YMMV: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn $9.99 at FYE

Drkirby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well, don't know if you all will have the same luck, but I found a sealed copy of fire emblem radiant dawn at FYE today on sale for $9.99. Also saw Tony Hawk Project 8 for the 360 at the same price. I'll post some images of it later.

[quote name='Josef']Was this FYE closing (thus the discount)?[/quote]
No, it was not. Only FE:RD and THP8 were at $9.99, and mixed in with the rest of the games.

[quote name='Drkirby']No, it was not. Only FE:RD and THP8 were at $9.99, and mixed in with the rest of the games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, did Fire Emblem scan for that amount or did the employee manually adjust the price based on a sticker on it?

This isnt YMMV, its a Nationwide sale. Many Wii, 360, PS3, PS2, and PSP games have been marked down to $9.99. Thus far I've found:

Wii
Alien Syndrome
Battalion Wars 2
Code Lyoko w/ T-shirt

360 & PS3
Various 2008 Sports & non-yearly sports games (Sega RAlly, Tony Hawk, etc)

PSP
Jeanne D'Arc
Killzone Liberation

Since the cat's out of the bag anyways, You can take your receipt from FYE & pricematch at Best Buy & Walmart. The game is still going for around $50 on ebay, so its a great flip.

[quote name='Adilink']If someone could pick me up a copy, it'd certainly be appreciated![/QUOTE]

Yeah me too! I'll pay a little extra for the effort.

Anyone know the trade in value of this game at Gamestop? Discount FYE card + $5 trade in bonus on Wii games + Edge card = might make this a decent flip.

[quote name='rpgamer92']i have a fye in my local mall, might be worth checking it out, and commy that's a good idea.[/quote]

It sells for 30+ new on ebay, I just want a copy to play :) If there are extras I'll pick them up for fellow CAG.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']It sells for 30+ new on ebay, I just want a copy to play :) If there are extras I'll pick them up for fellow CAG.[/quote]

Yeah, I've been looking for a relatively inexpensive copy for my own collection to play. I missed the Toys R US $25 clearance and the $16.96 CC clearance, so my only hope for a bit has been a 20-25% off Wii games coupon from GameStop. I have an FYE about 10 miles from me; guess I'll check it out when I get some free time.

And awfulwaffle: trading in 3 copies of the same game is going to raise some major red flags at GameStop. You can bring your receipt in, but GameStop policy, unless you're in pretty well with the employees, is to not accept 2 of the same game (usually if it's the same game but different platforms they're a bit more lenient) in the same transaction/visit.

FYE having a decent sale? No way?

I'll check Fire Emblem and Battalion Wars 2 tomorrow. Thanks OP and Bezerker.

i saw at my fye - xbox 360 games - $9.99 - stuntman:Ignition and all pro 2k8 football. there were some others but nothing I can remember. going back so I will look at the wii games! bought stuntman, I think it's worth 10!

Amazing, someone posted a great deal on Fire Emblem and 90% of the talk is about flipping or selling?

Nobody here plays quality games anymore?

[quote name='Josef']
Nobody here plays quality games anymore?[/quote]

Actually, I was going to buy it for pleasure.

Guess I'm the only one here.

I'll have to give this a shot on Saturday, since I'll be by the mall anyway...I'll bet if this game is in stock in my FYE, that it will be full price. But, better odds are that FYE is cleaned out by then.

Guess its to late now, but here is the pic:
FERD.jpg

Behold the awesome picture from 4MP No focus and fleshless camera.

Also, does this ring up automatically if its not marked? If so, :D

Most the stores ive been to have not had it marked. Its the same in all their systems, so do not worry if they are not marked.

FYE is also able to special order games, though they are not supposed to do it for customers. If you make nice with an employee, maybe they'll order some for ya.

[quote name='david12795']So drkirby, which fye did u hit up in? I'd like to know in case u bought all the copies :p[/quote]
The one in the Boynton mall, and yes, I did buy all 1 copies \\:D/

I found a copy at a Sam Goody's a few days ago. I don't have a Wii, but it was a good price. I hope to be able to play it some day.

If someone can get a copy I would be really appreciative! I really want to play it. If you can get me 2 copies(or one fire emblem and one BW2)( one for me and my friend) I can trade you a sealed copy of P3 FES OR Arcana Heart.
My local FYE has only shovelware titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would totally check out my local FYE but it is at least 15 minutes away and their selection of Wii games can be counted on one hand. I'm pretty certain I wouldn't find it there. I might check on Sunday, though, as I'll be near the FYE anyways.

That's a good price for that game. I found Path of Radiance for $15 a target last year and Its much better than Radiant Dawn. But for $10 it's a steal.

[quote name='the_punisher']Times like these i wish i had an FYE =/[/quote]

Same here. Hope some CAGs can score some for the rest of us:D

My local FYE switched to used sales, so I doubt they have any, but if they do I'll be all over it. I missed Radiant Dawn when they were on sale at CC a long time ago.

I'd gladly pay 20 shipped for a sealed Fire Emblem to an intrepid CAG member that picked up an extra copy. FYE near me no longer carries games.

Man I hope I can find both BWii and FE: RD at my local FYE.

EDIT: SCORE! Thanks OP, got a copy of each!

Last edited by a moderator:
The closest FYE is a 45 minute drive...

Meh, I suppose it would be worth it. I'll definitely swing by there (well, go out of my way to get there) and check. Here's hoping they have a copy.

Anyone have a more definitive list with what's on clearance? I did manage to pick up the last Fire Emblem and Jeanne D'Arc for $9.99 each. Although, the FYE I was at (Fairfax, VA) had no price tags reflecting the clearance...

Thanks OP! I picked up Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Battalion Wars 2 for $9.99 each. I searched the shelves looking for anything else that could be on sale and all I found were Code Lyoko and Counter Force, also for $9.99 each. Anyone have a more complete list of the sale titles yet?

Just Scored Fire Emblem and BW 2 ! Cashier Total Disbelief , I love the look on their faces when they see the sticker price then the scanned price ! Ha !

Thanks OP. Went to the FYE here downtown on my lunch & picked up the last copy they had of Fire Emblem. They had several 360 games @ $9.99, but I only found one I was somewhat interested in.

Might swing by another location on my way home.

bread's done
Back