YMMV Family Dollar Rock Band Track Packs (all systems) 5$

Mason202

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
My first deal, please go easy on me.

Walked into my local Family Dollar to Find these Track Packs in stock

Rock Band Track Pack Vol 1 (PS2,WII)
Rock Band Track Pack Vol 2 (360,PS3,PS2,WII)
Rock Band Track Pack Metal (360,PS3,PS2,WII)
Rock Band ACDC Track Pack (ps2 only)

All for 5 Dollars each.

This is Extremely YMMV and your stock may be way different then mine but a great deal nonetheless.
Also Remember this is a dollar store not gamestop. look for the games to maybe be in a small cardbord box next to the most random thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheGlow']Anyone have a spare 360 ACDC?[/QUOTE]

I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but KMart is selling the AC/DC Track Pack for $5... check in the '19.99' area games, and you might see one.

(All the other track packs I've seen there have been marked 19.99)

Tried hitting up the only store around here again and appears they have the same stock on the Track Packs. Did get in some other crappy 360 games though.

If anyone needs a 360 Track Pack Vol 2 code. Send me a PM. That's all my location has left.

Has anyone found these in Minnesota? Also, if anyone happens to find it. I would be willing to buy the code for Classic Rock for $6 paypal on 360.

It's a bit weird, I know most people say Track Pack 1 was never made for 360/ps3 but Harmonix references it on their importing FAQ http://rockband.com/support/export-rock-band

[quote name='pROvIs']Has anyone found these in Minnesota? Also, I would be willing to buy the codes for Classic Rock and Metal for $6 paypal for a pack on 360.[/QUOTE]

No one has seen the Classic Rock pack for the 360 yet. That's the one I'm waiting to hear someone find.

[quote name='brianace']Optical, are you anywhere near Omaha, by chance?
I have my dad scouring family dollars in the Council Bluffs/Omaha area.[/QUOTE]I went to the 2 in South Omaha, the one on broadway in CB and the two stores near downtown today and only saw Track Pack 2 and Metal Pack for 360. I only saw one classic rock pack (for PS3 at the Store on Levenworth). I saw all the track packs for PS2. I was a little bummed that I was only able to get the Metal pack (Already have pack 2).

I saw the Classic Pack for the PS3, Track Pack 2 for the 360, the Metal Pack for the 360, and Track Pack 2 for the Wii.

Picked up a Track Pack 2 for myself for the 360 and there were 4 others there when I left.

[quote name='revsmitty']Tried hitting up the only store around here again and appears they have the same stock on the Track Packs. Did get in some other crappy 360 games though.

If anyone needs a 360 Track Pack Vol 2 code. Send me a PM. That's all my location has left. I can do it for $6 PayPal also.[/QUOTE]

I have one of these left. PM me if you want it.

After striking out a few days ago, I hit four stores today. All had received trucks in the last 2 days. Not a single store got the packs (or any games, for that matter). I guess we're too ghetto here. ;)

Folks are awful nice to offer these for $6 Paypal. $5+tax+Paypal fees would equal $6 or more around here. So people are basically donating their time, trouble, and gas at that price. Good on ya.

Didnt see any at a couple of the KC stores I checked but I did find a sealed AC/DC on ebay for $7 bucks. Thats a better score for me since I already owned most of the songs thru DLC that Id want on the track packs.

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']Didnt see any at a couple of the KC stores I checked but I did find a sealed AC/DC on ebay for $7 bucks. Thats a better score for me since I already owned most of the songs thru DLC that Id want on the track packs.[/QUOTE]

Good call. I got one of these now from eBay.

Drove over an hour (including 1/2 hour of traffic) in Rogers, MN to try to find the Princeton, MN location and when I got there, it was a bar.

Lesson learned: Call before you go somewhere.

[quote name='2DMention']Drove over an hour (including 1/2 hour of traffic) in Rogers, MN to try to find the Princeton, MN location and when I got there, it was a bar.

