YMMV- CompUSA clearance bins

A

Apossum

Stopped by 2 Chicago CompUSA's today and they both had clearance bins...They both had a ton of different games for Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, and PS1. A sign said "up to 90% off" but most of it was still overpriced.

So, alot of it was junk or just poorly priced...but I did find RE:CV for the cube for 14.99 and a $6 Metal arms...not too brag, but just to show that you might luck out.

Check the shelves too, I found Fatal Frame, Tony Hawk 3, Blood Omen 2, Pirates Legend of Black Kat all for $5, all for Xbox. The shelf tags all stated they were manager specials.

Pretty nice finds, OP.

I just went, and mine only has mostly $14.99 old launch games, and the such, like Azurik, and some old puzzle games. The 90% is pretty deceptive. They put the retail price for some current 'Hit' titles as $34.99, to mark it down to $14.99. I doubt any casual gamer would buy Quantum Redshift marked as $14.99, and think they saved a lot.

[quote name='flaprabbit']Check the shelves too, I found Fatal Frame, Tony Hawk 3, Blood Omen 2, Pirates Legend of Black Kat all for $5, all for Xbox. The shelf tags all stated they were manager specials.[/quote]

that's pretty sweet!! Fatal Frame is a great, overlooked and hard to find game. I can't even remember the last horror movie(or game) to really scare me, but FF definitely did, on numerous occasions. Play it with the lights out and headphones on! :)

CompUSA has to be one of the most YMMV stores in the country. I'll give mine a check, but all I'm expecting to find is a bunch of Bloody Roar: Primal Fury for $15.

It seems to depend on how old the store is. My local CompUSA is fairly new and has no old stock. Their clearance bin was marked "Games as low as $1.98" with the cheapest being $9.98 for some GBA game. Nothing special except for non-attentive, poor service.

I forgot to mention that they also had marked, Sly Cooper 1 PS2, Myst III PS2, Seek and Destroy PS2 and GBA Smash Pack also for $5, but I didn't get those. They had old sports games also marked to $5.

My CompUSA sometimes has "Manager's Specials" that are above MSRP. Case in point, X-Files: Reisist or Serve was a Manager's Special at $47.88 for a long time!

[quote name='flaprabbit']Check the shelves too, I found Fatal Frame, Tony Hawk 3, Blood Omen 2, Pirates Legend of Black Kat all for $5, all for Xbox. The shelf tags all stated they were manager specials.[/quote]

!! Now I've gotta see if mine has Fatal Frame in stock! MUST STOP SPENDING MONEY! ARGHHHH!

Checked my CompUSA today but there was no clearance bin but they had a buy 2 get 1 free cart. So I got 2 XBox Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 which were tagged at 34.98 each and a King of Fighters 00/01 tagged at 29.98 free.

[quote name='Apossum']Stopped by 2 Chicago CompUSA's today and they both had clearance bins...They both had a ton of different games for Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, and PS1. A sign said "up to 90% off" but most of it was still overpriced.

So, alot of it was junk or just poorly priced...but I did find RE:CV for the cube for 14.99 and a $6 Metal arms...not too brag, but just to show that you might luck out.[/quote]

Yeah mine is like that too. 50% off, but the games are marked at $45-50.

CompUSA is retarted like that, and they wonder why they are a week away from Chapter 11.

bread's done
Back