for years. There is also some psp(1st and go) accessories for "clearance" prices...a couple cents less than full retail. Wm clearance on videogames are few and far between.[/QUOTE]

yea i really dont understand the wal mart electronics logic. its so completely YMMV its insane.

[quote name='Tygamr']What? $5? Seriously? That game is so hard to find, and almost anywhere I've seen it, it's been really pricey- about $60 used to $200 new. I stopped caring though, because I already own all the original editions of all three games. The motion controls would be cool though...[/QUOTE]

makes me miss my wal mart from my home city. they regularly clearance 3 month old games to 10 dollars lol this is largely how my backlog leapfrogged to 500 games or more.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']People need to get something straight. Walmart doesn't have sales for electronics. They have clearances if they have "old" stuff on the shelves, but no real sales.[/QUOTE]

then explain why they had skyrim on sale for 39.99 before anyone else, and it lasted a week.

[quote name='Tygamr']What? $5? Seriously? That game is so hard to find, and almost anywhere I've seen it, it's been really pricey- about $60 used to $200 new. I stopped caring though, because I already own all the original editions of all three games. The motion controls would be cool though...[/QUOTE]
No, I mistyped that. I got Metroid Prime 3 Corruption. Yeah, if I got Metroid Prime Trilogy for $5, or for even $70 at Walmart, they would be my favorite company ever.

[quote name='Gatorsfan35']I would get Tomb Raider for $10. My Walmart NEVER has games at this price. They still hve NCAA 11 for $49.99[/QUOTE]
My Walmart still has Madden 07 for $49.99 :whee:

[quote name='Clown069']yeah mine still has ps2 games for full price.[/QUOTE]
This haha, I always see The Bouncer for like $40
[quote name='theblizzman']Sealed PS1 sports games at mine.[/QUOTE]

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

[quote name='MR_E']Walmart presents Gameageddon 2012! 'Cause we know when the end of the world comes around, you want to be sitting in your boxers playing a 4 year old sports title in blistering HD for only $10!*
*99% of sale titles only available in 3 stores in rural Kentucky[/QUOTE]

Being from rural Kentucky the Wal-Marts game selection is laughably bad and way over priced. All hail the internet!

Got that beat, my Walmart still has NBA Live 2002 for XBOX, priced at $51.99 in the glass case with the rest of the 360 games!

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']No, I mistyped that. I got Metroid Prime 3 Corruption. Yeah, if I got Metroid Prime Trilogy for $5, or for even $70 at Walmart, they would be my favorite company ever.[/QUOTE]

Whew! I was about to prepare my hunt!

Serious thought here. I wonder if they would do a price adjustment to sell the damn things (older games) since it is by each store.... hmmm.

fuck no. It's Wal-Mart.

[quote name='KrisMKX']Got that beat, my Walmart still has NBA Live 2002 for XBOX, priced at $51.99 in the glass case with the rest of the 360 games![/QUOTE]

You sir are the winner. Nothing like finding a 10 yr old sports game at MSRP

bread's done
Back