YMMV DC Universe Online (PS3) Available at Target

konicki465

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So I was in Target today in Bloomington, IN picking up Medal of Honor for 360 and I was browsing through the games and in the PS3 section sitting on the shelves was DC Universe Online. The game doesn't come out until next Tuesday. For anyone looking to get a head start on owning the game because the servers probably don't even open until next week, go check out your local Target.

Yeah, coming from someone that works at Target, the game is hard-locked at the registers, so even if they somehow wind up on the shelf early(even though it shouldn't happen), they can't get sold.

Also I've read that the servers won't be up until release date 1/1/11.
So you won't be able to play anything before that date.

[quote name='FerDK']Also I've read that the servers won't be up until release date 1/1/11.
So you won't be able to play anything before that date.[/QUOTE]
Do you have to pay the $15 Subscription Fee right then and there?

Do they at least give you like a "free trial"?

Most MMOs give you 30 days to play with purchase of the game. And OP, this thread would have been a lot more YMMV if you had actually tried to buy the game and you were able to. Seeing it on a shelf doesn't really prove anything.

No, Target's systems won't allow the sale of anything before street date. I tried buying Bayonetta that was on the shelves just one day before release and was denied.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Do you have to pay the $15 Subscription Fee right then and there?

Do they at least give you like a "free trial"?[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to have a free 30 day trial.

I'm surprised that it's already shipped. In it's current state, it's far from being qualify as playable. If this wasn't Sony first party, there would be no way that it ever made it to gold certification.

I played 5 different characters to slightly over lvl 10. At first I thought i was kinda cool but it rapidly became boring drivel. No way is this game worth the sticker price let alone additional $15 a month. The game crashes so many times it ruined my PS3 hard drive and it was only 2 weeks old. It was a crashfest and was buggy. I too wonder how it was ready to launch in less than a month.

Plus, part of the appeal of an MMORPG is getting cool gear. Well what's cool about DC is you spend all this time creating a cool superhero just the way you want, just to have to equip ugly ass gear. Yes you can choose not to have it change the looks of your character but then what's the appeal of getting the gear other than stats ? So to me it's like yes gear! No wait but i look my hero, no wait but I want cool gear no wait I like my hero....

Meh I'll pass and I was looking forward to it. Beta saved me some money..

Like others have said, doubt it can be sold.

My worst story with this was Heavy Rain, a WEEK early. Had stopped in to try and check out some clearance items. My Target uses its own shopping carts to put inventory that needs to be shelved , and as I walk by, I see about 5 copies of Heavy Rain sitting in the cart, not even in one of the Hard Plastic cases, just in the wrapper.

Brought it up the register, and it would not ring. I asked what the problem was, and he told me that it had a pre sell date that someone must have put it out in the cart by mistake, but that sense I was able to see and hold it in my hands, they had to sell it as long as the computer was able to . After he tried a few different things, he paged a manager who also tried some things for a few minutes, before they said there was no way the computer would let them sell the game. Now I have never worked at a Target nor do I know what there POS is like, but I did even see menu's pop up saying it was not able to be sold, and even when they tried to override, it would not go through =(

So chances are, same with this. But even if it did not, like others said, not like the servers are up..

[quote name='FerDK']It's supposed to have a free 30 day trial.[/QUOTE]
Hmm...if you have to pay $60 for the game (or cheaper if you can find it), open it to install the game and can't return it because it's opened if you decide you don't like it, is it really a free trial? :whistle2:s

[quote name='deadpool253']Got one at target. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

lol... I kept reading the posts about how the system wouldn't let people buy the game and then you so casually mention you got a copy.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Hmm...if you have to pay $60 for the game (or cheaper if you can find it), open it to install the game and can't return it because it's opened if you decide you don't like it, is it really a free trial? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Same with PC games really. It is a free trial because the $15 monthly fee is waved, not the purchase price of the game itself

I'd would wait for the reviews. I played the ps3 beta until I hit the cap and while it's fun I feel 15 bucks per month is way too much. The combat is fun but is held back by the awful camera. The power's are not well described and you always end up feeling like you wasted skill points. Doesn't help that the respec cost goes up with every respec. Mics are not well integrated and to top it all off you can't sort your inventory! I realize some things can be chalked up to the beta but these issues seem to be fundamental enough to include in the beta. The game presentation wise does do the DC brand justice and the combat can be fun. For that I'd pay 10 bucks a month but your not getting a penny more SOE until you give me the ability to sort my inventory.

bread's done
Back