Lesson learned: Call before you go somewhere.[/QUOTE]

lol that sucks, did you have an aversion to going to the cities? there are about 4 stores in a 5-10 mile radius from me in crystal mn which is only about 20 minutes from rogers 30-60 with traffic at high peak times.

I picked up pack 2 and metal in NE Philly on Saturday ( frankford avenue up by academy road)

They had at least another pack 2 left and I'm not sure about any more copies of the metal one. There was also a bunch for ps2. They were in a small cardboard display at the very front of the store. Literally, walk in, and then swing backwards past the checkouts as if you were leaving, and they are right by the window.

I picked up Track Pack Volume 2 and Metal Track Pack for the 360... they got the Country Pack for the PS3, but I didn't buy it (I have my Rock Band tracks on the 360)... does anyone wants to trade?

I can go and buy the PS3 version of Country Pack and exchange it for a 360 version.

Finally found a FD store that had any of them. I got #2 for the 360. I'm not really a fan of Rock Band or Guitar Hero, but I figured it would keep my Aerosmith guitar from collecting dust. Hopefully, it'll work on the game.

They also had G.I.Joe Anniversary replica figures for $3 each. I picked up Blowtorch to add to the collection.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I picked up Track Pack Volume 2 and Metal Track Pack for the 360... they got the Country Pack for the PS3, but I didn't buy it (I have my Rock Band tracks on the 360)... does anyone wants to trade?

I can go and buy the PS3 version of Country Pack and exchange it for a 360 version.[/QUOTE]

So far it's been established that most people haven't seen Country at all except for PS2. So the fact you found one for PS3 is surprising.

[quote name='MasterSun1']So far it's been established that most people haven't seen Country at all except for PS2. So the fact you found one for PS3 is surprising.[/QUOTE]

I see... in fact, I saw the Country Pack at two stores... like 3 copies at each store. Well... maybe it's because the stores are in Texas.

saw country for the wii. picked up metal pack on the ps3. hope to hit up more stores and get packs for the ps3. thanks for the heads up on this one guys!

edit: also saw country for the ps2. shitbox 360 stuff galore. only metal pack for the ps3. makes me sad.

I can confirm the two Family Dollars at post road in Indianapolis have track packs.

EDIT: 2119 N Post Rd did not have them on display today, but was putting them out as I arrived.

[quote name='nbballard']you people finding the country/classic rock packs are missing out on a money making opportunity.[/QUOTE]

It's not really a money making opportunity. I picked upa few track Pack vol 2 for peeps here on CAG.. I picked up 3 extra and was selling the codes for $6 or the discs for$10 shipped. I made all of 30 cents on the one code I sold.

Once I posted I had extras, everybody else posted it as well. So here I am, stuck with (2) extra track packs for the 360. If someone doesn't want the codes, I'll end up returning them. So much for my 30 cent profit.

If anybody is interested, I have 2 left.. Email be directly, egorka at ptd dot net .

Apparently my PMs aren't working which isn't helping much. Someone send the waaahhh-ambulance!:hot::hot::hot:

^ Yea, but anybody on here only wants the codes- which means you can turn around and sell the games to Gazelle or whatever for 4 bucks a piece, and you've made 5 bucks profit.

That said, still haven't been able to get my hands on the Country and Classic rock packs for PS3.

TBF if you sell the code for a .30 profit you still do have the disc which is worth something too. I dont care either way and its still a good deal just pointing it out.

You guys are killing me with the Texas sightings. No stores anywhere near me have stocked these.

Never bought one of these. There is a code and a disc? And using the code doesn't invalidate the disc in any way?

[quote name='Zippon']
Never bought one of these. There is a code and a disc? And using the code doesn't invalidate the disc in any way?[/QUOTE]

Correct. But the disc only allows you to play the game, it does not allow an import on its own. The code is used to import the songs to your hard drive to use in RB2/RB3, the disc is used to play the songs directly, and earn achievements/trophies (if the PS3 ones have trophies, I don't know).

