(YMMV?) Free one month Playstation + codes (check your e-mail)

xlaxparkax

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I usually don't start threads on CAG, so I'm sorry if I did something wrong.

I'm not sure if this goes here, but since it's PS+ related, I'll post it. Also, I didn't see this posted anywhere on the forums (I used the search bar)

I received an e-mail from Playstation Network, and it seems that they're running a special Xmas promo where they're giving PS3 users a redeemable code for a free month of Playstation Plus, along with two additional codes that you can give to anyone you want. I guess you could trade those codes with other people who have received the same e-mail and stack up to three months of Playstation Plus, but maybe you shoudln't do this (unless it is safe and within the Terms of Use/Service). The codes expire in March 2012.

Anyways, check your e-mail. The subject should read: "Free Games and Discounts for You and Your Friends". Inside, you will find your three codes.

To clarify any doubts, I was not a PS+ subscriber when I received the e-mail, and the only time I used the service was when Sony gave away that free PS+ month, along with the four games as part of their Welcome Back program. After my month was over, I never renewed my subscription, so I guess everyone should receive this e-mail.

385059_10150518048315169_517200168_10775389_1933789722_n.jpg

Edit: Apparently, if you renew your PS+ membership, you get another free month. At least that's what it says on the upper fine print from the e-mail. BTW, I AM NOT TELLING ANYONE TO TRY AND EXPLOIT THIS AND/OR HOARD CODES WITH THIS POST. WHATEVER YOU DO WITH YOUR CODES IS YOUR OWN BUSINESS, ALTHOUGH I WOULD ADVISE AGAINST DOING ANYTHING "SHADY" THAT COULD RUIN THE WHOLE THING FOR EVERYONE. Also, thanks to MICHAEL2414 for posting a better screen cap.

Here's MICHAEL2414's screencap:

9io7f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GrimmTrixX']yes but with these codes you have to have a credit card on your PSN. BEcause if you dont cancel within the 30 day subscription, they bill you for 3 months. says so in the playstation store when you go to redeem it. So if some guy used all 3, if he doesnt cancel it, i wonder if he pays for three 3-month subscriptions on his 1 account, so 9 months basically after? But yea I was hoping it was just free like when PSN had been hacked but no dice.

Plus, if you cancel after activating the code.. it'd cancel your 30 day membership... if you cancel on say, day 20, you honestly think they'll let you keep the 10 days left? very doubtful.[/QUOTE]

You're canceling the auto renewal, not what's remaining on the subscription

[quote name='Animekatt']Check the OP. ;)

I received the email with the codes. I just renewed my sub earlier this month, and I already had my CC info on the system.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, since I had asked I just assumed that the reply would be a post, no an edit of the OP.

EDIT: Found my email, would have 'never' found it if not for OP info...

Heres my codes, already subbed for a whole year and im feelin generous:) happy holidays!
(First come, first serve)
PBT7-MLN3-6L9N
3P9T-HQNB-247R
QEE8-E6NR-5ADF

[quote name='frowninclown']Heres my codes, already subbed for a whole year and im feelin generous:) happy holidays!
PBT7-MLN3-6L9N
3P9T-HQNB-247R
QEE8-E6NR-5ADF[/QUOTE]

Thanks, took 3P9T-HQNB-247R. Other 2 are redeemed (not by me).

[quote name='frowninclown']Heres my codes, already subbed for a whole year and im feelin generous:) happy holidays!
PBT7-MLN3-6L9N
3P9T-HQNB-247R
QEE8-E6NR-5ADF[/QUOTE]
All lurked, thanks for the drop though.
If anywant doesn't want his/her code I would be more than welcome to have it!

[quote name='amphigorey']So here's a question, do you get to keep the free Tomb Raider game (Underworld) when the 30 day sub runs out?[/QUOTE]
Free games no, discounted games yes

[quote name='amphigorey']So here's a question, do you get to keep the free Tomb Raider game (Underworld) when the 30 day sub runs out?[/QUOTE]

No, FREE games are only yours as long as subbed, unless otherwise stated (like the Jurassic Park promo). Discounted games, plus all free themes and avatars are yours forever.

As for the codes, I've been a member since day 1: no codes. My wife has never signed up for PS+: no codes. Guess we're just not lucky.

Damn, did not get a code.

For the record, I am a PS+ member, with my debit card info on there, with my e-mail being set to receive offers.

I have not received a e-mail, however, I had special offers set to off, so hopefully I receive something now.

For the record, I am PS+ member, with my debit card info on there.

[quote name='themidgardknight']Here are two codes for you my friends:

5HK6-84NQ-M74N
M9JF-TCNQ-G2AF[/QUOTE]

Somebody took the second code.. Sure if I try the first its gone..

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']...so anyone going to post the email address or info on the email so I can try and find mine (if I have one)...[/QUOTE]

[email protected] via innovyx.net
mailed by b1a.innovyx.net
signed by innovyx.net

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']I check my bank statement regularly so I don't have a problem trusting Sony. My question is if I stack up these codes I can get 3 months for free yes?[/QUOTE]

I did, I used all 3 codes and it said my renew date was 3/13/12.......then I removed the auto renew :roll:

Got the email on my main, but didn't get it for any of my alts. Never been a PS+ subscriber except for the free month after they got hacked.

Still at work right now, so is canceling the same as just turning off autorenewal? Thanks in advance

I got the email, I am not a + member but I did have a 30 day trial when it was first launched. I also did not have a CC on file. I was also currently subscibed to their email list.

im really hoping on getting this eventually!
i have two accounts i check regularly and my main email usually gets emails days before the other... maybe theyre just lagging on it. (wishful thinking)

Got my codes but unfortunately I have no credit card or debit card (Cold as ice, Sony). Hopefully i can use a prepaid visa gift card for this since ill be needin one for the gamefly sale next week. Neway, here's a code jus cuz it's that type of season to be jolly & wutnot: L398-CTNK-QL6Q

I got nothin'. Never been a PSN+ member, though I'm assuming that doesn't have anything to do with it.

If someone gets hit over the head with a brick and decides to give away more codes, I'll more than happily accept one. No sweat if that's not gonna happen, but what do I have to lose other than some pride?

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I got nothin'. Never been a PSN+ member, though I'm assuming that doesn't have anything to do with it.

If someone gets hit over the head with a brick and decides to give away more codes, I'll more than happily accept one. No sweat if that's not gonna happen, but what do I have to lose other than some pride?[/QUOTE]

Me either. Maybe it WAS for those that were once members...

I didn't get anything in the mail and my PSN+ ends in few days. I don't have much money to renew so 1 free month will help until then. Damn Christmas shopping. :p

my GF got the codes and she never was part of PS+ not even when they were giving the welcome back pack, so it's pretty random.

I'll change 12 codes for a 6 month code and a 3 month code , they don't accept international credit cards :(

I have been PS+ since day two or three and I doubled up on the 12+3 so I am set for a while................no email for me. Oh well. Congrats for those that got the charity.

bread's done
Back