YMMV Devil May Cry HD Collection Out @ Gamestop

[quote name='Zaku77']God, wtf is wrong with you people? "Oh it's not a deal durrrrr." "Oh you could just buy the PS2 ones durrrrrr." That's really annoying and not useful in the slightest. There are plenty of circumstances when MSRP is a deal. Getting something early would definitely be one of them.[/QUOTE]

As long as people insist posting "not a deal" (OP's words) threads in the video game deals forum, these complaints will persist. If the complaints are truly that bothersome, perhaps posting these types of threads in another forum would be in the best interest for both sides of this argument.

[quote name='Thrinn']As long as people insist posting "not a deal" (OP's words) threads in the video game deals forum, these complaints will persist. If the complaints are truly that bothersome, perhaps posting these types of threads in another forum would be in the best interest for both sides of this argument.[/QUOTE]

This forum gets a bajillion times more traffic than the others do. It's a very obvious decision to post it here instead. Those on 'the other side' will just have to learn to sleep at night somehow anyway.

I'll never understand all of the "this is not a deal" posts. Sure, this is technically not a deal but I have far more interest in this than many of the ACTUAL deals listed on the first page. If the "non-deal" that gets posted is bad enough to complain about, then it should quickly fall a few pages down without the need to point out that it's "not a deal." Anyway, considering Target has a B2G1 DEAL going on right now, I would say the fact that the game's available now belongs on this forum since its now possible to get it during Target's sale.

Snagged one at GS, employee told me they received an email stating release date had been lifted to feel free to sell it. Not a huge thing as its not like the new AC or CoD coming out 5 days early lol.

Had some poweruprewards to cash in, got it for 15$+ tax, spider boss already stomping my face

Gamestops can ignore the street date on this after receiving a notice from their central office. Same with BestBuy is my understanding. You don't need YMMV in the title because it should be nationwide. Not in Canada, though.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Does the 360 version have a better frame rate ?
Important for this collection[/QUOTE]

Not sure how you'd get a framerate greater than 60fps which is what the original PS2 games were. From what I understand, both the PS3 and 360 versions are identical. I bought the 360 version today and beat DMC3 in one sitting... the game is exactly as I remember with absolutely no framerate dips or any other inconsistencies whatsoever. It's a fantastic port.

[quote name='samusaran226']I'll never understand all of the "this is not a deal" posts. Sure, this is technically not a deal but I have far more interest in this than many of the ACTUAL deals listed on the first page. If the "non-deal" that gets posted is bad enough to complain about, then it should quickly fall a few pages down without the need to point out that it's "not a deal." Anyway, considering Target has a B2G1 DEAL going on right now, I would say the fact that the game's available now belongs on this forum since its now possible to get it during Target's sale.[/QUOTE]

Targets might not be able to sell it yet. If they can, that would be amazing. Hopefully someone can confirm or deny.

EDIT: Checked their website. Looks like they're not selling the game in-store.

[quote name='Madrocsz']Snagged one at GS, employee told me they received an email stating release date had been lifted to feel free to sell it. Not a huge thing as its not like the new AC or CoD coming out 5 days early lol.

Had some poweruprewards to cash in, got it for 15$+ tax, spider boss already stomping my face[/QUOTE]

Get on his back, makes it 10x easier.

[quote name='dohdough']So is there a DmC promo in there?[/QUOTE]
No DmC promo, thankfully.

The only thing marginally DmC related is some a single piece of fanart that shows half of the fake Dante and half of the real Dante. That's it. Everything else is true DMC stuff only.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']The Best Buy I went to today had the PS3 version out but not the 360.[/QUOTE]

I saw the 360 version earlier today. Didn't check for the PS3 version.

i played the 360 version and it looks and runs great(i installed it to hardrive) the only thing i dont like is that when the cutscenes play they are in a small box rather than taking up the whole screen but gameplay is fine

[quote name='Thrinn']As long as people insist posting "not a deal" (OP's words) threads in the video game deals forum, these complaints will persist. If the complaints are truly that bothersome, perhaps posting these types of threads in another forum would be in the best interest for both sides of this argument.[/QUOTE]

Don't people complain in threads for most deals (especially Amazon these days) either way? Besides, these would be moved or deleted if they were seen as a real issue as I'm sure they get reported every time. To some it's a deal, considered helpful, and not a repost...isn't that good enough?

