YMMV - BestBuy - Xbox 360 Gears of War 3 Bundle $199

Dominick331

CAGiversary!
I went to BestBuy today and seen a stack of these bundles toward the front of the store, with a large sign on them on clearance for $199 originally $329.99.

Seen in Manahawkin, NJ.

[quote name='creech42']Is it this one?[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's the one.

I was tempted too, but I bought the Black Friday bundle for $199 and its pretty much collected dust since then.

I'm going to BB tomorrow to see if I can get one for this price. My 360 is a first gen and is getting REALLY loud. I'm not sure how much longer it will last.

[quote name='randomevent']I'm going to BB tomorrow to see if I can get one for this price. My 360 is a first gen and is getting REALLY loud. I'm not sure how much longer it will last.[/QUOTE]

My 360 is so loud, I keep waiting for wings to pop out the sides and fly away. If only I had $200 :cry:

I would definitely nab one at that price. Mine has been acting up lately, but I'm positive it's because it runs damn near 24/7.

Man, that's a great deal, and I really wanted to pre-order the bundle, but $200 is a lot of money, and my Elite is still holding strong, and the next gen. is right around the corner, so I just don't know if it would be a good move. I'd probably have to sell my Elite and most of my games just to cover it. Hmm... Thanks though!

[quote name='slppedyoursster']My 360 is so loud, I keep waiting for wings to pop out the sides and fly away. If only I had $200 :cry:[/QUOTE]

That sucks. If it makes you feel better, I probably won't find it. Whenever anything is YMMV, I have the worst luck. People in FL seem to be content with paying full price for things, so all of the stores that that do any sort of clearance (Target, BB, etc) are WAY behind what everyone else on CAG is reporting in their local areas...

I don't have a 360. I'd love one for this price. I'll check tomorrow to see if my Best Buy has it for this price. I doubt it though...

[quote name='randomevent']I'm going to BB tomorrow to see if I can get one for this price. My 360 is a first gen and is getting REALLY loud. I'm not sure how much longer it will last.[/QUOTE]

Mine were too... So I used the PUR coupons a few months ago and upgraded both of my fats to new slims for $20 out of pocket each... Good times!

My coke and speed dealer works at Best Buy here in SAn Bernardino,CA...IM gonna go ring him up in a bit and see if he has any of these at his store

[quote name='headlikeahole']My coke and speed dealer works at Best Buy here in SAn Bernardino,CA...IM gonna go ring him up in a bit and see if he has any of these at his store[/QUOTE]

thats pretty funny. Let me know what you find.

Going to call my BB to see that it's $199. It it is, I have to move my 250GB S. My BB still has about 5-7 of these, all of which are right in front of the door with a big $329 clearance tag.

[quote name='akokonas']Just called my store and they are 329.[/QUOTE]

did you ask them to scan it? usually you might get a lazy employee that just reads the tag/sign and sometimes they might not have updated the sign.
will give a call to a best buy in a bit.

great deal and hope its everywhere :D

edit: yup they dont scan it , just look online for the price but lol at the woman saying "i don't need to transfer you to the video game department, i will do it" , and after asking a 3rd time i just said fuck it and asked her, she really wants to be manager or get 100% customer satisfaction or something.

i will try some more best buys

Last edited by a moderator:
A mere thought for those, like myself, hanging onto almost-certainly dying xboxs with shitty, small hard drives and loud drives and considering dropping hot cash on a new console...

Next fall we will probably be buying whatever the hot new xbox is! (Probably called the Xbox 8/Infinity)

[quote name='DJP519']I just wish that Best Buy had price scanners in their store, like almost every other store in the country does.[/QUOTE]

I second that! Especially since their prices rarely line up with shelved products...at least when things are stickered it's usually accurate.

I thought about looking around for one of these, but I will wait for the Halo 4 bundle instead. I'm a much bigger fan of the Halo series.

[quote name='bulldozer86']A mere thought for those, like myself, hanging onto almost-certainly dying xboxs with shitty, small hard drives and loud drives and considering dropping hot cash on a new console...

Next fall we will probably be buying whatever the hot new xbox is! (Probably called the Xbox 8/Infinity)[/QUOTE]

Good point. Im rocking a 120gb HD and mine has been having disc read issues. When first loading up a game, it might take a few tries to get it to read it and play it. Once the game is started, there is never any issue while playing. Just the initial loading of the game can be bothersome. Certain titles seem to be worse than others, but almost any game can have problems loading up to play. Can take a while some times, but I dont feel like spending money on a new one.

Hopefully it'll last till the next xbox drops.

[quote name='JKSonic']I second that! Especially since their prices rarely line up with shelved products...at least when things are stickered it's usually accurate.[/QUOTE]

ME TOO! So annoying asking someone to scan something. They always say, "Well the price says it's xxx." No shit. That's what the sticker on the shelf says but that does not mean that is what it is going to scan.

So funny going into stores and and seeing the look on an employee's face when they FINALLY scan something and the price is much less than what is listed.

Lazy blue shirts. :roll:

Oh god, I complained about them not updating their price stickers on one of those online surveys and they actually had a manager call me up and try and justify it by saying they would "have to change the stickers constantly". You mean... once a week? Those employees wandering about aimlessly through the store might actually have something to do? Oh the humanity!

[quote name='VexxedCS']Oh god, I complained about them not updating their price stickers on one of those online surveys and they actually had a manager call me up and try and justify it by saying they would "have to change the stickers constantly". You mean... once a week? Those employees wandering about aimlessly through the store might actually have something to do? Oh the humanity![/QUOTE]

The funny thing is that so many things would catch peoples eyes that it should even out.

Wish i could find one for 200

You could get 40-50 per controller and around 30 for the game making this a cheap console

I saw this at the Square One Mall (North of Boston) today for $260 IIRC. Was on the clearance rack in the video games section.

bread's done
Back