[quote name='DJP519']Correct. But the disc only allows you to play the game, it does not allow an import on its own. The code is used to import the songs to your hard drive to use in RB2/RB3, the disc is used to play the songs directly, and earn achievements/trophies (if the PS3 ones have trophies, I don't know).[/QUOTE]
I seem to recall that they do have trophies.

Well I have a 360 Country Track pack code that i want to trade for a 360 Metal or Classic Track pack code. If anybody is interested let me know.

[quote name='EV36']Well I have a 360 Country Track pack code that i want to trade for a 360 Metal or Classic Track pack code. If anybody is interested let me know.[/QUOTE]

PMed.

A store near me has Volume 2 for all systems, Country for PS3 & PS2, Metal for PS3 and 360 and AC/DC for PS2. If anyone is interested, I would be willing to pick up a copy to trade codes. I am looking for Country and Classic Rock for 360.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I wonder if these are worth more than $1.50 each at gamestop so I can get the extra ten bucks for 3 of these?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. I was looking at the values in the GS thread. They were all over $1.50, but the TIVs were also from the summer. If anyone finds out, though, let us know.

Now I feel stupid, I just went to 3 stores trying to find Vol 1 for 360 only to come back here and realize that doesn't exist. Didn't find any country and one ps2 classic pack, since those seem to be the sought after ones. Also ran into a store where they kept the hair product behind the counter cause it was in such a shitty area. Yikes.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I doubt it. I was looking at the values in the GS thread. They were all over $1.50, but the TIVs were also from the summer. If anyone finds out, though, let us know.[/QUOTE]
Just got back from Gamestop. Sold Vol 2 for $5, Metal for $2.50, and AC/DC (which I got at K-Mart for $5) for $2. (All of these are for the 360).

Now that would suck, if not for the +$10 promotion. With that, I got $19.52, which I used to buy a 1600 points card. So I walked away with 58 new Rock Band songs and 1600 Microsoft Moon Monies for $16.46.

Thanks again, OP!

still only able to find the metal pack for ps3. none of the other ps3 ones. tons of the rest. hopefully they refresh with new ones in a few weeks. anyone looking for anything that wants to trade?

Saw 2 stores with the :360: Metal Pack. I recognized not one single song. So I didn't buy. Saw a :ps2: classic and the other normal ones. No country, darn it... Oh well. I'll keep checking the stores as I see them...

[quote name='mokmoof']Just got back from Gamestop. Sold Vol 2 for $5, Metal for $2.50, and AC/DC (which I got at K-Mart for $5) for $2. (All of these are for the 360).

Now that would suck, if not for the +$10 promotion. With that, I got $19.52, which I used to buy a 1600 points card. So I walked away with 58 new Rock Band songs and 1600 Microsoft Moon Monies for $16.46.

Thanks again, OP![/QUOTE]

Damn, I traded 2 AC/DC and Classic Rock to Best Buy this morning for $10. I assumed GS would give me $.25-.50 for AC/DC.

1 Track Pack vol 2 for 360 $6.00 paypal per code. PM me if interested.

edit: Metal Track pack code gone, PS3 code gone, but I can get more so let me know.

[quote name='Heyricochet']Now I feel stupid, I just went to 3 stores trying to find Vol 1 for 360 only to come back here and realize that doesn't exist. Didn't find any country and one ps2 classic pack, since those seem to be the sought after ones. Also ran into a store where they kept the hair product behind the counter cause it was in such a shitty area. Yikes.[/QUOTE]

I posted this earlier as an edit but I'm not sure anyone saw it sorry to those of you who did.

It's a bit weird, I know most people say Track Pack 1 was never made for 360/ps3 but Harmonix references it on their importing FAQ http://rockband.com/support/export-rock-band

I think its a blunder on Harmonix' side but its odd none the less.

I have access to a lot of Track Pack Vol. 2's here in Spring City, TN for the 360. I'd be willing to make a special trip to buy one for someone who will trade me any of the others. (Disc and everything).

bread's done
Back