[quote name='Gosha']How is this a deal?[/QUOTE]

the game was not coming out for a while and people are already seeing it for sale, the OP actualt said that this is NOT realy a deal, but just letting people know that its already for sale. if you read the listing/heading you would see that.

[quote name='samusaran226']I'll never understand all of the "this is not a deal" posts. Sure, this is technically not a deal but I have far more interest in this than many of the ACTUAL deals listed on the first page. If the "non-deal" that gets posted is bad enough to complain about, then it should quickly fall a few pages down without the need to point out that it's "not a deal." Anyway, considering Target has a B2G1 DEAL going on right now, I would say the fact that the game's available now belongs on this forum since its now possible to get it during Target's sale.[/QUOTE]

i agree with you 100%,
80% of the deals on here are shit, example.....
"OH WOW $10 off modern warfare 3, the game that came out 5 months ago now i can buy for $50 insted of $60". shit like that is not a deal. dont get me wrong its cool that the OP's post all the weekly ads and deals that they see, but again 80% of gaming deals especialy weekly ad deals are not good at all.

[quote name='Alex121006']i agree with you 100%,
80% of the deals on here are shit, example.....
"OH WOW $10 off modern warfare 3, the game that came out 5 months ago now i can buy for $50 insted of $60". shit like that is not a deal. dont get me wrong its cool that the OP's post all the weekly ads and deals that they see, but again 80% of gaming deals especialy weekly ad deals are not good at all.[/QUOTE]

That's why I can't believe someone suggested it go somewhere else due to complaints (especially since I've never seen one get moved/deleted unless it was a repost). The vast majority of threads in the deals section have at least one cynical or negative comment.

[quote name='Prismatico']That's why I can't believe someone suggested it go somewhere else due to complaints (especially since I've never seen one get moved/deleted unless it was a repost). The vast majority of threads in the deals section have at least one cynical or negative comment.[/QUOTE]

The reason I suggested it moved to another forum was that some people seemed to be unwilling/unable to tolerate these types of threads or the complaints that typically accompany them. Moving it would nullify the complaints and hopefully make everyone happy.

Another possible solution would be to have CheapyD or one of the moderators write a short post/blog detailing exactly what is and is not allowed in this forum. Having a clear sets of guidelines would be a step towards resolving some of the bickering resulting from several different interpretations of what topics do/don't belong in this forum.

I'm not trying to take sides, but just offering some possible solutions because I'd like to see this old recurring argument finally put to rest.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Hopefully Walmart was smart enough to lift the street date as well.

Probably not, though.[/QUOTE]

Everywhere should have the game on shelves now. We got a memo at BB to go ahead and put the game out for sale and break the street date.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='snakemaster2389']i played the 360 version and it looks and runs great(i installed it to hardrive) the only thing i dont like is that when the cutscenes play they are in a small box rather than taking up the whole screen but gameplay is fine[/QUOTE]

PS3 is the same(so far in DMC 1). The cutscenes and menus are in a 4:3 box instead of widescreen. Gameplay is smooth as before.

It’s funny, I stumbled onto this Wed night and was tempted to do the very same thing as the OP.

It’s odd that anyone would take offense, however mildly, at this type of thing. The only reason anyone would post something like this is to help out his fellow gamer.

No good deed goes unpunished, eh?

[quote name='Thrinn']The reason I suggested it moved to another forum was that some people seemed to be unwilling/unable to tolerate these types of threads or the complaints that typically accompany them. Moving it would nullify the complaints and hopefully make everyone happy.

Another possible solution would be to have CheapyD or one of the moderators write a short post/blog detailing exactly what is and is not allowed in this forum. Having a clear sets of guidelines would be a step towards resolving some of the bickering resulting from several different interpretations of what topics do/don't belong in this forum.

I'm not trying to take sides, but just offering some possible solutions because I'd like to see this old recurring argument finally put to rest.[/QUOTE]

I would love for somebody – anybody – to demonstrate how the inclusion of this information in any way harmed the integrity of this forum.

Several people benefitted from the information so clearly the decision to post in here was a good one.

As far as I’m concerned, there is nothing to discuss or consider.

Who really gives a shit? (And if they do, why?)

I understand you are not taking sides but to me the entire issue seems silly.

I'm angry with OP at posting this, but only because now I'm trying to convince myself not to run out to Gamestop and pay MSRP for this awesome collection. Seriously though, I do appreciate seeing this, as I've been waiting for this one. I'm justifying my purchase with the fact that the MGS collection has gone on sale only once or twice since its release...

[quote name='GuardianE']No DmC promo, thankfully.

The only thing marginally DmC related is some a single piece of fanart that shows half of the fake Dante and half of the real Dante. That's it. Everything else is true DMC stuff only.[/QUOTE]
Eh? That was what won the art contest? I am disappoint.

[quote name='MistaBones']I'm angry with OP at posting this, but only because now I'm trying to convince myself not to run out to Gamestop and pay MSRP for this awesome collection. Seriously though, I do appreciate seeing this, as I've been waiting for this one. I'm justifying my purchase with the fact that the MGS collection has gone on sale only once or twice since its release...[/QUOTE]

Just to play devil's advocate, I think I would compare the DMC Collection more to the Splinter Cell/Tomb Raider/Sly Cooper Collections (which have dropped). Pretty popular, mainstream titles with a lot of appeal. Stuff like the MGS and ICO collections (yes I know MGS is pretty popular now) but those just feel more cult/niche and likely had fewer copies printed overall. I'm sure Capcom will print a ton of these DMC Collections and you can find one for sub-$20 in a few months. But hey, even I want to pick it up just because they broke street date!

[quote name='Thrinn']The reason I suggested it moved to another forum was that some people seemed to be unwilling/unable to tolerate these types of threads or the complaints that typically accompany them. Moving it would nullify the complaints and hopefully make everyone happy.

I'm not trying to take sides, but just offering some possible solutions because I'd like to see this old recurring argument finally put to rest.[/QUOTE]

No matter what you're going to have people complaining whether it's agreed to be a universal deal or not. If you start cutting down on something that upsets a stubborn, vocal portion of the community then what about the others who approve and thank the OP? I don't see it as clutter unless it's a repost, and the title says enough to avoid it if you don't want to buy anything at MSRP.

Very cool, thanks for the heads up. I got too big of a backlog so I'll just pick this up later.

Not sure why people click on the link to complain. I think the title is pretty self explanatory of what type of info you can expect to find. If you've been following this game at all, you pretty much know the YMMV is in reference to the early release. I have this on my wishlist on Amazon and the release date is still listed as 4/3.

ymmv

Ive checked 3 walmarts and couldnt find it...but then again they never know what they are talking about "oh we havent got it in yet, maybe tomorrow"

bullshit, I work for walmart and always see new games in the back like 1-2 weeks before street date, unfortunately I havent had time to check for this since we have been busy with Inventory

Thanks for the heads up. I got this last night.

It is sad that im being double (and in some cases depending on game) triple dipped into this series. However, I wanted to go through the DMC series again soon and the ps2 games look like BLAH on my 37" 1080p Panny (not a brag topic..just stating facts). This will at least make it look nice and acceptable more than playing with blurry old graphics. And really, 40 dollars is not TOO bad of a price for the amount of material this package will give (especially for new comers for the DMC series).

[quote name='dohdough']Eh? That was what won the art contest? I am disappoint.[/QUOTE]

It was one of several entries, and the only entry that had ANYthing DmC related. I think that's the only reason why it got a place in the collection. I'm just relieved there aren't any trailers or other crap of DmC. Plenty of other DMC only fanart made it in there, so don't worry.

I'm so happy that people are picking this up. :) Hopefully Capcom will get the message that this is the real DMC that people want.

The UPC# for the PS3 version-

Some retailers (like Walmart) only use the first 11 digits. Sadly, no Walmart within a 50 mile radius of mine will be getting this game anytime soon.

I saw it today but I resisted. Hopefully it will drop somewhat soon. I dislike paying full price. I will keep on playing some Ultimate MVC in the meantime.

Yeah, this whole "rush to say its not a deal" shit really needs to stop. I would not have known this was out without this post. So all you non deal posters that feel the need to pad their ego by posting this can fuck right off.

Just picked this up thanks to this thread, thank you for posting, all the people bitching about it not being a deal, chill out. Very helpful info!

[quote name='brentgolden']Cut him a break. Just spreading the word!![/QUOTE]

You don't cut someone a break, you CUT them slack or GIVE them a break! GAWWWDDD!

Personally I don't really care if this is on here or not, but I can see why some people don't like it. It's not a matter of integrity, it's more a matter of.... etiquette, I suppose. Some people go out of their way to stick to the forum rules, posting deals on the deals page and FYIs in General Gaming Discsussion or what have you, and then here comes Joe Too-Good-For-Decorm who takes the shortcut and posts in the deals thread even though they admit right from the get-go that's it not really a deal. Anyways, as long as we're posting things on the sole basis that they're "helpful to someone", I could really use some help with my macro-economics homework.... consumption functions? Anyone?

Capcom is at the end of their fiscal year so I'm sure any money they can get they want so that's why the OK was given to sell the game early.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Capcom is at the end of their fiscal year so I'm sure any money they can get they want so that's why the OK was given to sell the game early.[/QUOTE]

It's possible, they did the same thing with Okamiden last year around roughly the same time.

[quote name='GuardianE']It was one of several entries, and the only entry that had ANYthing DmC related. I think that's the only reason why it got a place in the collection. I'm just relieved there aren't any trailers or other crap of DmC. Plenty of other DMC only fanart made it in there, so don't worry.

I'm so happy that people are picking this up. :) Hopefully Capcom will get the message that this is the real DMC that people want.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Gonna pick this up today at full price and play the shit out of it...again.

[quote name='Thrinn']Does this collection offer an option to play the games in their original 4:3 ratio?[/QUOTE]

u can set your ps3 or 360 display setting to 4:3 by themselves so it isnt a necessary option in the game.

[quote name='technicalstylez']u can set your ps3 or 360 display setting to 4:3 by themselves so it isnt a necessary option in the game.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, doesn't look like that option is available if you're using S-video or component, but not if you're using HDMI with your PS3.

[quote name='technicalstylez']u can set your ps3 or 360 display setting to 4:3 by themselves so it isnt a necessary option in the game.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, looks like that option is only available if you're using S-video or component, but not if you're using HDMI with your PS3. HDMI is my only option with the setup I've got, which is why I was hoping that game would offer that feature.

trippin dude. i use hdmi. set your ps3 display setting to only allow 480p and it will be in 4:3 format, u might lose quality but thats what you get for wanting 4:3/480p. 4:3 is not an hd resolution.

[quote name='Thrinn']Hmm, looks like that option is only available if you're using S-video or component, but not if you're using HDMI with your PS3. HDMI is my only option with the setup I've got, which is why I was hoping that game would offer that feature.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']trippin dude. i use hdmi. set your ps3 display setting to only allow 480p and it will be in 4:3 format, u might lose quality but thats what you get for wanting 4:3/480p. 4:3 is not an hd resolution.[/QUOTE]

Like you said, with 480p you end up losing quality. That's why I was asking about if there was a setting in the game itself.

bread's done
Back